What's new

CONFIRMED! PATCH TIME BOYS

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
All you Scorpion mains sweating is fucking hilarious.

Balance is great BUT for ppl to keep playing this game, they need to buff the ONLINE! WIFI MUTHAFUCKIN' FILTERS IN RANKED! Otherwise, you guys will play the game for a week then drop it again. Its not the characters thats really rage inducing, its the wifi warriors behind the characters.

Oh and making CUSTOMS LEGAL will make this game 100x better too :)
righteous as always, mate ! :D

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Scorpion doesn't have a 9 frame mid

he can be hella bullied.

In Reborn you can react to his teleport by defensive meter drained. (i think its like 40 total frames to react).

He doesn't bypass neutral anymore than Cetrion being able to teleport out of the corner for free. Or Skarlet teleporting out of the corner for free.

I feel like you guys have some serious PTSD and no ability to go into the training mode for 20mins to figure out how to deal.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

he can be hella bullied.

In Reborn you can react to his teleport by defensive meter drained. (i think its like 40 total frames to react).

He doesn't bypass neutral anymore than Cetrion being able to teleport out of the corner for free. Or Skarlet teleporting out of the corner for free.

I feel like you guys have some serious PTSD and no ability to go into the training mode for 20mins to figure out how to deal.
The thing is....here's the thing....Online makes Scorpion stronger. Deadass. Wifi makes Scorpion stronger. FACTS! That's why people hate him so much but you don't see him running a muck in tournaments OFFLINE. Hell, you barely see any type of teleports from Scorpion players offline because they know a good player can punish that ass. Fact of the matter is, online Ranked needs to be fixed. We need a wifi filter, we need online to be better otherwise people will still bitch about Scorpion. For the greater of all mains, let's advocate for that next :)

Elias6999

Mournful Master

he can be hella bullied.

Not having a 9F mid means he can be bullied? lol i have to laugh. And yes he bypasses neutral for free with his teleport because Skarlet and Cetrion actually have startup and recovery on their teleports whereas Scorpions gives him an instant attack to the other side of the opponent

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free

he can be hella bullied.

Their teleports don’t start combos whenever they want tho, nor do they make you guess if it’s gonna be cancelled or amplified. I think his teleport is faster than theirs as well and recovers quicker

I don’t cry about scorpion but that teleport is pretty ridiculous.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Not having a 9F mid means he can be bullied? lol i have to laugh. And yes he bypasses neutral for free with his teleport because Skarlet and Cetrion actually have startup and recovery on their teleports whereas Scorpions gives him an instant attack to the other side of the opponent
His tele is not instant in the least.

it has 20 frames startup/ recovery IN RANGE FOR YOU TO PUNISH HIM.

Get in the lab sir.

Last edited:
um, im against nerfing shang too but.....he absolutely destroys jade srry man xD
she denies ground skulls with glow, she punish it with nitro kick , she has better footsies than him and faster butons. BLOCK corpse drops then Shang has no meeter for combos if he amplify them. she has better zoning than him. maybe get better in the mu or lab shang.

At god+ rank jade destroy shang everyone counter pick me with jade,scorpion and geras

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Their teleports don’t start combos whenever they want tho, nor do they make you guess if it’s gonna be cancelled or amplified. I think his teleport is faster than theirs as well and recovers quicker

I don’t cry about scorpion but that teleport is pretty ridiculous.
They actually can start combos... but I get what you're saying.

I personally think it is ass that you can use defensive meter to provide offense, and would LOVE for that move to only tele cancel to full screen and never behind. and the Amp to only be a launcher on hit (jesus why isn't this a thing).

But this move is super punishable, it is just unorthodox. And I rage every time my standing one gets gobbled up by a throw as well.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
His B1 needs to he a high, straight up. He is a one button character. He should not have a disjointed hitbox advancing mid that is safe, staggerable, no gaps, confirmable, and with a built in mix up and krushing blow. Its absolutely stupid. He would still have the F4 or whatever his knee is as his fast mid too and that still has a built in mix with 2nd hit overhead and low hook so theres no excuse.
You have a point that this one move does a lot. However, I feel like they should leave the high but not top tier characters like Kabal alone for now. Nerf Geras, Erron ect, buff low tiers and then see how the meta evolves. If we want more character variety, I see no use in nerfing characters that already barely see tournament or kombat league play. Even if Kabal was the highest S-Tier character after the update, that would be a pretty tame S-Tier imo.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin

it has 20 frames recovery IN RANGE FOR YOU TO PUNISH HIM.

Get in the lab sir.
Except your mind is differentiating whether he's legit teleporting or canceling within those fractions of a second. Since throws piss all over pokes, by the time one's mind deciphers the cancel ye getting chucked on yer arse. This is on top of a dozen other tangibles at play. Ye still have to play neutral against him while covering your six.

All I want is more resources required to pull off this stupidity. Leave him as is, just lessen the frequency of tele cancel, tele cancel, tele cancel, ad infinitum.

Yet i don't see anyone complains about the op character Jacqui if she gets close she can cancel for days and be almost plus on everything with a 9f mid that beats everything and get 37% damage out of everything.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Not necessarily. I mean I would admittedly like that, but I know that shouldn't happen. Other TPs block neutral but are either passive or can be reacted. Scorpions is so fast that his neutral benefits from its threat at all times. That's the problem I have with it.
Can u react to sub zero's slide, to jaquies dash punch, shangs groundskulls, geras sandtrap, etc etc.?

Let me give you a tip, if reborn scorp has defensive bars, he will more likely telecancel. And guess what, its punishable, meaning he cant telecancel and block in time and yes u can react to it.
Only took me 2 min to lab to actually realise u can react and punish his telecancel.

Seems pretty early for a balance patch; the game has barely been out for a few months. Is it more likely to be fixes for things which aren't working as intended?

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
People acting like scorpion teleport is a totally new move and it is unfair. He has this move since mk1. Idk why this move is considered anti neutral while like Jacqui dash punch that covers half screen or like Cetrion geysar is totally fine by them
The main issue is that it can be meter-burned cancelled on block, which then sets up his throws or mixups. The move by itself isn't the issue.

Elias6999

Mournful Master

it has 20 frames startup/ recovery IN RANGE FOR YOU TO PUNISH HIM.

Get in the lab sir.
Yes I was in the lab. His teleport has an instand attack , Skarlets has 60F recovery on hers, he can cancel and pseudo stagger his teleport too.

CmC_HAt

Noob
why JC dont have viables crushing blows, why dont have a 9f mid, why dont have at least 1 side throw CB, why the wiff issues, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!__?????? 3months ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh