What's new

Complaints with Perfect Legend: Cronus Adapter, KI X DOA, State of Injustice

Before I get into it. This will be a recurring segment on my site called “Complaints with Perfect Legend” where I look at topics and voice my concerns. Here it is Saturday 12/14/2013

Topics I will be going over in this post:

• Cronus MAX Adapter
  • Hypocritical praise of Killer Instinct and the disapproval of Dead or Alive
  • Current state of Injustice: Gods Among Us
Lets start with the Cronus MAX Adapter. Now no one was talking about these until we all realized we want to use our current gen controller/sticks on Killer Instinct for Xbox One. Now that Cronus Max has Xbox One compatibility continue reading!

plbanner.jpg

Current State of Injustice Gods Among Us

For a while honestly this game wasn’t hype for me. I’m not sure how if it was for others either. Superman f23 breathing on people. Backdash Adam made the game boring. Its no coincidence those players would fall off and not be able to perform outside of their local scenes. They were using GOD characters. Because the dragons have been slain we can finally see the game for what it is. Its fun.

Yea it doesn’t have the traditional walk speed and footsies of other games but it has its own. Instead of walking in and out of poke range to just press buttons to make someone whiff. You have to dash in and out and make good spacing on your jumps and dashes or you will be interrupt. If anything the footsie range is just a bit longer in this game than it is in other games.

For example one of my main characters is Doomsday. I want to get in the range where if I use Venom it will hit you if you aren’t blocking. Venom also looks a lot like his regular forward dash so I can use this as a way to keep you honest and guessing. When I dash in I can opt to grab, d1 cancel to earth shake or jump in splash. I can also choose to get a life lead and whenever you try to dash in I can interrupt you with d1, shoulder or whatever move I want to use to intercept your approach. There is also trait management but I don’t want to go too in depth.

Because characters were normalized a lot of the cast is usable and that makes Injustice a very fun game to watch on stream. This latest patch has added I believe years of life to the game. There is a lot to it with interactables continue reading!

http://theperfectlegend.com/2013/12/14/complaints-with-perfect-legend/

Read it and hate it!

edited by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

gdf

Noob
Great to see your analysis of Injustice, it really critiques and promotes the objective idea of Injustice's framework.

However apart from sight, where do you get your findings that Injustice slows down on the Playstation 3 system?

I can say I support this claim as it might a person-by-person basis without any hard evidence. Note also that some people may only have access to Playstation 3, additionally even to the point of that Injustice may not be their sole purpose of owning the console. It could very well be that family members use it for other games, or films, etc...

I want this community to thrive as much as you do, however we can't just go forth into obligating others' money based solely on a personal hypothesis.

Great to see your analysis of Injustice, it really critiques and promotes the objective idea of Injustice's framework.

However apart from sight, where do you get your findings that Injustice slows down on the Playstation 3 system?

I can say I support this claim as it might a person-by-person basis without any hard evidence. Note also that some people may only have access to Playstation 3, additionally even to the point of that Injustice may not be their sole purpose of owning the console. It could very well be that family members use it for other games, or films, etc...

I want this community to thrive as much as you do, however we can't just go forth into obligating others' money based solely on a personal hypothesis.
I know from experience. When you try to do combos as the stage is breaking a part in the background as it usually does it causes major slow down and makes your inputs drop

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

I know from experience. When you try to do combos as the stage is breaking a part in the background as it usually does it causes major slow down and makes your inputs drop
i second this, i agree with PL and btw when at comicon last year, hector himself told me that stages such as metropolis lag on ps3 and not the xbox. He stated that a few stages had frame drops on the ps3 version.

E

Eldriken

I play on the 360 and I see that slowdown happen on it as well.

Might just be my 360 though.
Can't I've ever seen any FPS drop during any stage at all while playing on the 360. The only slowdown I ever notice is due to lag.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
The ps3 version only dips in the first couple of minutes of play. I know its stupid but it doesnt just keep doing it the whole game. I everytime i start the game i go into practice first just for this issue.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Can't I've ever seen any FPS drop during any stage at all while playing on the 360. The only slowdown I ever notice is due to lag.
It slows down when Im in training mode.

I have no idea if this a system issue or my personal 360 issue. Just stating what happened to me.

thats more a lovestorm than a shitstorm over injustice, and its all agreeable. i dont Play on ps3 though so no idea about that.

about the "dashes = footsies" in this game, i thought about it too, and it makes sense if you look at the huge stages and Screen size, to just get a level bigger in the movement Depot too. the footsie game is gonna be even clearer when People finally learn to anti-air so the jumping gets less.

E

Eldriken

It slows down when Im in training mode.

I have no idea if this a system issue or my personal 360 issue. Just stating what happened to me.
It might be your 360. What stage(s) in training mode do you notice the slowdown? I'll see if I experience the same thing.

Also, does it happen right away or is it after a certain amount of time that you begin to notice it?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It might be your 360. What stage(s) in training mode do you notice the slowdown? I'll see if I experience the same thing.

Also, does it happen right away or is it after a certain amount of time that you begin to notice it?
Random times

Yesterday it was on Watchtower. Might be my cache though.

E

Eldriken

Random times

Yesterday it was on Watchtower. Might be my cache though.
Ah, okay. Well, if I experience anything like that, I'll let you know. But for the time being, I'd wager it's more than likely just your 360.

When I'm logged in on PSN, and go to training mode (or even face the AI) the game lags really bad. I usually just sign out from PSN when I go into training mode. Have no idea if this happens on the 360,, but it does happen to me.

And for the most part, yeah good read. As for DOA and KI....KI got them sparkles that DOA doesn't have :REO

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
As far as the cronus goes… I don't know how ECT and NEC would have even happened without them lol. I think they were used pretty heavily by the ps3 players.