What's new

Complaint thread

Not the thread for it but i recently got a pc laptop with the xbox app preinstalled, does that mean i can play xbox MK1 instead of the pc version?!
No. The Xbox App allows you to play the PC - Microsoft Store versions of games. Note many of them are part of Xbox Play Anywhere, allowing crossplay and cross progression between them and Xbox console versions.

When did you start playing MK? Some of us aren’t new to the game and running was an integral aspect. Ill never forget seeing characters in umk3 screaming towards the opponent desperately trying to get away. I personally want it multi directional though, let the zoners run away and let rushdown run towards, it would look so intense.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
When did you start playing MK? Some of us aren’t new to the game and running was an integral aspect. Ill never forget seeing characters in umk3 screaming towards the opponent desperately trying to get away. I personally want it multi directional though, let the zoners run away and let rushdown run towards, it would look so intense.
Yes chase the zoners into the corner and lock em down.

I started playing with Mortal Kombat (1992) when it first launched in arcades. Running was not a part of the franchise for a good 3 years, and personally I was never a fan of it. I wasn't keen on it's return in Mortal Kombat X but I did tolerate it (and would again, it's not a deal breaker for me), though I greatly prefer Dashing.

Wasnt the run button in only 3 of 12 mortal kombat games ? The run button destroys neutral in every game its been in. I understand moves like scorps Tele, and or subs slide destroy neutral, but they come at a heavy risk to reward status. Running allows you to do the same with practically zero risk.

I want a multi directional run button so that it opens up neutral moreso. Aesthetically running looks cooler than just dashing, and they arent mutually exclusive we can have both.

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Not the thread for it but i recently got a pc laptop with the xbox app preinstalled, does that mean i can play xbox MK1 instead of the pc version?!
This would be the wrong thread but no, I don’t believe you can play that on pc if the Microsoft store version doesn’t come with the pc version

BumbleBee

Power of Toasty
I want a multi directional run button so that it opens up neutral moreso. Aesthetically running looks cooler than just dashing, and they arent mutually exclusive we can have both.
You just contradicted yourself. There's no neutral (or even mid-range) game, if such a mechanic is present. There's no repercussions for running either - you cancel it with the block (be it (U)MK3 or X) and then you get to apply pressure from half-screen away for free. MK characters (especially in the NRS era) are often criticized for being very homogenized gameplay-wise, and running is one of the reasons. Balance in a fighting game is not about the amount of options that characters have, it's about strenghts and weaknesses they have. Running eliminated most of the latter, turning the game into, as they say these days, mindless unga-bunga slog.

Also, what's with the "When did you start playing MK" argument ? Some of us are older, than you and we don't want running either. Works both ways.

saretta1988

EASY LADY
Have u seen how female faces are UGLY in this game? It's a shame the team cant keep upmto 2023 games on the market. Char models are really funny and obscene

I don't think Tanya's face looks deformed. I think her design lacks, especially compared to her original design.

Modern MK seems to be inspired by recent popular series/movies and likes to turn their characters into whatever inspired them. Tanya inspired by Wakanda forever? Idk, but it looks like a trend within recent NRS games and im definitely not a fan of it.

The problem for me, and maybe other MK fans as well, is that the characters and lore were previously inspired by martial arts, Sci-fi and horror movies. Modern lore and character designs seem to be inspired by different themes nowadays. I understand that NRS follows modern media and use that as inspired material, but the gap is too big with what it was initially inspired by.

This somehow devided the community and we see that return in the feedback towards new MK games. As a hardcore fan of the older games (MK1 - MK9) this is really frustrating and saddening..

A series you love so much and grew up with seems to take a direction far from it's origin that doesn't click. I wish i could say otherwise.

Last edited:

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
My only complaint, at the moment, is that there is already a DLC pack with three guests announced and I don't like any of these three characters expecially Homelander who is really a disgusting character for me.

I'm trying to think about how guests don't ruin the game and my experience with it but in the end, guest in all NRS games make me lose interest and I always end not playing expecially online where I can't "avoid" fighting against these idiots.

So, I don't know if I will ever play MK1, expecially on D1 or in super sale just to enjoy the story and nothing else.
I know that guests are the money and this will never end but I can't stand it.

Last edited:

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
View attachment 20130
View attachment 20131
Now yall tell me if Tanya looks funny amd deformed compared to any other figjting game character on the market.
She looks different in this game but still looks good, I think ppl took that first screen grab of her in motion (I was shocked too) and ran with it. But seeing her talk to mileena at the table w/ rain she looks way better. I will say though that all the female characters look a bit older than previous renditions.

Temptress

Edenian Empress
View attachment 20130
View attachment 20131
Now yall tell me if Tanya looks funny amd deformed compared to any other figjting game character on the market.
The character in the first image just isn’t attractive nor does she resemble a real woman in any way. Anna from Tekken also has one of the most generic faces I’ve ever seen, indistinguishable from virtually any Japanese video game white woman in existence.

Thinking they’re more attractive is one thing, but believing that Kitana or Tanya (both real women/models, BTW) are UGLY is peak terminally online, anime waifu body pillow loving incel behaviour. Please go outside and interact with the opposite sex.

EDIT: Typo.

Last edited:

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
The character in the first image just isn’t attractive nor does she resemble a real woman in any way. Anna from Tekken also has one of the most generic faces I’ve ever seen, indistinguishable from virtually any Japanese video game white woman in existence.

Thinking they more attractive is one thing, but believing that Kitana or Tanya (both real women/models, BTW) are UGLY is peak terminally online, anime waifu body pillow loving incel behaviour. Please go outside and interact with the opposite sex.
Or the same one :DOGE

saretta1988

EASY LADY

Thinking they more attractive is one thing, but believing that Kitana or Tanya (both real women/models, BTW) are UGLY is peak terminally online, anime waifu body pillow loving incel behaviour. Please go outside and interact with the opposite sex.
if your goal was to tease me how u take for granted I'm a straight person, get up-to-date darling, it's 2023. your comment doesnt make any sense. I'll report your account for homophobic comments

Last edited: