What's new

Complaint thread

All complaints here

- Run button is key, bring it back

- The game looks even slower then MK11 at times

Last edited:

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
  • Run button is an unnecessary gimmick. Just make dash and normal movement better and it is unnecessary as anything but a character specific setup move like in SF.
  • Slower? Not really. Meterless combos being possible and the "freed up" dev approach already makes it look way more exciting and less sluggish imo. MK11 was way too much like Injustice for my personal taste. Scorpion and Kitana needing meter to function is just stupid. Especially when Ice Ball still froze for free hit making their no decent meterless combos approach null and void.
  • My only current complaint? I need more indepth Scorpion and Kitana gameplay! Others too of course but they are my mains so... Also Johnny Cage as a Kameo Assist MUST have the Nut Punch, lol.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
For those who've been playing earlier MK games not much will be a surprise in the mechanics department.

For a lot of those online players who started with MK11, this game might raise some frustration and may end up with a reality check, and a track of salt with all the MK11 features gone.

Game isnt out yet and streams post videos complaining Sub got nerfed! How fun is that!
This game might be very fun and may deliver some extra entertainment. I dont know about you folks, but I like whats comin!

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
You have to wait another four years to hear anything about run button, it is definetely not coming back to Mortal Kombat 1. UMK3 and MKXL are the keys until then.

subzert

Frozen Soul
Bring back kustom kombat with effects and modifiers to make it klassic 1v1.

No mandatory online connectivity for single player contents like living towers and Konquest/Krypt

No more rotating premium shop.

Most importantly no battle pass system!

Raider

Noob
I hate forced kameos, it looks like it's another of their flop gimmicks that will be forgotten when next game is released.
I hate how vibrant and colorful the game looks, at least from what was showed.
We need villains! We need more villains!
Apparently customizable outros that we could equip in MK11 are gone.
While variations had it's downsides, they were a nice addition for players to have progression and different playstyles. I really hope that characters will have flashed out movesets and that variations will not become something we will miss.
The game kinda looks like an expansion to MK11 rather than it's sequel (technically reboot).

I am always complaining that sometimes when I am doing the dishes, my tshirt catches on the cupboard door knob underneath and when I try to walk off, the door hits me.

It really pisses me off.
This actually happens to me. And pisses me off too. Sometimes it's a jean's pocket and not my shirt.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I am always complaining that sometimes when I am doing the dishes, my tshirt catches on the cupboard door knob underneath and when I try to walk off, the door hits me.

It really pisses me off.
This actually happens to me. And pisses me off too. Sometimes it's a jean's pocket and not my shirt.
You know what to do, right?
Do the dishes shirtless :cool::oops:

OT: I actually like the vibrant colors, is a nice change of tone from the other games. Also, we haven't see other stages, they could be very well gruesome and villainous

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
Oh I still don’t like how Sindel was fucked over in MK11 with that atrocious retcon. Her being evil all along was such a dumb take, can’t believe shit got passed through and the rest were like “okay let’s do it”. Literally fucking over a legacy character like that for shits and giggles, the worst thing was. SHE WASNT EVEN A GOOD VILLAIN, she was so easily beaten in the story that it was laughable.

Also, I hate how I always bump things over with my butt at work, even when im in patients rooms.

Do the dishes shirtless
I've done this. Not in winter though.

Oh I still don’t like how Sindel was fucked over in MK11 with that atrocious retcon. Her being evil all along was such a dumb take, can’t believe shit got passed through and the rest were like “okay let’s do it”. Literally fucking over a legacy character like that for shits and giggles, the worst thing was. SHE WASNT EVEN A GOOD VILLAIN, she was so easily beaten in the story that it was laughable.
It's simply a different take on the character, nothing to get worked up over. The modern trilogy is a different take on the continuity, after all, and there were more changes that could not be explained by Dark Raiden sending his memories to his past self, yet they are what they are.

For example Mileena was created during the Outworld tournament and thus appears much later on than she should have. She's also a completely different person from the Midway Mileena.

And now with Mortal Kombat 1, everything gets changed again.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Krushing Blows appear to be gone. One of the best ideas they implemented in MK11, though they suffered from design / balance issues. Them being scrapped instead of iterated on is a big lost opportunity imo. KBs could have easily become a staple of the series going forward as they're so perfectly Mortal Kombat.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?

Also, I hate how I always bump things over with my butt at work, even when im in patients rooms.
We retconning the entire lore this time. Buckle up.

Last edited:

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I enjoy the run mechanic, not sure it's a gimmick and even if it was so what? It was fun! Not fussed about it not returning. Fatal Blows can do one though.

Last edited:

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
My complaint is gonna be I can't wait for all the YouTubers and influencers to get into the stress test while I'm on the sidelines as they get to play the game once again. 'Random' maybe the 5 spots you have left after you make sure all your influencers get in are random.

Plop

Noob

I'm fully aware that I'm on my own here, but... I was happy they made her evil, I much preferred it.

Please don't hurt me:(