What's new

Match-up Discussion Community Sonya MU Chart

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Death

I'm going to say this. Kenshi vs Sonya 3-7 or 4-6. I think it all depends on how well the Kenshi knows the matchup and the skill level of that player. Either way, it's bad for Sonya. After that last time we played Death and I was telling you it was 4-6 and you kept telling me it was 3-7, I could see how it would be 3-7. Your only safe EN move, EN cartwheel, I can blow that up with EN tele-flurry. I'm always going to have meter against Sonya because she has to go through the gauntlet of getting in. If she does not get that first hit bonus in the first round, that could spell bad news for Sonya because that just means I've already have a breaker. And even then, I could just use that meter to get my +7 advantage on block with EN spirit charge from a distance which will build a bit of that meter right back. Try doing any attack after that and you're just gonna get hit which means you have to block whatever follow up I have after that which will just build even more meter for me and chip away at your life in the process.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Death..if your putting scores between each players name, then mention that I said Sonya v kit is 5-5 and Sonya v mil is 6-4 Sonya.

But our list is basically the same thing lol
If your sonya vs Kit being 5-5 is based of Online play man, play it offline and talk to me about 5-5.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Death

Death Sonya MU Chart
Baraka: 6-4
Cage: 5-5
CSZ: 6-4
Cyrax: 6-4
Ermac: 6-4 I feel like this could be 5-5. Ermac can keep her out pretty well and with a well timed push, can get her off him.
Freddy: 4-6
Jade: 6-4
Jax: 6-4
Kabal: 3-7
Kano: 7-3
Kenshi: 3-7
Kitana: 6-4 Why is this one in Sonya's favor? Why not 5-5?
Kung Lao: 6-4
Liu Kang: 6-4 Why? Not enough MU exp
Mileena: 7-3 Why? Not enough MU exp
Nightwolf: 7-3 Why so bad? I know d4 is a bitch in this MU, and she can bait axe and punish, but I don't think that makes it a 7-3.
Noob: 5-5
Quan Chi: 6-4
Raiden: 6-4
Rain: 6-4 Why? I play a Rain quite often and feel its pretty even
Reptile: 6-4
Scorpion: 7-3
Sektor: 6-4Why? I don't know the MU too well, but I don't see why Sektor loses.
Shang: 6-4
Sheeva: 7-3
Sindel: 5-5
Skarlet: 5-5
Smoke: 6-4
Stryker: 6-4
Sub-Zero: 5-5
Total: 172

I have been playing Sonya for just under a month now. I have everything about her down pat except some of the MU's because of my reletivly short amount of time with her so far. These are legitament questions, not really disagreing with you on any of these.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
If your sonya vs Kit being 5-5 is based of Online play man, play it offline and talk to me about 5-5.
What can she do offline that makes it 6-4? I don't think there is anything you can do offline that you cant do online on a pretty consistant bases. Why is this one bad? I havnt had quite enough MU exp against her to be sure. And my opinion on this MU may be a little biased as Kitana rapes my ass regardless of who I am using lol.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Death

Sektor: 6-4Why? I don't know the MU too well, but I don't see why Sektor loses.

man i been playing sindel for over a year and top sektors give me a problem.. i have a weak ass one week old sonya and if i use her in a fight vs sektor my chances of winning go way up. i would say, confidently sonya owns him.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
I'm qualified to talk about 2 MUs only.

Beats Sektor 6-4 - He can compete, he has flame burner to help with the threat of divekick but she can basically D4 MS him to death. He can't IA Tele her rings which is fucking retarded.

Kills Reptile 6-4 - I know the MU but I'm literally at ends trying to work out how to win this. Only hope is to zone but she can compete at full screen too. Up close it's horrific. Some of the slowest normals in the game and dash gets punished brutally if timed badly. She gets free jump ins all day. I'd say arguably closer to 7-3 but we're not doing .5s. In my opinion, Reptile's only true bad MU.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Why would she be?
She's already safe as it is offline, but online she can get away with BS like d1~cartwheel, somewhat safe divekicks, etc
Shes harder to fight offline if you ask me man, what do you think the Kit vs Cage match up is? outta curiousity. then I'll explain why I think Sonya has advantage in this match up.
Really? I would think she would be a bit easier to handle offline. And I think the cage v kit MU is 5-5 also lol, but I do think Sonya is harder to deal with than cage. I created a thread for kitana's bad MUs and tips on how to overcome them, leave your thoughts about Sonya there if you want.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/tips-for-kitanas-bad-matchups.17995/

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
She's already safe as it is offline, but online she can get away with BS like d1~cartwheel, somewhat safe divekicks, etc
Dive kicks arent safe online? At least if your fighting someone smart. The only time Sonya should every try something like d1 cartwheel is after a blocked MS f1 and if your oponent know the Sonya MU then he will be ready to counter poke. Online or offline. Though then she can mix that up into d1 MS b2. Oh her mind games. <3