What's new

Community Concerns Regarding NEC '13

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
ITT: People complaining about not DQ'ing people and being too lenient. Other people complaining about DQ'ing people and that they should be more lenient.

The MK community doesn't know what it wants.
I got dqed for not being in the room AT NEC. I asked phil and he said they called me. My response "oh ok no problem" is my fault I wasn't in the room and I respect me being dqed

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
The good news is, I believe that at this point, cooler heads have prevailed and many of the parties involved have talked.

There have obviously been some things that have happened and said since Monday that are not good. I'm going to leave those alone because I have focused on the positive from all this: NEC gives me a chance to improve. That's simply the way I look at it.

The ONLY real tragedy here is the way Dark Rob was attacked. Sometimes people need to see the bigger picture and realize that Rob was not acting by himself. The work he did is the work that was delegated by the TO's. Instead of immediately targeting him and calling him names, accusing him of being a liar, a cheat, and ANYTHING less than someone of the highest integrity was wrong.

If anything, that falls squarely on my shoulders, as I said so in my "Silver Lining" thread.

I am truly saddened that Rob will never again grace this forum, a tournament, or this community. He was truly one of the best there is. He made a mistake in speaking so harshly, but rest assured, that came from an overworked, sleep deprived person who HONESTLY believed that we did the best job we could do given the circumstances, the obstacles we had overcome, and the task we had to accomplish. He walked into, not just criticism, but an all out assault on his character, which should never have been in question.

Many people have the ability to contact me directly and this wasn't done. I wish it had been because it was definitely a more direct route to answers, and ultimately resolution.

We have 2 casualties here in Dark Rob and Swift Tom Hanks.

Remember this when being honest about how you feel, especially when someone's tireless work is the target of your observation:

HONESTY WITHOUT SENSITIVITY IS BRUTALITY.
One question Phil, why was pimplugi allowed to play? I don't honestly care because I went there to have fun and yes play the old 2d games but after reading your thread and hearing others like pig and others talk about him I only ask why do we let someone in that tried to play for free.

If I am at a store and get caught trying to steal I don't get the option to pay for the item after I get caught. If he did try to run a scam I do hope that he's banned from future Kombat network tourneys. We shouldn't have to deal with someone in our community that does that kind of shit. Btw I am not being salty because I lost to him I went there to meet Arez good of war and other people plus just support the community.

Maxter

Noob
So you guys are sayin. I could told Phil and them to add me to a hella. Late pool so I could not have to get off work and take a later flight and actually went???
Smh!
If you came from a far distance to support the game and only choice is to put you on a latest pool, i would gladly appreciate you attended, supported the community and I wouldn't complaint at all. The point i see on this, is that people think it is because of TO's favoritism riu was allowed in, it wasn't favoritism, The TO's on the eastcoast are not only TO's they have been playing MK games since the beginning, They love this community like no other TO's out there and they would have done this for anyone in this community not only riu, they also did an excellent job running the tournament and all the wrong things that happened there wasn't their fault at all. The riu situation in the community could happen to anyone, imagine you are flying and spending your money to attend and plane is delayed, would it be fair you attended and the TO's don't give you a chance to participate/compete? i know this is different from the riu situation, but we as a community could show some more love and friendship towards our members and appreciate they come to support the game so it has more entrant and better representation. East coast TO's won't give you an easy bracket because of who you are, they will just seed you accordingly. Riu can't travel to tournaments because he can't get any more time off from work, he runs a shop and is the only employee responsible to do this on saturday, he was coming to this tournament taking the chance of being DQd if his pool was up. He did it all to support his community which he loves, his plans first were to attend to play casuals and i convinced him i would talk to the TO's weeks before the tournament to see if it was possible to assigned him to one of the latest pools, now if you don't want him to participate because he might be assigned to a latest pool then i will never request this from any TO again. actually i never request anything from TO's concerning to pools or complaint about my pools, i'm the kind of person who never see who is on his pool i enjoy the surprises, only thing i'm concerned about is eliminating our own tms on my pool, same GGA, houston, EGP and other team members are concerned about, now seeing me complaining because of any top player is fighting me at the beginning or end of my pool? you will never see that. i could get PL, Tom Brady, Pig, Cat, Big D, M2dave etc. and this is not a concern, but i know pools are not ran like this because this will affect the outcome of the whole tournament, specially sending one of the very top players early to loser brackets will give those less skillful in loser brackets less chances to play or get far.
People would have never noticed Riu wasn't supposed to be in the tournament or believes the rules were broken if Dark Rob hadn't forgot to add him in the pools, i don't blame rob for this because i know how strict, dedicated and supportive for this community he is, he possible forgot since he knows riu so well and not seeing his face all day cause this, you would have never known if that was the pool riu he was supposed to be in the first place, riu could have shown at night and said he was sleeping in his room all day, who the fuck are we to criticized how this tournament was Ran, i've been to many tournaments and this one of the best i've been at, even Big E and team spooky gave the game a lot of exposure on the stream, Besides the setups situation there was nothing else to complaint about, this was a new venue, with a bar close to the gaming rooms, cheap drinks, cheap food, i don't understand how ungrateful we could be sometimes. This is grass Root, we are a community, We are the Mk/9 community, we support each other and have even helped others to attend tournaments,we are all friends besides being rivals or maybe we are not friends and we don't give a shit about each other as i am seeing on these latest threads.
For those who didn't attend this tournament don't jump to conclusions because of a handful of players not liking it This is one of the best outcomes mk9 has ever had and we reached over 110 in attendance.
Dark Rob forget about all these senseless people and don't you dare quitting on us, you did a hell of a great job and 99% percent of the people who attended support you and agree you did the best job to keep that tournament running besides all the adversities.
Remember more people love you than hating you, stay for the ones who love you, we are the 99% do it for us quitting on us will make you look weak towards the haters and will mean you don't love us back, which i know is not true.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
If you came form a far distance to support the game and only choice is to put you on a latest pool, i would gladly appreciate you attended, supported the community and I wouldn't complaint at all. The point i see on this, is that people think it is because of TO's favoritism riu was allowed in, it wasn't favoritism, The TO's on the eastcoast are not only TO's they have been playing MK games since the beginning, They love this community like no other TO's out there and they would have done this for anyone in this community not only riu, they also did an excellent job running the tournament and all the wrong things that happened there wasn't their fault at all. The riu situation in the community could happen to anyone, imagine you are flying and spending your money to attend and plane is delayed, would it be fair you attended and the TO's don't give you a chance to participate/compete? i know this is different from the riu situation, but we as a community could show some more love and friendship towards our members and appreciate they come to support the game so it has more entrant and better representation. East coast TO's won't give you an easy bracket because of who you are, they will just seed you accordingly. Riu can't travel to tournaments because he can't get any more time off from work, he runs a shop and is the only employee responsible to do this on saturday, he was coming to this tournament taking the chance of being DQd if his pool was up. He did it all to support his community which he loves, his plans first were to attend to play casuals and i convinced him i would talk to the TO's weeks before the tournament to see if it was possible to assigned him to one of the latest pools, now if you don't want him to participate because he might be assigned to a latest pool then i will never request this from any TO again. actually i never request anything from TO's concerning to pools or complaint about my pools, i'm the kind of person who never see who is on his pool i enjoy the surprises, only thing i'm concerned about is eliminating our own tms on my pool, same GGA, houston, EGP and other team members are concerned about, now seeing me complaining because of any top player is fighting me at the beginning or end of my pool? you will never see that. i could get PL, Tom Brady, Pig, Cat, Big D, M2dave etc. and this is not a concern, but i know pools are not ran like this because this will affect the outcome of the whole tournament, specially sending one of the very top players early to loser brackets will give those less skillful in loser brackets less chances to play or get far.
People would have never noticed Riu wasn't supposed to be in the tournament or believes the rules were broken if Dark Rob hadn't forgot to add him in the pools, i don't blame rob for this because i know how strict, dedicated and supportive for this community he is, he possible forgot since he knows riu so well and not seeing his face all day cause this, you would have never known if that was the pool riu he was supposed to be in the first place, riu could have shown at night and said he was sleeping in his room all day, who the fuck are we to criticized how this tournament was Ran, i've been to many tournaments and this one of the best i've been at, even Big E and team spooky gave the game a lot of exposure on the stream, Besides the setups situation there was nothing else to complaint about, this was a new venue, with a bar close to the gaming rooms, cheap drinks, cheap food, i don't understand how ungrateful we could be sometimes. This is grass Root, we are a community, We are the Mk/9 community, we support each other and have even helped others to attend tournaments,we are all friends besides being rivals or maybe we are not friends and we don't give a shit about each other as i am seeing on these latest threads.
For those who didn't attend this tournament don't jump to conclusions because of a handful of players not liking it This is one of the best outcomes mk9 has ever had and we reached over 110 in attendance.
Dark Rob forget about all these senseless people and don't you dare quitting on us, you did a hell of a great job and 99% percent of the people who attended support you and agree you did the best job to keep that tournament running besides all the adversities.
Remember more people love you than hating you, stay for the ones who love you, we are the 99% do it for us quitting on us will make you look weak towards the haters and will mean you don't love us back, which i know is not true.

Noob
One question Phil, why was pimplugi allowed to play? I don't honestly care because I went there to have fun and yes play the old 2d games but after reading your thread and hearing others like pig and others talk about him I only ask why do we let someone in that tried to play for free.

If I am at a store and get caught trying to steal I don't get the option to pay for the item after I get caught. If he did try to run a scam I do hope that he's banned from future Kombat network tourneys. We shouldn't have to deal with someone in our community that does that kind of shit. Btw I am not being salty because I lost to him I went there to meet Arez good of war and other people plus just support the community.

Pimpuigi pulled a fast one. I wish I had a better explanation for it than that. He caught us at a vulnerable time...when we were SUPER busy, trying to get things done. This is not the first time he's done this either. NEC is not a KN event it's a BigE Gaming event, and if he registers properly, BigE will allow him to play, but if he comes late and tries to pull this crap ever again, he will be denied.

At normal KN events, VSM and Yestercades, he better not bother.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pimpuigi pulled a fast one. I wish I had a better explanation for it than that. He caught us at a vulnerable time...when we were SUPER busy, trying to get things done. This is not the first time he's done this either. NEC is not a KN event it's a BigE Gaming event, and if he registers properly, BigE will allow him to play, but if he comes late and tries to pull this crap ever again, he will be denied.

TAR AND FEATHER

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)

Sounds like Stone Cold ET needs a couple of cheeseburgers, so that he can whip some ASS.

If the guy shows up to any tournament I'm running brackets at all I'm gonna say is god help him

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
If the guy shows up to any tournament I'm running brackets at all I'm gonna say is god help him
Seriously, he should be banned from any future tournaments.

Is he really so poor that he can't spare 20-30 dollars to go to a tournament.