What's new

General/Other - Commando Commando Variation Discussion Thread

kantboy-2

Ripper
Everybody hopping on the CT bandwagon and forgetting about Commando...

Good. :joker:

Seriously, any Commando players that record fights with CT players, please post the videos. ;)

thlityoursloat

kick kick
He's okay-ish tier. Definitely overshadowed by CT.
They should've kept the ticks on hit mechanic just for him, considering his low damage but whatever. His oki is significantly better and so are his ways of converting.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
:( that really blows
It's doable if you get multiple versions of the game but I'm not that dedicated. But the rundown of the MU is this:

You have the same tools but ct has better reach, damage and 50/50s so you have to rely on good reads on parry and command grab shenanigans. It's not a 7-3 but there's nothing commando has that outdoes what cutthroat gains, except maybe a better WU game which is sort of void since they share the basics. Oh and commando has better AAs which is also pointless since Kanos jump is terrible anyways.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
So apparently @MsMiharo from all your post, CT is the only Kano to use Tourney wise? I'm trying to get others to see how great the other variations are. Commando is my fave anyway over the others.

ando1184

Noob
So apparently @MsMiharo from all your post, CT is the only Kano to use Tourney wise? I'm trying to get others to see how great the other variations are. Commando is my fave anyway over the others.
I personally don't think that's really what he meant. Cyber and Commando both have their respective uses and in tourney I believe it is all dependent on the matchup. Each version of Kano supports what another one might lack in a specific matchup and that's what I love about this character. I said it somewhere in an earlier post and thread that Kano is the poster child of mkx. I say this because his variations each cover a specific type of matchup.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I've made a bunch of threads with commando tech and a thread on which mus I feel you're benefitting from not using CT so I'm not sure what you're getting at lol

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
How do you open people up with this character? I was thinking B31 staggered or finished combined with instant overhead air balls or command grabs would be the way to go in the corner. What are his tick throws? Does he only have a low poke into command grab? Mid-screen I don't know what to do with him.

edit: B31 not B12

Last edited: