What's new

Combo Breaker 2024 Live Discussion and Reactions Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Upsets r’ Us.. Top 24 is going to be very interesting.

Also shoutout to Xinok for being extremely solid for multiple years in multiple games. He’s a threat to some favorites every time he shows up, and he proved that again today.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Upsets r’ Us.. Top 24 is going to be very interesting.

Also shoutout to Xinok for being extremely solid for multiple years in multiple games. He’s a threat to some favorites every time he shows up, and he proved that again today.
What upsets has there been? Got any bracket links?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Looks like Baconlord bringing the Kenshi/Cyrax on stream rn! twitch.tv/netherrealm

As for PL and F0xy, F0xy was in the chat earlier and commentary had also mentioned they heard he wasn't going. PL, though, I have no idea
Dang, wasn’t able to catch it, saw that he lost 0-3 though unfortunately. Were the matched close at least?

BlazingShrapnel

World's Worst Nitara
Dang, wasn’t able to catch it, saw that he lost 0-3 though unfortunately. Were the matched close at least?
I think at least one of them was, but the other guy's Kung Lao was doing work. Had some moments where a Kenshi/Sento comeback was cooking but just didn't quite get there.

rifraf

Noob
VGY vs Rewind easily the highlight of the tournament as of yet. VGY played amazingly well with flowchart Baraka and managed to beat Rewind in his own game, rush down. Both super good players.

#deleteBaraka

BlazingShrapnel

World's Worst Nitara
Bandinoz being up 2-0 on Scorpionprocs is insane. Top 48 is delivering so far.

EDIT: make that a clean 3-0. Wild.

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well, Top 24 is absolutely stacked. If you look at the Losers bracket alone, that could be like the Top 8 of a normal major (Rewind, Dyloch, Scorpionprocs, Grr..)

Why did dyloch let sonic basically bully him into conceding that round and essentially the match when it was not his fault,someone from the crowd didnt desync the controller.

They should have resumed the match or restarted it altogether.

Sonic pressuring dyloch to give him the round was bullshit,he shouldnt have allowed him to do that.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I'm stunned with Bandinoz' performance with my boi Rain. Totally fun to watch his very satisfying and devastating combos. Can't wait for more and I root for him in this tournament for sure!!

Guess I need to rediscover Rain with Janet now ;)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That person that messed with King Gambler just before the final match was whack. They shouldn’t allow people to come up to the players while the set is still active regardless if they know them or not.

And what a set between Sonic and MightyUnjust!!

BlazingShrapnel

World's Worst Nitara
The players that needed a top 8 finish the most (Waz, Rewind, KingGambler) to get into Final Kombat all fell short. At least thought one of those guys would pull it off :(

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
That person that messed with King Gambler just before the final match was whack. They shouldn’t allow people to come up to the players while the set is still active regardless if they know them or not.

And what a set between Sonic and MightyUnjust!!
Yea i saw that too and was thinking "wtf is he doing??" He was clearly a distraction.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yea i saw that too and was thinking "wtf is he doing??" He was clearly a distraction.
Yeah, apparently it was Knippz, I didn’t even recognize him at the time. And from what I read on Twitter, he seems to have been banned for doing that.

rifraf

Noob
At least if a Peacekeeper player wins the tournament it could lead to another much needed nerf/tone down.
I fail to see how Peacemaker is even remotely OP when he's just zoning. The fact everyone is using BS Kameos like Goro, Kano, Kung Lao, Khameleon, Stryker to make everything under the sun safe is fine. But ok, let's nerf the only strong zoner in the game and keep flowchart Baraka in the game.

#deleteBaraka

I fail to see how Peacemaker is even remotely OP when he's just zoning. The fact everyone is using BS Kameos like Goro, Kano, Kung Lao, Khameleon, Stryker to make everything under the sun safe is fine. But ok, let's nerf the only zoner in the game and keep flowchart Baraka in the game.

#deleteBaraka
I swear if crazy people like you spouting nonsense get Baraka nerfed AGAIN, while Peacekeeper stays the same, lmao! You 100% have beef with ambush kameo's (that are godlike when paired with Peacekeeper just sayin) but weirdly blame it all on Baraka.

But I do agree that Baraka got the mk11 treatment and his gameplay is way too simplistic, he desperately needs the Rain treatment. I hope your whining gets that for me.

#buffBaraka