What's new

Combo Breaker 2019 : Game + Stream Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
scrubs will be scrubs.

"A pro finds what a character can do and then exploits it. A scrub looks at what a character can't do and then complains about it"
Man this quote is so relevant and applicable to certain people on this site it hurts.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Hayatei deserves a high tier character but I wonder if there isn't a better fit for him then Erron Black.

Man, there have been some great matches so far this weekend! There was a Jade-Cetrion match, however, that was the most boring match in the history of e-sports: I don't remember who was playing, but I'm pretty sure every round timed out. Truly awful to watch.

One thing that does drive me nuts though, is the sheer number of Geras and Sonyas that are being played. NRS needs to address the fact that both of them have some ridiculous tools. Sonya has a ton of options up close and good damage, but also has fantastic zoning--that makes no sense. How about more recovery on her rings? Geras also has some great zoning with the sand trap, in addition to great damage and usable Krushing Blows. It really doesn't seem like it would be too hard to get them to the level of the rest of the cast. You don't need to watch 8+ hours of matches like I have to notice that there's a reason why there are a TON of players using Geras and Sonya, and Jacqui and Erron to a certain extent too.

Looking forward to top 8 tonight!

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
:eek: The clutch, the reads, the neutral, the damn knowledge, this game is so enjoyable to watch and play, how come scrubs calling this game boring? This takes me back to the MK9 days
exactly, this game is way more exciting to watch and cheer than MKX and Injustice 2, indeed ! the high technical level shown by the tops are very amusing fun and hype ! :D

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Man, there have been some great matches so far this weekend! There was a Jade-Cetrion match, however, that was the most boring match in the history of e-sports: I don't remember who was playing, but I'm pretty sure every round timed out. Truly awful to watch.

One thing that does drive me nuts though, is the sheer number of Geras and Sonyas that are being played. NRS needs to address the fact that both of them have some ridiculous tools. Sonya has a ton of options up close and good damage, but also has fantastic zoning--that makes no sense. How about more recovery on her rings? Geras also has some great zoning with the sand trap, in addition to great damage and usable Krushing Blows. It really doesn't seem like it would be too hard to get them to the level of the rest of the cast. You don't need to watch 8+ hours of matches like I have to notice that there's a reason why there are a TON of players using Geras and Sonya, and Jacqui and Erron to a certain extent too.

Looking forward to top 8 tonight!
Wtf? that match was hype smh.

:eek: The clutch, the reads, the neutral, the damn knowledge, this game is so enjoyable to watch and play, how come scrubs calling this game boring? This takes me back to the MK9 days
Yeah, I am LOVING this game in a way that I never did for MKX.

Hoping NRS work on the balance a little better than MK9 though, because I don't want to end up watching a game in which the only viable characters are the two broken ones and the one that is just ridiculous good (Cyrax, Kabal, and Kung Lao from MK9).

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
the commentators lack of raiden knowledge was cringy though. that was a pocket thunder wave by kombat only using half of his potential.
exactly, he did not used Raiden at his full potential .... Raiden is way scarier , by chance ! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.