What's new

CoD:Modern Warfare 3 (MW3)

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I guess drag/quick scoping are the same thing then? You have a tiny window of time where the reticle slows down and you fire a straight shot before your view goes into the scope. The window is small though, you almost have to hit the trigger within less than a second of beginning to aim. I couldn't do that consistently but I've been killed by plenty of people that could. Whenever I get quick scoped it hurts me in real life..*sigh*
They're similar, definitely. I do both with the sniper, thus why I didn't enjoy Black Ops as much as MW2. You can even quick drag scope, which is a combo of the two. And getting a kill like that is really satisfying, at least to me. There's a lot of debate on what exactly a "quick scope" is actually, it's kind of annoying. A lot of people say a quick scope is not scoping in at all, just pressing the left trigger briefly then shooting. So you don't actually look into the scope. But I disagree with that. I say a quick scope is just that, scoping in quickly and getting a kill. Regardless, I do whatever best gets me that kill. So if a hard scope is necessary, best believe that I will do it.

I also hear a lot of complaints about "drop shots". Which is immediately going prone while in a gun fight, usually close to medium range. All I gotta say on that is... play to win mutha fuckas!

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
After reading the replies in this topic I guess I'm the only one who prefers using assault rifles. :D

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
From people who got the game early, I hear them commenting on how similar the gameplay is to MW2. Some even suggest that it's almost like a MW2 expansion pack. Then they go on to display disgust about it, for the same reasons. I do not understand why. MW2 is a fantastic game. Sure, it's not perfect, and it's far from balanced in public matches. However the gameplay has always been solid excluding the obvious One Man Army, Noobtubes, Commando and Last Stand bull shit. There were also some annoying aspects like extremely reduced recoil from CoD4 and other things to attempt to make the game more user/noob friendly. As said though, I've had way more fun with MW2 than Black Ops. I'm not saying it's a better competitive shooter, it's just more fun for me. Not to mention the game looks fantastic graphically, even on a tube tv. The only thing I ever really complained about in MW2 is gone in MW3, so I don't see the distaste for MW3. I realize people were looking for something "new" and "exciting", but what I hate most about sequels is how much they change the core gameplay. I hated MW2 at first simply based on them changing it so much from CoD4. CoD4 was a perfect game competitively and instead of building on that they nearly revamped the entire gameplay, basically dumbing it down. I'm glad they decided to stick with the core gameplay from the previous MW game this time.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Omg, they're remaking that mission! HSFAJKLDSHJKFDHSJKGHSJKGHSDJKGHSDJKLGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Definitely the hardest mission, but soo much fun. Cannot wait for this game! Just wish my controller wasn't in such poor shape :(

Creepy00

Noob
This is random, but maybe we could sign up for ellite and create our clan called Tym members :D
All of us or 8 could be in it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
MW3 tonight! Got my pre-order all paid off. I went there when it opened at 10:00 am and there was around 5 people there doing the same thing. Procrastinators unite!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
If someone were to ask mw2 or blops I'd go with mw2 despite the bullshit with the HALO class that people do. Imo blops second chance is wayyyy worse than last stand in mw2. I'm going to pay off mine around midnight because I'll be elsewhere for the rest of the day. And the clan thing sounds like a good idea..before I start playing with my brother I'll use the TYM clan tag, but I usually stick to the turtle clan [,=,e] <----turtle! Looks like this is the end of this discussion, I'll see you boys on the battlefield...no pun intended.

Big Frog

Noob
Here we go again. Always happens, I want to go tonight at midnight, but hate standing in a got damn line. What to do, what to do...