What's new

CoD:Modern Warfare 3 (MW3)

AK Toxic

Graphic Designer
Also, whenever you play Search and you hear what they say for 3sec before/as they die.. is probably the best addition to a game in the history of the human race. I can't help but die every time I hear some 12 year old say "WHAT A FUCKING [ban incoming]!"

It just makes my life. :moonwalk:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Also, whenever you play Search and you hear what they say for 3sec before/as they die.. is probably the best addition to a game in the history of the human race. I can't help but die every time I hear some 12 year old say "WHAT A FUCKING [ban incoming]!"

It just makes my life. :moonwalk:
It's not just S&D, it's every game type iirc. I think they had this in Halo 2 or something once before, I remember this from another game can't remember which game though. But yeah, funny stuff.

It's funny when people talk about the health regeneration. I mean, you act like you have a lot of health to even regenerate. It's also funny you say it works for Halo since in Halo it's even worse for the very same reason. You can put 4 Battle Rifle shots, 3 bursts counting as one shot, on an enemy in Halo and they can still survive, run, hide and regenerate their health completely. That's 12 bullets they're surviving. Oh, but it's okay because of the theme of the game? It's based on futuristic technology so that makes it justified? So you're not really complaining that you can regenerate health in CoD for gameplay reasons, but just because it's not "realistic"?

Why is it that in almost every CoD topic in forums, or almost every CoD video on youtube, there are people who feel the need to comment on how they think Battlefield is a superior game? What is this compulsion, I wonder? Is it jealousy that CoD gets more attention than BF? I just don't get why you would infiltrate a topic based on a game you do not like, only to state that you don't like that game, and that you prefer another game that's similar to it. Why do you think anyone cares? I'll tell you right now, no one gives a shit. Most of the said people think for some reason that their opinion is a fact, again for whatever reason unknown to me. There's nothing wrong with preferring to play BF oppose to CoD, that's just your preference. But intentionally going out of your way to hate on another game just because you personally happen to not like it is both asinine and just plain childish.

It seems I've not made myself clear in this thread, so I'll do so now. If all you're going to do is come in this thread and say how you hate CoD, the post will be deleted and you'll receive an infraction. If you suggest that BF3 is this, or that, the same will happen. This thread is about CoD MW3, is that so hard to understand? It's fine if you do not like the game or the CoD series, no one is saying you have to like it. What I am saying you have to do is not post it in this thread, because your enticing other people to argue with you. This is not GameFaqs, pointless trolling and arguing is not tolerated here. And in an attempt to prevent this site from ending up as other forums like that, certain measures will be taken when the aforementioned take place. It is absolutely not hard in the very least to follow these guidelines, or the sites guidelines. And it's certainly not hard to have the minuscule amount of self control to not post in a thread about something you don't like. It stops here... that is all.
They're videogames lol, don't take it so personally. I never said I hate COD. I never said it's a bad game. I said it's not as tactical as other games which have a heavier focusing on completing an objective as in real war, and not just getting the most kills.

In response to your other comments, in games like Halo regenerating health makes sense given your armor. Don't think I'm biased towards COD, I think most Halo games are not that great. Combat Evolved was by far the best, in which your health doesn't recharge, just your shield. I was never a big fan of later Halo games not just because of that, but the focus on dual wielding and the fact that weapons did not feel powerful enough.

My issue with health in COD is that it's in a realistic modern day setting, and people taking as many bullets as they do and fully recovering just by hiding for a few seconds tends to draw me out of that experience. Hardcore mode surely fixes this and makes for more robust gameplay. I much prefer that, but most people don't seem to play this way unfortunately.

I wasn't trolling or starting arguments. The only one doing the arguing was you. I respect all opinions and anyone who disagrees with mine I treat civilly and with respect. I didn't come in here saying COD SUCKS. I appreciate the game for what it is, and do actually enjoy it much to your surprise: just not as much as other games lately. My comments are legitimate opinions, not "trolling" just because you don't agree.