What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
[EDIT] I have two steams... lol

Will do. :)
Add me on whichever you use. I sent the req on the one you have listed on here. Add me on both if you want, an old friend can take up 2 slots if he wants to :D

But please do not let NRS make the same mistake twice. We need a top tier Jade.

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
I dont really have any attachment to this character but after spending a bit of time playing with her, I find her to be really lacking. What I mean by this is that she's really bland and there is not a whole lot to her in terms of character depth. She just has a few poke moves and some projectiles, that's it. I guess its by design that they want her to be this midrange spacing character but does that mean it has to be this limiting? She needs more, something to spice her up. She could use a bit more damage or some kind of combo starter midscreen to help her out.

This is one thing i was afraid of about this game. They want this heavy reliance on neutral but they forgot to make some characters interesting. Its kind of disheartening to see a long awaited returning character that ends up just being average.

I know there is talk about how this is an old build and things could change upon release. However, I highly doubt it.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Jade fans are dissapointed
I'm not. Read here:

So, Jade is a lot of fun to play!
However, I wish she got a liiiiiiittle bit more combo potential. I know she's not supposed to be a combo character, but I'd like a liiiiittle bit more. Just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit more. Maybe just one more launcher. I dunno how it would fit in or how they would do it, but that's what I'd like.

Why?
Because I don't play her as a zoner. I know she's got some good tools for zoning, but she also got tools that makes her fun to play as rushdown. Thing is, once you're in, she doesn't have that much she can do. She's very unsafe when you're closer, even at mid-range, which should've been one of her stronger points from what I could gather from the Kombat Kast. Also, her damage output is a bit on the low end. And that's a shame, imo.

That said, I have so much fun with her. I lose a lot, but my skill-level isn't all that high. I like playing footsies though, and because of Jade's range with her staff and her quick Blazing Nitro Kick (btw, I LOVE that they used the MKD names for her moves) and her new Deadly Butterfly move, she's good at punishing whiffs. But because I'm nowhere near being a good player, my opponents hit me instead of whiffing me most of the time... and I tend to do the whiffing. XD

It's a learning process and this is the first time I got my hands on the game, so I'm still just getting to know the game and the characters... well, those who're in the beta, that is. ^^

I've seen a handful of other people calling Jade boring, and I can see why. Zoning isn't everyone's cup of tea, and though that's one of her stronger tools, there are other characters who easily out-zone her and can punish Jade's zoning, like Kabal and Skarlet, if they have the right loadout. I definitely feel like I'm having an easier time playing against Baraka and Scorpion so far. If I start zoning too hard, Scorpion tends to fuck me up though, but I guess that's because of the whole rock-paper-scissors match-ups. He's got tools to punish zoners, so I'm trying not to do that too much against him, but he's dangerous up close, so I need to practice being mid-range more with Jade.

That's my experience so far. I played Skarlet a bit in the tower, but not a whole lot. Been mostly focusing on Jade. I still intend to main as Jade, but because I choose not to focus on zoning so much, I am just making it harder on myself. But that's alright, I'm having fun. ♥

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
her range is over hyped. B1 gets out distanced by all kinds of things, B2 comes out too slow and trades on a weirdly frequent basis. F2 takes so long and gets beat by even late jump ins. Slow mids hurt (along with the over commitment on B3434). Then you have all the gaps.

I hope they give her something more on release. Obviously it is super super early, but she definitely seems lacking compared to the others.

Not on this website though. I don't know american Jade mains that much. I know that on here, at one point everyone dropped her because she was that bad.

I don't want to see that happen again. She's the weakest in the beta right now according to many.
I was on here though under another account in those days, lol.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Not on this website though. I don't know american Jade mains that much. I know that on here, at one point everyone dropped her because she was that bad.

I don't want to see that happen again. She's the weakest in the beta right now according to many.
I can sort of relate to what you're saying. I didn't main Jade in MK9, but she's a top 3 favorite MK character to me and I really really want her to be good in this game!

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
  1. Her ability string (and b343) input requirements. I don't want to be forced to do all three kicks with b343, why can't I just do b34 and hit confirm? On b2124, why do I have to input the entire thing then wait for it to happen? This is incredibly dumb.

Because there is no B34, B21, or B212. You have to look at the move list. It's no different than past games with Kung Lao and Supergirl.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I can sort of relate to what you're saying. I didn't main Jade in MK9, but she's a top 3 favorite MK character to me and I really really want her to be good in this game!
In the current beta she feels underwhelming, unfinished.
If they get little to no feedback, they'll think she's fine and they'll leave her untouched.
I feel like she needs attention so that all her tools will become fun to use and perfectly tournament-capable.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
her range is over hyped. B1 gets out distanced by all kinds of things, B2 comes out too slow and trades on a weirdly frequent basis. F2 takes so long and gets beat by even late jump ins. Slow mids hurt (along with the over commitment on B3434). Then you have all the gaps.

I hope they give her something more on release. Obviously it is super super early, but she definitely seems lacking compared to the others.
Everybody seems lacking after seeing Liu Kang, Kung Lao and Jax imo.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
That's obvious... I'm saying I DON'T LIKE IT.
Alright but it's a balance thing. Maybe they don't want Jade to have a 4 hitting mid string where she can stagger every hit or a staggerable string out of her super good B2 that has crazy range and goes low/overhead.(Maybe? Can't confirm.)

I don't see an issue with it, just think of it as an auto-double/auto-triple but you actually hit the button.