What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I feel like I must've come off much harsher and judgmental than intended, for which I apologize.

I've almost never seen anyone post damage as a percent, and I found it amusing, while not having any real problem with your contribution. I could've communicated that more clearly.
No, it came off as a joke, that's all. I thought it was pretty funny for what that's worth.

Man, maybe I'm just horrendously bad but Jade's damage is just appalling. I don't see how you could compare Skarlet to her and think that this makes sense. And look, before someone comes in, I know they have slightly different tools but I feel like Skarlet can zone/space just as well, if not better, and she still has a 35% punish combo that regenerates life for herself. I just feel like Jade is missing something here.

And @Espio, you're right that she could change for the final build. But we can't sit here and ignore problems and say "well hopefully it will be fixed in live." You talk about them/identify them now, can only work what with what we have. No idea what will be in the final.

Last edited:

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I think MK9 staff slam would be great. Make it slow enough that you couldn't combo from every single string, but have it there for her hardest punishing option.

Should be a decent olive branch to improve her punishing potential without turning her into a combo monkey.

AloneUA

getting over there
I think we can all agree that what Jade needs right now is either a slight damage buff overall or another launcher to do at least little combos mid-screen. Plus some adjustments to her strings (slightly tighter gaps, F2 whiffing at close range, etc.)

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
So scorpion fire rush toward you thing... punishes both b12 and f21 on block or even b1 low projectile or f2 low projectile. Standing one whiffs too often for me to not get poked or uppercutted and B2, B2 low projectile, B2 shadow kick are all also punishable by scorpion.

I feel like her "extra strings" ability needs to just be in her base moveset because without being able to use B343 (cause it's a shitty timing input like kung lao rapid tap bs) and/or lose one of the glaive tosses or low projectile... I just feel like she's an incomplete character.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
you're right that she could change for the final build. But we can't sit here and ignore problems and say "well hopefully it will be fixed in live." You talk about them/identify them now, can only work what with what we have. No idea what will be in the final.
^ THIS

Last edited:

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Jade's damage is not great right now, her frame data isn't amazing and her glow can be fullscreen punished by certain moves such as Kabal's nomad dash.

Let's not allow people who don't even main her to prevent her from being a great character.
Honestly she only needs a slight buff to damage. I just want over 200 midscreen without having to use the ability strings, and a bit less scaling in the corner so her corner combos can count.

Her Glow is fine because you can use it on reaction to a projectile and it becomes active almost immediately. Use it when you have the advantage, this isn't UMK3.

Only things I hate right now:
  1. There is no reason to ever do any other combo midscreen for her 124 KB other than uppercut to get your damage and bait Breakaway
  2. Her ability string (and b343) input requirements. I don't want to be forced to do all three kicks with b343, why can't I just do b34 and hit confirm? On b2124, why do I have to input the entire thing then wait for it to happen? This is incredibly dumb.
  3. Comboing with 21 in the corner after Butterfly... sometimes the second hit whiffs after the first hits.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Honestly she only needs a slight buff to damage. I just want over 200 midscreen without having to use the ability strings, and a bit less scaling in the corner so her corner combos can count.

Her Glow is fine because you can use it on reaction to a projectile and it becomes active almost immediately. Use it when you have the advantage, this isn't UMK3.

Only things I hate right now:
  1. There is no reason to ever do any other combo midscreen for her 124 KB other than uppercut to get your damage and bait Breakaway
  2. Her ability string (and b343) input requirements. I don't want to be forced to do all three kicks with b343, why can't I just do b34 and hit confirm? On b2124, why do I have to input the entire thing then wait for it to happen? This is incredibly dumb.
  3. Comboing with 21 in the corner after Butterfly... sometimes the second hit whiffs after the first hits.
I think a 10-15% buff on certain things but not everything would be nice. To give her proper punishes. I do agree that Baraka needs to do more damage because he has to work on getting in, but zoning isn't all that hot in this game so going on the assumption that "she has the tools" is a bit of a gamble.

As for Glow, I trust nrs to make all her tools fair and balanced. I just feel that it already doesn't build meter and it's already not safe to just throw out, making it unsafe even to nomad dash just doesn't sound like a good idea. Scorpion or Liu Kang (lmfao) teleporting on you is bad enough as is.

As for your points:
1. Yes, her midscreen game does need work.
2. Agreed, I don't want to break my fingers trying to hit strings on a 0f bufferwindow with 2f to get all of them right. We need the ability to dial like before.
3. She has more whiff issues than that. F2 whiffs hard within its own hitbox.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I also hate that her F2 hitbox doesn't hit people trying to jump out of the corner. I get if they are at the peak of their jump, but on the way up? no......

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, I finally got time to play some longer sets online...

She is extremely spacing orientated...but I don't feel like the reward is worth the risk of spacing right now...

I feel like I need 3 good openings to account for one of my opponents combos...and that means in the long term as the game is explored further, it doesn't bode well for her.

F2 is a good tool on paper, but man it's gappy.

Dialing in B2324 string is annoying. I have no idea why they made this a kung lao string. I appreciate them letting me confirm it after the animation has gone out, but it's still annoying as hell to dial in within the midscreen neutral game...like if I don't get the whole thing, I am losing a lot of life.

Her lows...are either stuby, or don't lead to anything and it saddens me. They aren't bad, but even just making F3 a little...meatier? would help.

Fun Character, but I am not giving up air glave, pole vault, or the staff strings anytime soon.

Only thing I'd maybe give up is pole vault...and that's a big maybe for the low projectile.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
I feel like I need 3 good openings to account for one of my opponents combos...and that means in the long term as the game is explored further, it doesn't bode well for her.
I think this is the best way to put it. She just needs to close that gap slightly, maybe 5-8% more damage I'd say.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
  1. Her ability string (and b343) input requirements. I don't want to be forced to do all three kicks with b343, why can't I just do b34 and hit confirm? On b2124, why do I have to input the entire thing then wait for it to happen? This is incredibly dumb.
I really dislike this as well, especially since it is a negative string. You're really locked into a choice with no chance to hit confirm or end the string early. Plus, I just don't like the way it feels.

This is just me being old and bad, but I find the inputs hard to do. The B3434 isn't too hard since you can just roll your thumb twice over the buttons, and the B2 has a pretty long animation to mash out the 124, but I actually have consistency issues with 322. It would be different on a stick where double tapping is no issue, but I find the 22 just doesn't come out often enough. Feels bad, especially since Jade lacks other mid options.

Jade's damage is not great right now, her frame data isn't amazing and her glow can be fullscreen punished by certain moves such as Kabal's nomad dash.

Let's not allow people who don't even main her to prevent her from being a great character.
This. Absolutely this!

Or not. In MK9 she was weak to begin with and her core kit got nerfed further.
At one point I was the only Jade main on this website.
#NeverAgain

- Jade's damage needs a definite 10% increase.
- Glow needs to be not punishable full screen by nomad dash and other similar mobility.
Not much to ask.
Nah, I too was a Jade main since 2011.

jmt

Noob
I’m having a lot of fun playing her and I’ve been winning almost all my matches zoning people big time but also up close putting pressure on too and winning. But I don’t think she is anywhere near the other characters I’ve seen. I’m hoping in the final build she is better.

So scorpion fire rush toward you thing... punishes both b12 and f21 on block or even b1 low projectile or f2 low projectile. Standing one whiffs too often for me to not get poked or uppercutted and B2, B2 low projectile, B2 shadow kick are all also punishable by scorpion.

I feel like her "extra strings" ability needs to just be in her base moveset because without being able to use B343 (cause it's a shitty timing input like kung lao rapid tap bs) and/or lose one of the glaive tosses or low projectile... I just feel like she's an incomplete character.
Does aura cancel his fire breath?

The b2124 string is the one where she swings it like a windmill over her head?
If thats the one im thinking of then the input is the way it is just for physics sake.

I mean, take a 6 ft 10-20 lb pole yourself and swing it like youre trying to take someones head off and see where the momentum takes you lol

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Nah, I too was a Jade main since 2011.
Not on this website though. I don't know american Jade mains that much. I know that on here, at one point everyone dropped her because she was that bad.

I don't want to see that happen again. She's the weakest in the beta right now according to many.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Not on this website though. I don't know american Jade mains that much. I know that on here, at one point everyone dropped her because she was that bad.

I don't want to see that happen again. She's the weakest in the beta right now according to many.
What you didn't see was me using her in casuals crying to @Red Reaper over how bad she was...

Sad days... :(