What's new

Cincinnati Kombat Klassic is March 31 - April 2, 2023. Info in first post.

Event: Cincinnati Kombat Klassic
When: March 31 - April 2, 2023 (tournaments start April 1)
Where: Arcade Legacy - 2241 Crowne Point Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45241 (NEW LOCATION!)

This is the 6th iteration of this event that started in 2016! Started as 13 players for 1 game, now featuring 4 games and 5 tournaments! With the exception of the pandemic delayed/stunted event in 2021, the numbers have grown every year (32 players in 2019). Trying to grow even bigger in the new location!

Casuals/Meet and Greet/Catch up: March 31, 6PM-?? Location TBA

Games Played: Ultimate MK3, MK Trilogy, MK2, MK1.

Streamed at: TehDrewsus Youtube Channel

Tournament Games:
April 1, 12:00PM - Ultimate MK3. Played on MAME, Revision 1.2 - MAIN EVENT, $500+ guaranteed to winner

Format - (based on number of entrants) - pools into top 8/top 12
Round Robin pools 2/3
Top 8/12 - Double Elimination 3 out of 5
Winner/Loser/Grand Finals: 4 out of 7

Rules:
Winner character locked
Slow corner jab infinite banned
Robot to Human Smoke change only allowed in round 1

April 1, 7:00PM - MK Trilogy - Played on N64 (Hardware)
Format - (based on entrants) - pools into top 6 or double elimination
Round Robin Pools 2 out of 3
Top 6 - double elimination 2 out of 3
Winner/Loser/Grand Finals 3 out of 5

Rules:
3v3 Kombat
Winner is Roster locked but not rotation locked
Must pick 3 separate characters
Noob banned
slow corner jab infinite banned

April 2, 12:00PM - Ultimate MK3 2v2 Teams, Played on MAME, UMK3+ Public Beta 2 (original Revision 1.2 gameplay)
Format - Double Elimination 2 out of 3
Winner/Loser/Grand Finals: 3 out of 5

Rules:
2v2, Each player controls 1 character
Gameplay is default original gameplay from Revision 1.2
Winners character locked but not rotation locked
Must start with a partner but may finish solo (possible partner time constraints)
PARTNERS may pick the same character (solo player may not)
Rain and Noob are banned
slow corner jab infinite banned

April 2, 4PM - Mortal Kombat 2 - Played on ARCADE CABINET, MK2+ Public Beta 2 (original revision 3.1 gameplay)
Format: Double Elimination 2 out of 3
Winner/Loser/Grand Finals First to 5

Rules:
Winner character locked
Revision 3.1 original gameplay settings

April 2, 7PM - Mortal Kombat - Played on ARCADE CABINET, Revision 4.0 T-Unit (gameplay identical to revision 5.0 T-Unit)
Format: Double Elimination 2 out of 3
Winner/Loser/Grand Finals First to 5

Rules:
Winner character locked
Sonya leg grab infinite banned

Info also available here: Cincinnati Kombat Klassic 2023 information flyers!

Event page on Facebook (NOT required to RSVP but may if you'd like): Cincinnati Kombat Klassic 2023 event page

Last edited:

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I think @summoning666 was telling people about this. Is it being streamed? This is a tournament that I'd actually like to watch.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Unfortunately won’t be able to make it to this. But good luck everyone who is going and have fun!

MRIGOTBASS

@NoDoubt is also not going, other than covid the man has gone to every offline event for a decade, and even know he wont admit to you guys, its remarkable after a certain umk3 player @dubson publicly physically threatened to beat his ass in ohio now all the sudden the USA best UMK3 player is not attending. The TO was aware of the hours worth of terroristic threats vs a player on a steam on youtube yet didn’t even ban or address the aggressor. So yea the Michael Jordan of UMK3 will not be attending do to allowed threats of violence towards him. Shitty tbh

AnTi

Noob
@MRIGOTBASS

Long time no see Benji aka IGotBass/Glitchy Rodriguez/I forget those lame old ass 360 random account names.

Last edited:

MRIGOTBASS

@MRIGOTBASS

Long time no see Benji aka IGotBass/Glitchy Rodriguez/I forget those lame old ass 360 random account names.
Robyn Steele LOL What up dude!!
Cuzzo you sent me a message on Skype like 3 years ago, I missed it by 1 day, and then you disappeared forever. Either hit me back on skype or add me on discorde MR IGOTBASS #2797

what up @AnTi , been a long time man!!

And, in case anyone was wondering - i'm addressing everyone when I say this - there have been rumors and grumblings about threatening, someone wanting to fight, etc...
I've listened to that interaction on several occasions and spoken to both primary people involved.- one conversation lasted a bit longer, but still had a very real conversation. And, given the nature of the interaction on said video, and some of the other parties involved... no one is banned from the event.

Shame this stuff is still happening in 2023. Over a video game. I'd say grow up, but some of us have literally had 2 lifetimes of opportunities to do so.

I won't be addressing this matter further.

NoDoubt

nasty
Had the tourny ran between June 23rd - 7th of July I prob could of went since one of my jobs has us off that period, but I’m currently working 2 with no weekends off

For the record, Iv never attended all events and that includes all ECT east coast majors, none in 2012, 2018, n did not plan on going to 2020 before it was cancelled, nor 2021.

Iv already attended tournies with written planned threats so that’s kinda old to me. Anyone wants to fight, come to Jersey n leave Drew’s gathering out of it. I’m from north Philly and there are no pussies in this corner

Bass & Sans are confirmed to go so glad to see more top players volunteering. I’ll def try catching the stream n donating

MRIGOTBASS

what up @AnTi , been a long time man!!

there have been rumors and grumblings about threatening, someone wanting to fight, etc...
I
No Drew its not Rumors or Grublings and quite frankly ur a hypocrite and full of shit. See this is what you love to do is brush shit under the rug and allow someone to physically threaten another player who happens to be the 10 time umk3 champion.

Idc what you do with ur fake game and ur only weekend a year of friends but you will not lie and tell people ita rumous. And this is why the champion wont come to ur event cause it not safe. Fuck off

NoDoubt

nasty
No Drew its not Rumors or Grublings and quite frankly ur a hypocrite and full of shit. See this is what you love to do is brush shit under the rug and allow someone to physically threaten another player who happens to be the 10 time umk3 champion.

Idc what you do with ur fake game and ur only weekend a year of friends but you will not lie and tell people ita rumous. And this is why the champion wont come to ur event cause it not safe. Fuck off
There are no champions in this video, the current champ is Biggs n I believe he’s attending. I simply don’t have the skill to beat him but maybe u do so I look forward to catching the stream

MRIGOTBASS

There are no champions in this video, the current champ is Biggs n I believe he’s attending. I simply don’t have the skill to beat him but maybe u do so I look forward to catching the stream
I agree either me or Sans will take him out for you. No problems.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
is there a YouTube chan it will eventually be posted to?