What's new

Chris G defeats 7L 5-3

7L

Heads up!
Btw what happened to the miraculous "better than superman's prepatch f23 breath" tech?
It's not better than it, it has properties like it :p, it still works very well. I just need to iron out some flaws. By flaws I mean people just going, hey it's arrow, let's just jump away! :D

D

Deleted member 28105

I cannot wait to see these matches. I imagine that watching them will feel somewhat akin to watching the Neo and Agent Smith fight from the last Matrix.

I was not. Had my worst showing since the game came out. I let a loss to killanator get in my head and that was death for me. I'll return for next tournament and keep my head in check. It happens
The Doomsday family was behind Killinator supporting him too!

Also no shame in losing to Chris G. He is super good.

Reactions: 7L
No shame in losing to Chris G. He's a world-renowed player and is at the very least, moderately successful in any game he plays.
Yeah, I agree. I don't get the "you lost to Chris G" thing. Chris G is sick at any game he plays. Pretty sure he won 2 Injustice majors.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
It's not better than it, it has properties like it :p, it still works very well. I just need to iron out some flaws. By flaws I mean people just going, hey it's arrow, let's just jump away! :D
Speaking of, we never ended up playing.

Forbidden_Donut

"You think you bad? Pffft, You ain't bad.."
God I would be so mind effed playing Chris.. How the hell do you open up god like defense like that? He reacts to all of Ga's mix ups. You did really well dude. I have always considered Chris G the best ga, no offense to anyone. Even post patch, he still holds the highest ga placing at a major (He got fifth at Yumakon). I just wish he would enter injustice more :( I was sad he didn't show to any of his matches at scr lol.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
the only real difference i see in both you're green arrows is chris g's fire arrow zoning is what gives him the edge.

the only real difference i see in both you're green arrows is chris g's fire arrow zoning is what gives him the edge.
Hard to compete with a guy who soul fists for a living on the zoning front.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by the footage. He's still missing out on some stuff, but to be honest I sort of expected him to look more or less like what he was last time we saw good footage of his arrow at a major with his go to J3 223 combo, but he's actually using a lot more of arrows tools.

7L

Heads up!
I always said Arrow's zoning is mediocre and useless. Then I fight another Arrow. Fail. These matches were fun though, I had a blast

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I always said Arrow's zoning is mediocre and useless. Then I fight another Arrow. Fail. These matches were fun though, I had a blast
lol man, I find the same thing. Playing a couple other Arrows who just Arrowed the fuck outta me, I was like, what the hell lol.

But then you run into match ups with teleport/armor/groundtracking moves, then you remember why it's mediocre to useless.

7L

Heads up!
lol man, I find the same thing. Playing a couple other Arrows who just Arrowed the fuck outta me, I was like, what the hell lol.

But then you run into match ups with teleport/armor/groundtracking moves, then you remember why it's mediocre to useless.
Omg when chris savage blasts side to side I was getting so frustrated. I hate when shit like that happens XD. I felt so helpless :'(

Exactly this. The fact that arrows jump is so floaty combined with how difficult a time he has with zoning already basically means that in a mirror match once one arrow takes the life lead he can lame it out extremely well and the only real way to catch up is to take some risks and spend some meter to try and get in. I've done this a few times online but I usually don't either because its not very fun, or I enjoy seeing what its like for the other player dealing with the ice arrow mixup.

Really, the effectiveness of zoning in a green arrow mirror says less about how effective Arrow's own zoning is, and more about how difficult a time he has dealing with it.

Last edited: