What's new

Choose your roster: Jax or Jacqui

Jax or Jacqui for roster of MK12?

• Jax Briggs

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • Jacqui Briggs

Votes: 24 30.4%

• Total voters
this is a dumb premise. Might as well ask "if you could only have Scorpion or Sub-Zero, who would you pick?" or "Sonya or Cassie?" There is no reason we can't have both. Also, MK12 is ages away (if it even happens, might be another reboot) so who cares?

I feel like this is just another thread trying to bait weird Jacquie hate. I don't get it. In MKX people said they didn't like her because her design was "boring" and full auto was braindead. Now she's got awesome costumes and some of the more interesting unique mechanics in the game and the same people still don't like her. Jesus.
Some people just live in a constant spiral of "the old times were better". They don't realice that old times weren't better, they just were younger lolz

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Some people just live in a constant spiral of "the old times were better". They don't realice that old times weren't better, they just were younger lolz
NO, hell no. New characters are great (when they have archetype from mass culture) -

Dvora - Kerrigan from starcraft, great design,

Kotal - ogr from tekken, but much much better,

Geras - Zassalamel from SC, great character

but Jackui Hao and Hsu Briggs Hao... this "character" just a bad joke. No any archetypes in mass culture, 0 personality, 0 story mode influence, that character - just a clone from star wars.

If you have 0 taste and like to play faceless clone - play Jackui Hao and Hsu Briggs

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
lol, "I only like characters when they remind me of other characters I like" is one hell of a take.
Ok, let me teach you.
Mortal. Kombat. Since. 1992. Is. Absolutely. POSTMODERN GAME. Postmodern
  1. Doesnt make new "forms" of self-explanation - it uses ready-made forms. Example - Kano - Terminator t-800, Liu Kang - Bruce Lee's characters from movies , Johnny Cage - jan klod vandam characters from movies, kenshi - neo from matrix etc. etc.
  2. postmodern combines incongruous and mixes all in one boiler - ninjas, sorcerers, robots, monks etc.
Case is not new or old characters. Case in easy recognized archetype. Why Hsu Hao was bad character? He had 0 matches in mass culture in postmodern game. Same with Jacqui Briggs

NO, hell no. New characters are great (when they have archetype from mass culture) -

Dvora - Kerrigan from starcraft, great design,

Kotal - ogr from tekken, but much much better,

Geras - Zassalamel from SC, great character

but Jackui Hao and Hsu Briggs Hao... this "character" just a bad joke. No any archetypes in mass culture, 0 personality, 0 story mode influence, that character - just a clone from star wars.
View attachment 16251

If you have 0 taste and like to play faceless clone - play Jackui Hao and Hsu Briggs
You love to throw the term "mass culture" a lot, don't ya? It's almost like you only like copies of another ideas you like, yet you say you don't like Jacqui cause she's a "clone". Weird logic you got going. And btw Jacqui is not a Jax copy, she has a different personality and a way different toolset. I don't see how anybody would see her as a clone. It's just because she's black? Or because she's a woman and people just thinks she's a "female" Jax?

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
It's just because she's black? Or because she's a woman and people just thinks she's a "female" Jax?
  1. If i dont like black characters, then i wouldnt say, that Geras is great character (and Zasalamel too). Jax is great character (and archetype by hisself - doomfist from overwatch is example) and MK11 Jax is best Jax for all MK history.
  2. If i dont like female characters, then i wouldnt say, that Dvora is great character (and Kerrigan too). Most of fo female characters in MK11 are great (besides kombat kids).

1. If i dont like black characters, then i wouldnt say, that Geras is great character (and Zasalamel too). Jax is great character (and archetype by hisself - doomfist from overwatch is example) and MK11 Jax is best Jax for all MK history.
  2. If i dont like female characters, then i wouldnt say, that Dvora is great character (and Kerrigan too). Most of fo female characters in MK11 are great (besides kombat kids).
Is it that hard to admit, that the fact that you personally don't like a character doesn't make it a bad character? This crusade is pointless. Jacqui is a well designed character, you can like her or not, but that doesn't make it nor a better character nor a worse one.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Is it that hard to admit, that the fact that you personally don't like a character doesn't make it a bad character? This crusade is pointless. Jacqui is a well designed character, you can like her or not, but that doesn't make it nor a better character nor a worse one.
Is it that hard to admit, that the fact that you personally don't like a character doesn't make it a bad character? This crusade is pointless. HSU HAO is a well designed character, you can like her or not, but that doesn't make it nor a better character nor a worse one.

Is it that hard to admit, that the fact that you personally don't like a character doesn't make it a bad character? This crusade is pointless. HSU HAO is a well designed character, you can like her or not, but that doesn't make it nor a better character nor a worse one.
At this point i'm not even sure if you lack basic understanding, or you are a troll.

Espio

Kokomo
Jacqui triggers people so hard, I dunno if I should laugh or shake my head in disgust at the silly behavior and mental gymnastics. I am pretty indifferent to Jax and Jacqui, but there are already barely any black characters in Mk so I have no interest in getting rid of either. They also both seem to have a lot of fans every game. I just hope next game has Baraka and Jade so I can have choices I really like. I know I didn't answer the question because this isn't a fair question to me.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Jacqui triggers people so hard, I dunno if I should laugh or shake my head in disgust at the silly behavior and mental gymnastics. I am pretty indifferent to Jax and Jacqui, but there are already barely any black characters in Mk so I have no interest in getting rid of either. They also both seem to have a lot of fans every game. I just hope next game has Baraka and Jade so I can have choices I really like. I know I didn't answer the question because this isn't a fair question to me.
Think this way, Which Playstyle do you PREFER?
lol