Jax or Jacqui for roster of MK12?

• Jax Briggs

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • Jacqui Briggs

Votes: 24 30.4%

• Total voters

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Just imagine - you can choose some fighters for roster of MK12 and there is only one slot and choice between Jax Briggs and Jacqui Briggs.
Which character you will choose? And why? Argue your position

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
I prefer Jacquie, i like the mk11 version of jacquie a lot more than her mkx counterpart.
Imo in mkx i liked her pew pew zoning as well.

I don't dislike jax at all tho.

I'd remove both of them for Reptile or Stryker

You put every kombat kid against any character from MK 1-3 excluding Stryker and Sheeva and I'll say "Fuck the kombat kid!"
I don't think their track record of making interesting and cool characters is very good since MK3. Quan Chi, Frost, D'Vorah, Ferra & Torr, Skarlet and that's basically it. Fuck everyone else.

My dream roster is the one featured in MK9. Just replace Sheeva and Stryker with D'Vorah and Frost.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Jax is too iconic to the series to say no to. Gotcha grab? Ground pound? The clinking sound his punches make... lol

Honestly, just put gauntlets on anyone and you have another Jacqui.
Jax is SO iconic and integrated in mass culture, that he came as archetype by hisself - Doomfist from overwatch - that is Jax, even his movelist is Jax's movelist and his gameplay based on combos

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Jax is SO iconic and integrated in mass culture, that he came as archetype by hisself - Doomfist from overwatch - that is Jax, even his movelist is Jax's movelist and his gameplay based on combos

Doomfist has Dash Punch, but the rest of his moveset honestly works nothing like Jax (a shotgun, a leap from high ground and a giant shoryuken-style launching/jumping uppercut, plus a targetted dive bomb where he disappears into the sky).

You play him like an assassin-style character rather than a brawler. It’s all about sneaking into a fight, picking somebody off as quickly as possible and escaping before you take too much damage.. So the high mobility/vertical mobility is really what makes him work as a hero.

He is, however, super fun to play.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Jacqui .... I enjoyed the changes they did to her for MK11 when comparing with her previous version on MKX; and she can evolve even better for the next game ..... both aesthetically and gameplay wise as well

for her dad, Jax, it's time for ..... retirement

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Jacqui. There isn't much point in introducing a next generation if the old one is going to always be there as well. Not that I dislike Jax but IMO Jax, Johnny, Sonya, Jacqui and Cassie don't all need to be together in every game from now on.

Johnny, Sonya, and Jax used to miss games back in the day and they were still fine games, so I think letting Cass and Jacqui take over for at least one game would be fine. MK2 had no playable Sonya (or Kano) and is remembered fondly. MK3/UMK3 had no Johnny and is also remembered fondly by much of the community.

Again, not saying they need to go away forever. I would hate that since I like all of these characters but they can sit one out every once in a while.

As much as I love Jax and while he is iconic I feel like Jacqui has more potential and she lends herself better to design choices and cooler gameplay.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Jacqui 100%. More fitting to my playstyle, she's younger and has much more room for interesting gameplay and gadgets, and much more fun IMO. Johnny, Sonya, and Jax all need to sit out MK11 in my opinion. Let the new blood have some fun.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
If Jacqui is around, just her. If Jax is around, just him.

Dont need both at once. Same goes for the entire Cage family trio.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Non revenant Jax could be a roster stable forever. There is no problem for me. And please don't make him looser again. Crying big soldier with the metal arms is not looking Cool.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
this is a dumb premise. Might as well ask "if you could only have Scorpion or Sub-Zero, who would you pick?" or "Sonya or Cassie?" There is no reason we can't have both. Also, MK12 is ages away (if it even happens, might be another reboot) so who cares?

I feel like this is just another thread trying to bait weird Jacquie hate. I don't get it. In MKX people said they didn't like her because her design was "boring" and full auto was braindead. Now she's got awesome costumes and some of the more interesting unique mechanics in the game and the same people still don't like her. Jesus.