What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Chill.

trufenix

bye felicia
I think considering characters significantly better than her have received buffs, that argument is moot hahaha.
I disagree. I believe you may be biased because you main a midtier character in a game with fairly definitive top tiers. I would argue the only characters that have seen significant deliberate positive change are Kenshi, Kitana, Shinnok who at least at launch were obviously bottom tier and therefore priority. From what I've seen there are others (maybe just Reptile at this point) that still need legitimate buffs to compete.

IMO, Jacqui exists in the games ample mid tier, with characters like Ermac, Jason, Johnny, Sonya, F/T, Takeda, Kano (and others I'm definitely forgetting) who thus far have really only received "fixes" which this community is incapable of distinguishing from legitimate buffs / nerfs. Its a bummer when a bug (or glitch, or oversight) is the deciding factor between a character being good or bad, but no developer (with the opportunity to address it) will leave a known bug in his product, even if it renders a shitty character worse or a good character better.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I disagree. I believe you may be biased because you main a midtier character in a game with fairly definitive top tiers. I would argue the only characters that have seen significant deliberate positive change are Kenshi, Kitana, Shinnok who at least at launch were obviously bottom tier and therefore priority. From what I've seen there are others (maybe just Reptile at this point) that still need legitimate buffs to compete.

IMO, Jacqui exists in the games ample mid tier, with characters like Ermac, Jason, Sonya, F/T, Takeda, Kano (and others I'm definitely forgetting) who thus far have really only received "fixes" which this community is incapable of distinguishing from legitimate buffs / nerfs. Its a bummer when a bug (or glitch, or oversight) is the deciding factor between a character being good or bad, but no developer (with the opportunity to address it) will leave a known bug in his product, even if it renders a shitty character worse or a good character better.
If there are 15-19 characters that are better than you, you are low mid tier at best.

While we disagree, on where she is tier list wise I will say this.

f121 still does not come out on block. The last hit is an OVERHEAD that only comes out on hit. There is block advantage listed in the frame data. The move itself is practically useless on hit considering she can hitconfirm into bf4 or something else for much better positioning, frame advantage and damage. That seems like a pretty big glitch to me...

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I just shotgun blast after f12. I kinda hate that f1 looks and acts like an overhead. But is not. *sigh* I'd take that over almost anything right now..seriously tho, think about it.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
f121 still does not come out on block. The last hit is an OVERHEAD that only comes out on hit. There is block advantage listed in the frame data. The move itself is practically useless on hit considering she can hitconfirm into bf4 or something else for much better positioning, frame advantage and damage. That seems like a pretty big glitch to me...
I don't know but I think it might have been like that originally and deemed too much to give her more opportunities for free mixups off her best normal

LEGEND

YES!
If there are 15-19 characters that are better than you, you are low mid tier at best.

While we disagree, on where she is tier list wise I will say this.

Why are you complaining about things that aren't even an issue?

F12 is naturally plus. And if you see your opponent blocking standing then up rocket jails for even more plus frames and on hit it leads to good damage. You also get safe launcher in shotgun without the need to hit confirm

I don't think people realize how ridiculous Jacqui would be with any better normals than she already has in conjunction with her insane movement speed. It would be impossible to either touch her or lock her down

Shotgun and High tech could use some work I'll agree. But full auto has zero issues

E

Eldriken

Jacqui's great movement speed doesn't make up for the lack of range on her normals. Not in the effin' slightest.

She probably can't scratch her own ass without some type of an extension with those T-Rex limbs that they're trying to pass off as arms.

I personally feel that is all she would ever "need" in her current state: a bit more range.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
Jacqui's great movement speed doesn't make up for the lack of range on her normals. Not in the effin' slightest.

She probably can't scratch her own ass without some type of an extension with those T-Rex limbs that they're trying to pass off as arms.

I personally feel that is all she would ever "need" in her current state: a bit more range.
I wanted to know just how bad you guys have it, so I went into training mode with her. B3 is possibly the saddest thing I've ever seen.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I don't think people realize how ridiculous Jacqui would be with any better normals than she already has in conjunction with her insane movement speed.
The biggest problem is her lack of a good Rapidly Advancing Normal. RANs are so common in this game that, as I've mentioned before, footsies in this game are sometimes played from 2-3 character lengths away. Jacqui has nothing close.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
You don't have to though. I play Jacqui because I like the character. If you really want to play her you should stick with her
hey revolver I've tried reading a thread of this and I've tried asking people but maybe you can do this is there some chance that you can upload some matches of you using high tech because there is literally none on here nor YouTube of this variation being played in an actual match and if there there they have no idea what they're doing not trying to sound harsh

trufenix

bye felicia
I am not trying to upplay your character or start a debate (although I think 15-19 better is a little egregious). I'm just trying to get you to see the difference between a functional character (FA Jacqui) and a bad one (vanilla Kenshi, Shin, Reptile, Kitana) and express to you that in terms of actual balance patching, one deserves priority over the other.

You guys didn't get all those hit box / inconsistency fixes a month ago because they wanted her higher on the tier list. You got them for the same reason Fisticage got a "nerf" and Raiden/KL got "buffs"; because the game wasn't working as intended.

I suspect similar discussions are going on at this very moment at NRS regarding what is a "pretty big glitch" and what isn't, but as I mentioned in my last post; NRS has been raked over the coals MANY TIMES for digging too deep and too greedily with their patches. Jacqui just got a bunch of changes. A wise balancer (who knows he still has 6 or 7 at bats) would wait longer than a single patch to go back to the well.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Stop with this bullshit. The Mileena community kept quiet and never complained at all and she still got some really nice buffs.
That's a big lie lol. The early Mileena bitching was kept to the general Mileena thread instead of its own fix my character thread. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there. Really tired that people keep throwing that out there as an example of a community that doesn't bitch. Every community bitches.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
hey revolver I've tried reading a thread of this and I've tried asking people but maybe you can do this is there some chance that you can upload some matches of you using high tech because there is literally none on here nor YouTube of this variation being played in an actual match and if there there they have no idea what they're doing not trying to sound harsh
I don't have any unfortunately. I'm mostly staying away from high tech until the combo bug gets fixed (if it does) since I feel it gives FA too much of an advantage without that damage.

hayatei

Noob
so I went into training mode and now I dont know why you guys are complaining

jacqui's pokes, jab, f12, b14, b2 are all great and probably all you need

also literally everything is plus???

only thing thats worth complaining about is maybe b33 hitbox, but you should be glad your 50/50 into 45% combos is even -5 and easily hit confirm-able to begin with

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Full Auto is fine. High Tech and Shotgun need buffs. I feel like it's a big missed opportunity for NRS to let these two variations which are on the more technical/fundamental side of the fighting game spectrum to be so blatantly under powered compared to Full Auto.

High Tech is the technical rush down, special cancelling variation where you gain buffs throughout the match to beef up your damage and put scary pressure on your opponent. However, her pressure is to difficult to maintain and she has no means of getting in safely. Also, her power up is too slow to activate and doesn't stay 'on' long enough for her to reasonably connect a combo. Her anti zoning tool, absorbing projectiles is also slow and gives her no meter advantage.

Shotgun is the fundamental footsie variation where she is supposed to chip away at the opponents life and push them back into her comfort zone of mid screen. However, she has no comfort zone there because the range on straight shotgun is so bad that it can always be jumped unless they are in her B2 range, which is a better choice because is hits ducking opponents, while shotgun is a high. Low shot is decent but also can be jumped easily and she literally points to the ground before shooting like 'there', block low because that's where I'm gonna shoot this gun.

I feel like there is alot of potential for these variations to be fun and rewarding for players who enjoy those playstyles. Instead, they just have the zoning variation be superior in almost every way. The damage and space control in FA completely destroys the other variations. It makes very little sense, and I think Jacqui players are starting to lose patience as other characters get much more attention. If they buff Shotgun and High Tech specials in certain ways, it would be like adding two new characters to the game at very little cost. I will be patient, but it would be nice to know if she is in their plans at all.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!

only thing thats worth complaining about is maybe b33 hitbox, but you should be glad your 50/50 into 45% combos is even -5 and easily hit confirm-able to begin with
Im sorry, but you're misinformed. Her jabs and pokes have very bad range and this is a problem for her because in most cases she can't punish things because she gets pushed back too far and none of her moves reach. For example, after sub zero's clone smash he's -9 but she actually gets blown up for trying to punish because she can't reach that far.

Her f12 is ok but compared to other character's it's slower with much less range. Also, f121 doesn't come out on block.

Her b1 also suffers from the same thing her f1 does except it's 1 frame slower, has reduced range and still has a somewhat wonky hitbox with b14.

Her d3 has very bad range. It is a pretty dodgy poke. It's also 8 frames meaning unless she's +3 her opponent doesn't have to respect anything she does because they can simply low poke her out. Her d4 does have more range, but at 13 frames startup it's not something you can throw out in pressure situations.

Her plus frames are deceptive because she actually can't do much with +2. In essence, +2 is kinda like neutral for Jacqui because her normals don't have range and are slower on average.

b2 is good, but it's pretty well telegraphed and also 17 frames, so not exactly a godsend.

These are all things that you'd find out if you took Jacqui into some matches and tried her out.

The things Jacqui players are asking for are things like better anti-airs, a use for ex bf2, fixing f121 glitch, giving projectile absorb a serviceable risk/reward, making some of her pokes 1-2 frames faster to compensate for their lack of range. We don't want Cassie's b1, we want Jacqui to play how she was meant to be played. In high tech, an in your face pressure character that has to work to get in, but can wreck hell when she does; in shotgun a footsie based character with decent 50/50s; in full auto, a zoning/spacing character.

Also, strangely enough b3's lack of range is hardly a problem because of f3~b4, but you'd know that if you actually used Jacqui.

astronout

see you at the top.
dann

damn son you went into training mode for 5 minutes and deemed this character not only viable in the current meta but also almost flawless? please tell me and everyone else more about about the character we've used to compete with since the games release.

jk, don't.

she has some of the worst pokes in the entire game. most of her strings are either neutral or negative of block, which is not a bad thing, but don't spout nonsense and say everything's plus. and her B3 range is crippling to and already suffering character, so the complaints are not only warranted, but necessary if jacqui players want to see a change.