What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs Chill.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
There's been a lot of talk in here recently regarding Jacqui's tier placement and the recent patches. To be honest, a lot of this talk is only making this character's community look bad and is getting us nowhere. Everyone needs to relax. We can point out her problems and possible bugs, but other than addressing bugs, her changes are going to be a "whatever happens happens" sort of thing. On that note, I want to address some stuff -

- It is very unlikely that NRS will patch new moves into the game or update animations. The ones that have been added are, iirc, based on existing animations. Because of that, Jacqui's fundamental problems will likely not be resolved via a patch, and complaining is just complaining. We have to either acknowledge the fact that we're at a disadvantage in the footsie game vs many characters or not play her. F1, standing 4, etc probably won't get phantom hitboxes to make them stronger. Her AA game will probably stay weak, even if d2 gets buffed. We can adjust by doing things like low profiling with d4, or just deal with it.

- The designers are probably aware of most of these problems. Paulo is on TYM and stream chats constantly. They've probably been aware of much of it since before the game came out. If something's going to be changed it's going to be changed. The constant "buff suggestions" have historically not been taken into account, because we are not fighting game designers. They're going to do what they want to do and we have to deal with it.

- Some of you need to level up. That sounds harsh but it's often true. I know there's a lot I need to be doing better, and from what I see the same applies to you guys. The character just takes more work at a high level than some of the top tiers, but that doesn't make her unviable.

- Positivity helps. This post might sound negative but I think it's needed right now to reach this. One of the most important things I learned playing Lex in Injustice is that putting yourself in a frame of mind that you're at constant disadvantages limits your critical&creative thinking, and therefore impedes the character's development. We can ask for buffs all we want, but we need to shift the focus from that and focus on developing strategies right now. That's what we should always be doing. Buffs may or may not come, and if we really want to play the character we can't wait for them.

I'm sorry if any of this sounds mean, I honestly don't mean it that way, but I've seen this so many times before. I don't want us to be one of those groups everyone complains about. Let's relax and just keep working, it might push us ahead.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Just a quick note, with takeda I do d4 to low profile jump attacks and d1 or 112 tends to trip guard. Also 95% of players dial a string after jumping in anyway, if you low profile and jump in doesn't connect. It's usually an easy punish.

JustinXavier21

The rose that grew from concrete
I'm sick of people complaining about Anti-Airs in this game. It really isn't that difficult to grasp and it's fun to find creative solutions to jumpers!

That said, there are certainly some clear issues with Jacqui - if they do nothing else, I just want Shotgun DF2 fixed man - it was almost fine and got nerfed to all hell to sort the infinite. There are still two very simple fixes for it :( I'll give up all suggestions for that 1 fix!

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I agree. Those are the two choices. I have moved on. I suggest other Jacqui players stop complaining and do the same. There are many characters who what she does but much better anyway.

Pick a top tier and enjoy yourself.
I'll stick with Jacqui, buffs or no buffs. Respect your choice to discard her though, as many others have done. Sorry to anyone [Revolver] if my BUFF suggestions thread reflected anything bad towards the Jacqui community. It however should not, just towards me.

I do not find the character to be worthy of dropping, sadly too many others have already. What was your actual reason for this decision?

Also [to all] never stated that the character is unviable, nor do I agree with bottom 3. Was simply pointing out more beneficial changes after seeing ones made, most likely with good intention... But not much of a difference.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I honestly don't care if people think the Jacqui community/me in particular are whiners. Jacqui has issues that need to be addressed.

None of the changes have suggested re-animating any of her stuff (except maybe the 4u4 suggestion but that's eh).

She is constantly ignored/neglected by NRS. It took 4-5 patches for her to actually get her full move set listed for chrissakes.

There is no reason we should just sit by and be content with the state that Jacqui is in currently, especially when you, me and everyone else knows there are still several patches left that will enact balance changes.

The 'buff' Jacqui received in the last patch was a slap in the face and you know it too. If NRS decides to continue to neglect her, fine, whatever. I'll use Tanya and Kenshi (and probably predator).

Please don't give me the 'Jacqui is fine, level up ' speech. You and I both know in a world with Tanya, Quan, Raiden, D'Vorah, Cassie, Erron, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Shinnock, Sonya, Scorpion, Jax and Kenshi, Jacqui and her little T-Rex arms is not good.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Though I main Kitana, Jacqui is by far the most satisfying character to play as. Shotgun is very limited but her corner pressure is obnoxious, safe, and salty. It's gloriously orgasmic to to tick tick away at an enemy then punch super them to death. The only problem with Jacqui is that she requires skills and a keen eye for gaps and yolo foolishness. So I agree, level up or move on.

#BuffYourMindSet

P.S. NRS hates Jacqui. So were left with this. Oh well.

trufenix

bye felicia
She is constantly ignored/neglected by NRS. It took 4-5 patches for her to actually get her full move set listed for chrissakes.
With all the backlash NRS continues to recieve from its own players about knee jerk / rapid fire changes, do you think the best course of action is for NRS to introduce significant changes to multiple characters per patch or to approach the ones that need it most and see what happens?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
With all the backlash NRS continues to recieve from its own players about knee jerk / rapid fire changes, do you think the best course of action is for NRS to introduce significant changes to multiple characters per patch or to approach the ones that need it most and see what happens?
I think considering characters significantly better than her have received buffs, that argument is moot hahaha.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The 'buff' Jacqui received in the last patch was a slap in the face and you know it too. If NRS decides to continue to neglect her, fine, whatever. I'll use Tanya and Kenshi (and probably predator).

Please don't give me the 'Jacqui is fine, level up ' speech. You and I both know in a world with Tanya, Quan, Raiden, D'Vorah, Cassie, Erron, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Shinnock, Sonya, Scorpion, Jax and Kenshi, Jacqui and her little T-Rex arms is not good.
The last patch I more interpret as an emergency patch to prevent Tanya stupidness from dominating at MK's two huge showcases coming up. Considering how closely it followed the last one and how small it was it was probably going to be part of a larger future patch, and the bf2 buff is safe enough that it won't cause any negative repercussions.

I don't mean it as "level up jacqui's just as good as the top 5". I'm just saying she's not unviable and there's leveling up to do, and doing that is more important than waiting for buffs.

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
you know what helps? Constant whining. It's how characters get nerfed or buffed. If the Jacqui community stays quiet then I'm afraid this character won't ever live in the competitive scene.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
idk i think shes mid to upper mid
Ehhh

Tanya, Quan, Raiden, D'Vorah, Cassie, Erron, Kung Lao, Kung Jin, Shinnock, Sonya, Scorpion, Jax, Kenshi, Ermac, Kitana, Sub (potentially), Kano (potentially), Liu Kang (potentially) I'd all rate higher than full auto.

That'd place her like 16-20 which is what I would consider low mid tier to be.