What's new

Chew Bubblegum & Kick Some Ass! Cassie Cage Full Guide (DS and YQ)

Yo what's up people? Quick question is any one else having trouble getting F2, 1+3 to crushing blow? I can't seem to get it to work constantly on counter and punish

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yo what's up people? Quick question is any one else having trouble getting F2, 1+3 to crushing blow? I can't seem to get it to work constantly on counter and punish
Nope it's pretty straight forward, I usually do it after a D4.

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
Thanks for all these great combos so far. Struggling to hit them every time on punish, but its great stuff to work with.
Also need to find a more consistent opening game. At the moment tend to let the opponent go first, and could use more confidence to stop that.

Last edited:
do you guys AA scorpion's jump ins?
everytime I try to AA scorp with s4 or b3 he just EX teleports and hits me with a full combo.
so the better choice is to let scorpion players jump in vs me?
I also tried neutral jump air guns but it often losses vs either his jump 4? or his air grab.

also, how do you guys react vs his canceled teleport? tried to jab him out, but didn't work.
b243 on reaction works vs skarlets and raiden's teleport, but is too slow vs scorps teleport cancel hm

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
do you guys AA scorpion's jump ins?
everytime I try to AA scorp with s4 or b3 he just EX teleports and hits me with a full combo.
so the better choice is to let scorpion players jump in vs me?
I also tried neutral jump air guns but it often losses vs either his jump 4? or his air grab.

also, how do you guys react vs his canceled teleport? tried to jab him out, but didn't work.
b243 on reaction works vs skarlets and raiden's teleport, but is too slow vs scorps teleport cancel hm
I try to back up and trip guard or force him to teleport. If it it is too close, I just block it because I can’t AA him either.

I’ve started using f2 to punish teleport cancels, you get less damage, but it is more consistent.

I will give F2 a try, but how do you see that he is canceling the teleport? Do you just pay attention to his defense meter?
I think when he doesn't cancel his teleport, F2 gets beaten by the normal and also by the EX teleport.

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
I kind of feel like J2 is better in basically all situations than S4 as a followup to db1 AMP. I started off thinking the S options would be more consistent for me but once I started going for the J2 I started to realize it's super good. Once you get the timing down for it linking it to (S1 if male) b2,4 xx whatever is really easy and satisfying.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I kind of feel like J2 is better in basically all situations than S4 as a followup to db1 AMP. I started off thinking the S options would be more consistent for me but once I started going for the J2 I started to realize it's super good. Once you get the timing down for it linking it to (S1 if male) b2,4 xx whatever is really easy and satisfying.
I still use J2 all the time, except when I do 1,1 xx db1 AMP. Then J3 into 2112 is way easier.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Yeah about the only time I will ever go for anything other than J2 is when I want style points. By this weekend I should have all my house drama done and Cassie's BnB/Optimals burned into my blood. It's time to make some people reach for their salt shakers.
If you wanna run sets let me know, I'd like to practice my Noob.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
What do you guys do in the corner? I know the combos she has, but they are so garbage other than the unsafe b13, but its honestly almost better to let them OUT of the corner, where she can do some damage, where she can zone and play the mid-game where she shines. Thoughts?

sars

Noob
What do you guys do in the corner? I know the combos she has, but they are so garbage other than the unsafe b13, but its honestly almost better to let them OUT of the corner, where she can do some damage, where she can zone and play the mid-game where she shines. Thoughts?
I don’t know about let them out, you might not get huge damage but you can still get pretty good pressure. Mix in your plus pokes and throws and damage adds up. I do agree if they get out it’s not that big of a deal though.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Some people fall for b1,3 just condition overhead. You can get 30% from one bar if you do b1,3 S3 1,1,1 into the amplified straight gunshot. Forgot the name xD