What's new

Cheetah Official Matchup Chart

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I actually agree with most of these. The only one is captain cold. Just feel like a lot of captain colds don't do this against rushdown characters like cheetah. But a mb frozen pool stops everything cheetah can do. Of course I see most of them use it and back up from it. If they stand on it it is free charge for trait and if cheetah tries to do something to to him. Instantly frozen...

I could be missing something, but when captain cold does this to her. It feels pretty unwinnable. Dealing with constant level 2 trait is seriously annoying. You can't jump over it. You can't really get through it...

You can get a dive on them if it is done perfectly, but alot of the time it can still randomly freeze you. (This is when they are standing on the mb frozen pool) Then you are getting comboed.

Would like to hear a workaround.

Thanks.

I'd say just don't let up on the pressure with dashing in d3/f3/other options.
When he has the puddle out you could MBF3 to cancel it if he's charging trait, or sadly just wait it out from jump in range so you could remain enough of a threat that he doesn't do anything reckless like charge too long (don't let him do it full screen). Jump 3 into dive also knocks him off of the puddle but you have to be sure it'll land or its a punish obviously.

In the end his wakeup isn't good enough to deal with some of her oki options though so once Cheetah starts its hard for him to truly stop her. That and D2 has tons of recovery so if you bait it its also a free entry or even punish.

They both have their dirt in the matchup so thats why for me personally its a 5/5.

Osty

Noob
I'd say just don't let up on the pressure with dashing in d3/f3/other options.
When he has the puddle out you could MBF3 to cancel it if he's charging trait, or sadly just wait it out from jump in range so you could remain enough of a threat that he doesn't do anything reckless like charge too long (don't let him do it full screen). Jump 3 into dive also knocks him off of the puddle but you have to be sure it'll land or its a punish obviously.

In the end his wakeup isn't good enough to deal with some of her oki options though so once Cheetah starts its hard for him to truly stop her. That and D2 has tons of recovery so if you bait it its also a free entry or even punish.

They both have their dirt in the matchup so thats why for me personally its a 5/5.
Yeah, I was curious. I play on xbox and all the good players seem to be on ps4. I hover top 200, but this matchup I struggle with. Once I lose pressure... i feel like it is super hard to maintain it. Thanks for your input.

I like your list but you seem very optimistic. Batman I would say is 2-8, Superman 3-7. I don't see a good scarecrow or cw losing to cheetah as I have those at 4-6. Black Adam I have as 4-6 as well as he just needs to land 2 combos and you're done. Aquaman is also a pretty rough match-up if he knows all good options and abuses his range and plus frames and water shield...that one is 4-6 maybe 3-7

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
I'm pretty sure superman wins 6-4 tbh. The air lazer catching a ton of cheetah movement and his super solid backdash make it really hard for cheetah to start her game. That on top of the damage that cheetah takes if she takes chances with things like a jump in canceled into divebomb or whatever it's called and superman guesses right. Idk man, it feels pretty favorable

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I fixed up my personal Tier List in the first page and I got to say I'm pretty pleased with it lol ;)
I really like your list. Some things I'd put forward.

Aquaman - This is a 7-3 in his favour, sugar coat it as much as you want he has everything he needs to shut her down completely. His B1, a plus on block, hit confirmable combo starter; out ranges Cheetahs D3 and its her furthest reach normal. Not to mention his D2 just shutting down her forward movement options. Yes there are worlds where we bait out his d2s and whiff punish and we catch him miss-spacing with a d3 but the match-up is totally in his own hands.

Joker - I don't have too much experience but this might also be a 7-3 in favour of Joker, Godlike D2 (even shuts down batman) and his gas canisters are super annoying to get around. I don't disagree with your numbers but its a match-up to think about.

The Flash - I really can't see Cheetah winning this, its 5-5 or 6-4 in his favour. Cheetah has no choice but to go toe to toe with flash and he has the best mix in the game. Our wake-up against his F3 set-ups (especially in the corner) is a huge weakness. You said Harleys jump 2 shut down Cheetah but Flashes Jp1 (I think) does literally the same thing its busted active from start to finish.

Cheetah goes at least 5-5 with Catwoman if not wins the match-up (5.5/4.5) its super close. Especially when they know how to B3 jump ins.

Wonder Woman probably wins 6-4 too

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

Aquaman - This is a 7-3 in his favour, sugar coat it as much as you want he has everything he needs to shut her down completely. His B1, a plus on block, hit confirmable combo starter; out ranges Cheetahs D3 and its her furthest reach normal. Not to mention his D2 just shutting down her forward movement options. Yes there are worlds where we bait out his d2s and whiff punish and we catch him miss-spacing with a d3 but the match-up is totally in his own hands.

Joker - I don't have too much experience but this might also be a 7-3 in favour of Joker, Godlike D2 (even shuts down batman) and his gas canisters are super annoying to get around. I don't disagree with your numbers but its a match-up to think about.

The Flash - I really can't see Cheetah winning this, its 5-5 or 6-4 in his favour. Cheetah has no choice but to go toe to toe with flash and he has the best mix in the game. Our wake-up against his F3 set-ups (especially in the corner) is a huge weakness. You said Harleys jump 2 shut down Cheetah but Flashes Jp1 (I think) does literally the same thing its busted active from start to finish.

Cheetah goes at least 5-5 with Catwoman if not wins the match-up (5.5/4.5) its super close. Especially when they know how to B3 jump ins.

As far as both Flash and Wonderwoman, the fact that you could retreat the ENTIRE match and build meter from backdash cancelling pounce means that they have to approach her or make it so she always has full meter for bounce-cancelled huge damage from EVERYTHING she does. If they try to build meter themselves then they run the risk of being pounced on at any moment because you are buffering pounce anyway so if WW tries to whip or flash tries to faze then it's in Cheetah's best interest.

You really never have to play Flash's game. I understand that at any point he could corner drag you and go mix crazy, but in the neutral when Flash is in the approach of Cheetah, it's just MBF3 mixups all day.

For WW, you do need to bait out D2 or shield toss to get in, but once you are, like I mentioned before it's just a huge bounce-cancel fest so the WW player has to decide whether they want to go relentless rushdown vs Cheetah, or just risk Cheetah having full meter the entire match.

Joker IS a bad matchup, I'm glad you see that, but his wakeup options are ASS lol. If it wasn't for that I'd say it'd be worst, but he really is free on his wakeup.

Aquaman is uphill on paper, and it is probably Cheetah's worst 6-4 imo. But playing the MBF3 dash in game vs Aquaman is something he can't really avoid because he's very stiff. He is going to end up blocking a lot of F3 and every time he does, he has to guess just like everyone else. On oki his water shield is annoying, but it is still a mindgame whether he goes for it or not and oki on him is still very viable. His d2 is godlike, but like some other characters it has long'ish recovery, so baiting it means a free punish or at least a free mixup. Again, it's a bad MU for sure, but I've played the best Aquaman players a decent amount of times and I could tell you that it's nothing close to how the Batman MU is. It just takes a ton of patience.

And as far as Catwoman goes, if the Catwoman doesn't know how to abuse Cheetah's shortcomings then I'd even say that Cheetah wins. But if the CW knows that any pounce attempt is a MBCatdash and that her backdash is always a great option vs her it makes it so she has more opportunities than Cheetah does due to her being better at the grounded footsie game. I'd say this MU is actually 4.5/5.5 in CW's favor, it's not that bad compared to her other 4-6s at all.

EDIT: On second thought yea, it's way too close. I'm changing it to 5-5. On oki Cheetah is always safe vs her so it swayed me back.

Last edited:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
As far as both Flash and Wonderwoman, the fact that you could retreat the ENTIRE match and build meter from backdash cancelling pounce means that they have to approach her or make it so she always has full meter for bounce-cancelled huge damage from EVERYTHING she does. If they try to build meter themselves then they run the risk of being pounced on at any moment because you are buffering pounce anyway so if WW tries to whip or flash tries to faze then it's in Cheetah's best interest.

You really never have to play Flash's game. I understand that at any point he could corner drag you and go mix crazy, but in the neutral when Flash is in the approach of Cheetah, it's just MBF3 mixups all day.

For WW, you do need to bait out D2 or shield toss to get in, but once you are, like I mentioned before it's just a huge bounce-cancel fest so the WW player has to decide whether they want to go relentless rushdown vs Cheetah, or just risk Cheetah having full meter the entire match.

Joker IS a bad matchup, I'm glad you see that, but his wakeup options are ASS lol. If it wasn't for that I'd say it'd be worst, but he really is free on his wakeup.

Aquaman is uphill on paper, and it is probably Cheetah's worst 6-4 imo. But playing the MBF3 dash in game vs Aquaman is something he can't really avoid because he's very stiff. He is going to end up blocking a lot of F3 and every time he does, he has to guess just like everyone else. On oki his water shield is annoying, but it is still a mindgame whether he goes for it or not and oki on him is still very viable. His d2 is godlike, but like some other characters it has long'ish recovery, so baiting it means a free punish or at least a free mixup. Again, it's a bad MU for sure, but I've played the best Aquaman players a decent amount of times and I could tell you that it's nothing close to how the Batman MU is. It just takes a ton of patience.

And as far as Catwoman goes, if the Catwoman doesn't know how to abuse Cheetah's shortcomings then I'd even say that Cheetah wins. But if the CW knows that any pounce attempt is a MBCatdash and that her backdash is always a great option vs her it makes it so she has more opportunities than Cheetah does due to her being better at the grounded footsie game. I'd say this MU is actually 4.5/5.5 in CW's favor, it's not that bad compared to her other 4-6s at all.

EDIT: On second thought yea, it's way too close. I'm changing it to 5-5. On oki Cheetah is always safe vs her so it swayed me back.
Lots of people have different play styles so its good to have some solid stuff on here.

In regards to the flash match-up he can do exactly the same and getting any kind of pounce or jump against his D2 is being optimistic even when he is trying to build meter in RMS. I still think its 5-5 or 6-4 flash but I need to see it played more, they are both playing the same game but Flash is just far deadlier with stronger resets.

I don't understand your Aquaman analysis. She can't dash cancel pounce constantly because of FTD checks and she might get away with MB F3 but he can armor break with B1 and B1 out ranges any of her options. It's not close to the batman MU (why I think it is 8-2) but I don't think its too far-fetched to call it 7-3.

WoWo is an interesting one, she is the master of space control and does massive damage from a 6 frame punish (cheetahs d3) and through her B1 gap. If you jump on her you need to be damn sure you don't beat out her d1 because she will hurt.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Lots of people have different play styles so its good to have some solid stuff on here.

In regards to the flash match-up he can do exactly the same and getting any kind of pounce or jump against his D2 is being optimistic even when he is trying to build meter in RMS. I still think its 5-5 or 6-4 flash but I need to see it played more, they are both playing the same game but Flash is just far deadlier with stronger resets.

I don't understand your Aquaman analysis. She can't dash cancel pounce constantly because of FTD checks and she might get away with MB F3 but he can armor break with B1 and B1 out ranges any of her options. It's not close to the batman MU (why I think it is 8-2) but I don't think its too far-fetched to call it 7-3.

WoWo is an interesting one, she is the master of space control and does massive damage from a 6 frame punish (cheetahs d3) and through her B1 gap. If you jump on her you need to be damn sure you don't beat out her d1 because she will hurt.
For Flash, you could seriously make it so he doesn't start his game at all. I compare it to the Scarecrow matchup because they will both try to go for their far reaching normals but you seriously don't need to be nowhere near for them to even start. Offense begins on Cheetah's terms only and if it doesn't work out for her, she could just backdash out and run away building meter again. You should never just pounce in on him because there is literally no reason to. It's not like he has a projectile he is planning on throwing. In general I don't really pounce in randomly unless I read an action or if I've baited enough D2s with short pounces that they are scared to D2 or air-to-air.

There are some matches I have vs Flash mains where they make first damage until their second health bar (and then they have the possibility of coming back if its mix-time though lol). But I'm telling you man, it really isn't good for him. I could only imagine the frustration for the Flash players actually. I wish I could show you how annoying it is for him.

My matches vs Flash, WoWo, and Scarecrow shamelessly run out until less than 100 seconds on the clock from all my running and meter building.

And vs Aquaman, it's all about baiting actions and punishing him for them. Sure B1 outranges her, but it's dangerous for him to throw it out at max range because of the fear of MBF3. The real annoying part of the matchup is when he instead goes for D1xxTridentRush buffers to stop dash in entries because even if blocked he is doing good damage. Her dash recovers fast enough that you could block after dashing in, MBF3, insta-divebomb over B1, or backdash immediately to bait the B1 string. If he blocks MBF3 then he has to eat a mixup attempt. Dashing in at good ranges is the entire match. The distance that is most preferable is right outside of his D1 range because the only thing he could do from there is B1 or D2 which both could be MBf3'd. You could use the fear of the MBF3 to go go B2, raw command grab, d3, or 2 if it reaches. What really helps is that his movement is ass. Again, its definitely not free, but I'm serious when I say that it'd be hard for me to say it's a 3-7.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I admire your optimism but I disagree with a lot of this:

Atro- I think Atro beats her. He outfootsies her and with trait can punish any attempt to lunge into a full combo. On knockdown she can mix but she still has to respect the vomit wakeups so it isn't free. It's not a terrible matchup for her but I still feel that she is at a disadvantage.

Aquaman- I don't see this at all. Aqua completely outfootsies her and she has no real way to deal with FTD checks. D2 stops most lunge attempts and his trait makes her mixup game not as dangerous. He also has wakeups to deal with her oki. This is definitely at least 6-4 in his favor imo.

Captain Cold- This is one of the few matchups he does really well in. His EX puddle is hard for her to get around because any attempt to get around it will get d2'd. He can basically charge trait for free and he will know when you are going to lunge or f3 and can react in time to block and/or d2. As much as I hate playing Cold I can fully admit that with his trait he becomes beastly. Since he can charge trait for free in this matchup I would say it is definitely in his favor.

Black Adam- I don't think BA has any real bad matchups, especially Cheetah. He outfootsies you and can easily check your lunges with divekicks of his own. Trap is also really good in this matchup to defend from random f3s and lunges. He hits harder, has better range, and way better options. Cheetah has options but she still is at a disadvantage like most of the cast is.

Doctor Fate- Yes if he plays mindlessly her lunge eats him up, but a good Fate will know that and will be more cautious and play more of a mid game. His MB orbs can prevent reckless lunges and F3s as well as ankhs. His wakeup also beats a lot of her mix options. There is an argument for 6-4 her favor but 7-3 is way too much.

Blue Beetle- I think his air control and zoning make it really hard for her to get anything going. Her main aerial control tools are shut down by smart air fireballs and flys. His wakeup also shuts most of her oki down and he can throw shield out in neutral a lot because she can't really contest him for doing it other than trying to make it whiff. I think this is in his favor for sure.

Catwoman- Cheetah has no real ways to deal with j2, which to me makes this at most even. I will say Cheetah probably does outfootsie her and make it harder for catwoman to get her mix going. But I can't see her beating Catwoman.

Scarecrow- Chongo already explained it well. She can't lunge and gets outfootsied in the neutral.

Supes- Doesn't f23 go over sweep attempts? If so I don't see how this isn't 6-4 in his favor as he can pressure her really well with no real risk. If sweep beats out f23 attempts I could see this being 5-5 though. I'd check myself but im not near a console right now.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

BTW I just saw your vs Aquaman video on your Youtube channel. If I'd have to say one thing that I noticed immediately is that you respect TentacleStrike WAAAAAY too much. If you block one you get a free dash forward and there really isn't a reason to just not be walking foward constantly. It's possible to react to any motion he does that isn't just walking back or crouching. You have to disrespect it to close the distance and make him do it on your terms. If you inch foward super slowly then you are literally giving him the pacing and space control of the entire match and floor.

Block TentacleStrike
Free Dash into block
Did he Tentacle Strike again? Dash Forward again if you end up at a good range
Did he do nothing? Walk forward and make him do it again. Walk fearlessly.

This is how you get into the ranges you need to get into and this is how YOU dictate the pace of the battle. Again, even if you are dictating the pace, his tools beat yours but it's not a complete moping because he eventually does have to guess a few times just like everyone else.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
BTW I just love how when everyone is talking about MUs vs Cheetah that you always here:

"Well she loses because his D2 is good and he outranges her."

That's like every character. There is much more to Cheetah's game besides jumping around like a loon lmao. She WANTS you to do your midrange options on her. It's her grounded gameplan to force you into using your midrange and far range options so she could bait them with armor and low profile D3 and it's her half-screen to full screen gameplan to bait out your D2. Just having those options doesn't mean you win vs Cheetah.

Not to say that Cheetah doesn't lose to a number of characters that have strong D2s and/or footsie tools, but still.

EDIT: If anyone wants to run a set just hit up my PSN with a message btw.

Last edited:

kcd117

Noob
I admire your optimism but I disagree with a lot of this:

Atro- I think Atro beats her. He outfootsies her and with trait can punish any attempt to lunge into a full combo. On knockdown she can mix but she still has to respect the vomit wakeups so it isn't free. It's not a terrible matchup for her but I still feel that she is at a disadvantage.

Aquaman- I don't see this at all. Aqua completely outfootsies her and she has no real way to deal with FTD checks. D2 stops most lunge attempts and his trait makes her mixup game not as dangerous. He also has wakeups to deal with her oki. This is definitely at least 6-4 in his favor imo.

Captain Cold- This is one of the few matchups he does really well in. His EX puddle is hard for her to get around because any attempt to get around it will get d2'd. He can basically charge trait for free and he will know when you are going to lunge or f3 and can react in time to block and/or d2. As much as I hate playing Cold I can fully admit that with his trait he becomes beastly. Since he can charge trait for free in this matchup I would say it is definitely in his favor.

Black Adam- I don't think BA has any real bad matchups, especially Cheetah. He outfootsies you and can easily check your lunges with divekicks of his own. Trap is also really good in this matchup to defend from random f3s and lunges. He hits harder, has better range, and way better options. Cheetah has options but she still is at a disadvantage like most of the cast is.

Doctor Fate- Yes if he plays mindlessly her lunge eats him up, but a good Fate will know that and will be more cautious and play more of a mid game. His MB orbs can prevent reckless lunges and F3s as well as ankhs. His wakeup also beats a lot of her mix options. There is an argument for 6-4 her favor but 7-3 is way too much.

Blue Beetle- I think his air control and zoning make it really hard for her to get anything going. Her main aerial control tools are shut down by smart air fireballs and flys. His wakeup also shuts most of her oki down and he can throw shield out in neutral a lot because she can't really contest him for doing it other than trying to make it whiff. I think this is in his favor for sure.

Catwoman- Cheetah has no real ways to deal with j2, which to me makes this at most even. I will say Cheetah probably does outfootsie her and make it harder for catwoman to get her mix going. But I can't see her beating Catwoman.

Scarecrow- Chongo already explained it well. She can't lunge and gets outfootsied in the neutral.

Supes- Doesn't f23 go over sweep attempts? If so I don't see how this isn't 6-4 in his favor as he can pressure her really well with no real risk. If sweep beats out f23 attempts I could see this being 5-5 though. I'd check myself but im not near a console right now.
Low profiling superman's f23 with sweep is very inconsistent. It works like, 30% of the time, and even when it works it whiffs very often on his floaty hitbox. When you start low profiling him with lunges you can still get caught sometimes, and if he baits it you take a lot more dmg than you would do if you happen to make the right read with the lunge. Once he is down he you can't really pressure him, his rising grab makes f3 whiff or beats it, if you mb it it whiffs, d3 gets beat by flying punch, and if he has a bar of meter it can also beat mbf3, and if you start baiting it he can just backdash on wakeup. That's the only matchup where I feel like cheetah never has any real advantage. She can't compete in footsies, she can't pressure him, she can't anti air him, she can't really deal with his pressure without risky stuff and he can break armor very easily. This for me is her second worst matchup.

Zoidberg747

BTW I just love how when everyone is talking about MUs vs Cheetah that you always here:

That's like every character. There is much more to Cheetah's game besides jumping around like a loon lmao. She WANTS you to do your midrange options on her. It's her grounded gameplan to force you into using your midrange and far range options so she could bait them with armor and low profile D3 and it's her half-screen to full screen gameplan to bait out your D2. Just having those options doesn't mean you win vs Cheetah.

It's not a matter of baiting a D2 though. If you do a full lunge someone can react and D2 to punish you. If you do the short lunge those familiar with her will increase the distance again. She isn't a threat at full to midscreen so there's no reason to do anything but bait her moves yourself. I agree people sell her short but characters with a great d2 will give her trouble.

kcd117

Noob

100% agree with you here, I only use lunges to bait d2s and punish or start my pressure. Once you make your opponent afraid of anti airing you, you can start flying arround a bit so they keep looking for it, and start to use the lunge mindgames. The threat of the tool is way better than the tool itself in this situation. If you are being too obvious with your lunges even poison ivy is gonna start to d2 you.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
It's not a matter of baiting a D2 though. If you do a full lunge someone can react and D2 to punish you. If you do the short lunge those familiar with her will increase the distance again. She isn't a threat at full to midscreen so there's no reason to do anything but bait her moves yourself. I agree people sell her short but characters with a great d2 will give her trouble.
Matches against characters with good D2s you shouldn't be pouncing full screen ever unless you realize that you are going for a hard read on something. And if you increase the distance toward the corner then she's doing her job. I'm telling you man, it really isn't that hard to just not jump as her and still get amazing success or win MUs. She's a lot like Makoto from SF4 when it comes to her dash-in game which many people truly underestimate or dont even consider.

Zoidberg747

Matches against characters with good D2s you shouldn't be pouncing full screen ever. And if you increase the distance toward the corner then she's doing her job. I'm telling you man, it really isn't that hard to just not jump as her and still get amazing success or win MUs. She's a lot like Makoto run SF4 when it comes to her dash-in game which many people truly underestimate or dont even consider.
I get what you're saying and partially agree. Her dash game is amazing and one of the best in the game. But against characters with great footsie tools her dashing isn't as effective which is what makes beating her in neutral tools that much more effective. Just having a good d2 isn't enough to beat her for the reasons you described, but having tools that can control space and stop her advancements are certainly disadvantages for her.

Keep in mind though i'm not trying to say i'm 100% correct or an authority on these matchups. I'm just giving my thoughts and opinions. I could be underestimating her in some matchups.

RevetLeafing

Tanya, Tanqui, and Kaprisun Specialist
Me and Yung monster run the Cheetah vs wonderwoman mu offline everyday. It'd definitely in her favor. Her uppercut is one of the best in the game, her projectile can't be punished by Cheetah because of short limbs. She out ranges her, Cheetahs only hope is to mb role in or take the risk lunging may but even that would be hard as wonderwoman can throw her shield in many different angles. A whiffed shield is also cheetahs way of getting in as she can blood lunge and catch the whiff. Not to Mention Wonder Woman godlike wakeups

Wigy

There it is...

As a joker player, his neutral is so bad that cheetah can bully him with d3, hes unbelievably free to cheetah on knockdown. I dont think you can jump all over him but its probably a matchup where you can sorta try play pseudo footsies which is rare for cheetah

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Captain Cold totally destroys Cheetah. It's easy for him to get trait and once he has level 2 the match is over.

I also can't see how she beats BA when he outfootsies her so hard and he has great answers to leap.

RevetLeafing

Tanya, Tanqui, and Kaprisun Specialist
I agree with Ivy. Stupid match.

Never really ran it with canary tho. Can you explain that one?
Canary vs Cheetah mu is very fun as both are forced to fight up close. I use Canary as a secondary and I think she's an unsafe version of Cheetah. They both have good mobility. Mixups, damage, etc.

As far as the mu goes it goes down to who is going to mix each other up the best. Canary can try to Lvl 3 pounce with scream but one it's gone,, it's gone. Cheetah gets in on Black Canary easily as they are both no zoners. We all know you don't wnat Cheetah in your face. Sure you don't want black Canary in your face either but if it came down to it. Cheetah would out damage her and has more. Plus frames, better sweep, godlike f3