What's new

Strategy Charge Cancelling Discussion (now with poll)

Should Bane have a charge cancel?

• Yes

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 49 70.0%

• Total voters

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Thread now with Poll. I refrained from putting "uncertain" or "yes but only if..." as answers. Yes or no. Support your answers.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
If he had one how it is implememnted will make all the difference on weather or not it is a good addition.

I'd be fine with it if you could cancel from start up until he actually starts moving, too late and you finish the move. I'm on the fence about it potentially cancelling into specials. If it did it could be a useful mind game but also may be a detrement as many players will still avoid what you do after on a guess and astute ones will still block what you follow with and potentially punish due to Banes slower attacks and very generous punishment window. I don't think it would "break him" because he still has to chase down the majority of the cast and still has slower normals than the majority as well. And oh yeah, is usually more than likely to be punished at some point for using trait :(

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Charge cancelling is overkill. If you're whipping out fullscreen charge without a VERY good reason, Bane is not for you.
Fix the others' projectiles and call it a day.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
NRS should be very careful about how they buff Bane.

He coud easily become top 10 with just a few tweaks to things that were never an issue in the first place, we'll have to wait and see.

If it can be canceled into air grab that would be a nice addition for bane, and it would be a breath of fresh air to have another big character in the discussion of good characters, especially a grappler . If the charge cancel was actually an input for a charge fake that would be OK.characters like g.l with the gatlin and night wing Wingdings would still have ways around it, but bane would have new options to get in and play the battle.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
So you think having another kabal is a good idea? Let alone his insane damage and wakeup destroying, let him cancel a move that can be armored and advances him?

I don't play bane, but he has been on the low end for quite some time, might as well make him slightly too good then nerf him later. And I suppose that would be good enough for a universal slight damage nerf since he can more safely get in.

Dash cancel on startup to offer mind games at full screen. Right now you just stand there until bane breaks mid screen or he charges.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
I voted no, i don't see how it could help us in the grand scheme of things considering the charges startup, and the fact we already have a godlike dash.

regardless, i don't see the point in debating right now, Bane's changes should be revealed any day now so we may as well save all this for after.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Either make it cancel, but remove armor and make it parriable again, or leave it as is. But since there's no such policy as renormalizing, most likely it'll remain the way it is.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
One possibility is to allow him to cancel the charge, but not into anything; it'd just stop the charge, and then he could do something else after a short recovery period. That'd allow him some mindgames for getting in, without him becoming some kind of unstoppable broken pressure monster.

But it might still be too much, who knows. Have to see what his other buffs are.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
He doesn't need a charge cancel. The characters that avoid charge easiest are the ones that have air dashes or can fly. Cancelling won't help against them.

If they're going to do major changes to charge, it'd be better if Bane could just hold it like Flash's and maybe give him projectile invincibility or something while he holds it. But he can't cancel and has to let it go or it goes by itself after a certain amount of time. That way, he can do it mid-range and sort of make the opponent respect it by holding it and punishing the jump.

Or make it so that you can MB the charge at the beginning so it bypasses the flex animation and makes it startup faster. Maybe even make him run a bit faster.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Why does he even need a charge cancel, he doesn't even need the charge itself to get in.
cat dash cancels actually make more sense

NurzBenny

Old Member
One possibility is to allow him to cancel the charge, but not into anything; it'd just stop the charge, and then he could do something else after a short recovery period. That'd allow him some mindgames for getting in, without him becoming some kind of unstoppable broken pressure monster.

This. It doesn't have to be this all or nothing situation. Make it able to stop, and that's it.

You guys know you can Level 3 venom, hold f2 to be immune to projectiles and dash cancel it. You already have what your asking for. A way to get in against zoning. You just need good execution for it.

Charge canceling is just stupid, justified by the top tiers having stupid stuff but it doesn't cancel out, it just adds to the stupid ball.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
You guys know you can Level 3 venom, hold f2 to be immune to projectiles and dash cancel it. You already have what your asking for. A way to get in against zoning. You just need good execution for it.

Charge canceling is just stupid, justified by the top tiers having stupid stuff but it doesn't cancel out, it just adds to the stupid ball.
Yes, everyone knows but we'd prefer an option that doesn't require us to take 50% extra damage after 6 seconds