What's new

Characters that are calling for you to main them.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
The moment the leak list came out I knew I was all aboard the Cheetah train. I prayed she would be a weird Mileena/Tanya hybrid and my wish came true!!! Who am I to look a gift cat in the mouth?

I'm very excited to try Ivy out, as well, but I'm definitely not a zoner or keepaway player by nature so it'll be more of a stretch.

Captain Cold also looks like a lot of fun. I will give him a spin, especially if my husband Wentworth Miller appears as a CW tie-in premier skin.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
Brainiac and Grodd are two characters that have caught my eye, rather unexpectedly. Going in, I thought I'd main Bane and Joker again, but now I'm all over the place. It's going to be very hard narrowing my list down to two characters to main going forward.

I'm leaning towards either Bane and Brainiac or Joker and Brainiac, but Grodd is definitely in the mix. Probably going to have to lab/ladder all of them for a couple of weeks before I really decide.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
For Zooning - Firestorm , DeadShot
For Rush / Pressure / Grappling - Flash , Bane , Blue Beetlle .
For Traps / Mix / Strategies - Cold , Scarecrow .

Waiting Dlc's reveal to pick 2 or 4 chars to lab.

Noob
I hate pre playing picking mains. I always end up disappointed when it gets closer to the time I can start playing and then not being happy with the people I pick. I was 100% in on Swamp Thang. Purely because I like the character. Now I am on the Robin train because he seems to be a real cocky dick. But I have eyes for Harley too. And the Joker is also one of my favorite characters. So by tomorrow when the game launches here I may have a hard time picking somebody to take up. Especially since I have one week to get ready for an Injustice Cup tournament. I have no time to waste. And maters are made worse since I also just started liking Firestorm. And that is purely because the flat design of his head is so ugly it stands out to me.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Are there any characters that you didn't care for but upon seeing them you feel like you have to play and possibly main them?

I just recently started to get into DC and learning about the characters so I didn't have a main coming into Inj 2 and didn't care for injustice 1 because I've always been into marvel more until injustice 2 reveal.

I was excited for Gorilla Grodd and Robin and thought I'd main one of them, until I saw Firestorm.

I knew nothing about Firestorm before injustice and still don't really know much about him or really care for him, but every time I see him in game I can just feel it that he'll be my main. I thought scarecrow, Ivy, CC or brainiac would change my mind but nope.

Anyone have a similar experience in seeing a character you didn't think you'd care about and suddenly want to play/main them? If so please share and say why you think that is.

Also would like to know how you guys decide a main before the games release?
The only thing Marvel does better is make movies. DC has way more depth. FFS Marvel ripped Dead Pool straight from Deathstroke...down to his real name.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Black Canary.

I could not tell you why. She is not my type in any usual way.
But she's gonna be it. Especially if Swamp Thing remains booty tier.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
All Brainiac all the way. The fact that his alternate colors and gear moves all reference Lex is just the icing on a very tasty cake.

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
Playing Scarecrow exclusively online and labbing him 80% of the time. Atrocitus keeps drawing me in though - that character is so much fun in the lab that I'm going to be taking him online soon to feel him out competitively. I thought Poison Ivy or Captain Cold were going to be my shit because I mained Killer Frost in IGAU, but I don't really click with either.

I'm crossing my fingers for Starfire though - most excited to play her, but honestly don't know how well I'll vibe with her.

Vithar

Evil but Honest!
Most of the time people with such characters perform way better than if they pick a top or a pseudo top tier.
The feeling when something suits you is amazing.

Wam-Zlay

Reptile / Noob
Also would like to know how you guys decide a main before the games release?
Well for me it is like this :
1. it has to be an animal or animallike character (if there is)
2. Prefered a Reptilan or amphibian
4. if not take someone dark or with ice elemental skills
3. If there is no char like that -> dont play the game

Gorilla Grodd => fits perfect tyvm