What's new

Characters that are calling for you to main them.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Are there any characters that you didn't care for but upon seeing them you feel like you have to play and possibly main them?

I just recently started to get into DC and learning about the characters so I didn't have a main coming into Inj 2 and didn't care for injustice 1 because I've always been into marvel more until injustice 2 reveal.

I was excited for Gorilla Grodd and Robin and thought I'd main one of them, until I saw Firestorm.

I knew nothing about Firestorm before injustice and still don't really know much about him or really care for him, but every time I see him in game I can just feel it that he'll be my main. I thought scarecrow, Ivy, CC or brainiac would change my mind but nope.

Anyone have a similar experience in seeing a character you didn't think you'd care about and suddenly want to play/main them? If so please share and say why you think that is.

Also would like to know how you guys decide a main before the games release?

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
I was always excited for Cold & Arrow but for me their design is an important part. I really like the way Cold looks in this game. Also, he and GA are two of my favorite DC characters so it was really no competition with the rest of the cast.

Now I just have to decide between the two, but won't know for sure till I test them both. Usually, for any fighting game, I only play characters that I'm actually a fan of.

MisguidedAngel

Greetings, Mortal
Cold and Brainiac for day 1.

Thought I'd pick up Bane again, but after going back to I1, I've changed a lot as a gamer since and want more than Bane offers lol.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I was always excited for Cold & Arrow but for me their design is an important part. I really like the way Cold looks in this game. Also, he and GA are two of my favorite DC characters so it was really no competition with the rest of the cast.
Agree with the design part, I loved Kotal Kahns design in MKX which is why I stuck with him as my main. But he was a new character, do you prefer already established?

Definitely Cyborg. Loved the character in the teen titans show, so seeing him in injustice 2 is pretty awesome. Blue beetle is a close second, never had much interest in the character until I saw his walk speed and playstyle.

Thingy

Retired account
I actually never thought I would be interested in playing Grodd, but after his reveal I will be putting in a lot of time into him in week one as a replacement for Catwoman...who I no longer have an interest in playing.

I plan on maining Deadshot, but in reality I never "main" anyone. I usually have a rotation of 4 or 5 characters in every NRS game. Grodd definitely will make the cut.

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
The only two I had to try originally was Deadshot and Robin. But after watching Captain Cold and liking his gameplay and cockiness he's definitely made the list.

Captain Cold. But I've played a zoner for the last two NRS games (Lex and SF Sonya), so I'm kinda leaning towards a rushdown character this time to switch things up.

So Grodd or Cheetah look like solid characters I'd like to main, but defo co-maining Cold

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Batman will definitely be my day 1 character as I'd always planned, he's my favorite character from any form of fiction period. Batman, Robin, Deadshot, and Doctor Fate are all main potential though. Will play at least 2 of those characters.

WATCHD0G

Noob
I actually never thought I would be interested in playing Grodd, but after his reveal I will be putting in a lot of time into him in week one as a replacement for Catwoman...who I no longer have an interest in playing.

I plan on maining Deadshot, but in reality I never "main" anyone. I usually have a rotation of 4 or 5 characters in every NRS game. Grodd definitely will make the cut.
yup having a single is never a good idea. gotta cover your bassis. I'm was gonna go with deadshot too but after seeing Ivy I think I'll go with her for zoning as well as rush down.

you're right though grodd looks fun as hell

Last edited:
I think Grodd is going to be especially alluring.

It looks like we're gonna have a lot of zoning like the original game which is great. But after a long time of play.ing.. you just want to... YEAAAARGGGHBFUCKYOURPROJECTILESHITTTTTT

Grodd scratches that itch.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Been hyped as fuck for Brainiac if this past couple month's avatar didn't make that obvious, then the Brainiac trailer dropped on my birthday, AND there was snippets of his gameplay and everything I wanted was there

So yeah Brainiac is singing his siren's song for me

Poison Ivy and Scarecrow are the two newbies I'm just dying to play right now but I've expressed interest in more than a few characters. I love the current roster and I'll be giving everyone their fair shake come May.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Agree with the design part, I loved Kotal Kahns design in MKX which is why I stuck with him as my main. But he was a new character, do you prefer already established?
Yeah, Kotal looked awesome. New characters are cool too. Takeda and Erron really caught my interest when revealed but just didn't feel right when I tried them out.

Slymind

Noob
The three traits i look out for a character in order of importance:

Gameplay
Design(looks)
Pesonality

Im torn between Swamp, Fate, Robin and Cyborg(if they update him nicely from the first game).