What's new

Character Types

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
Hey guys was curious what you guys think as a PRIMARY role for each character (grappler, zoner, rushdown etc). I'm a lot of characters are a mix but I'd like to have a good idea. So far I'm thinking:

• Zoner/Strong poke game
  • Grappler/Brawler
  • Hybrid primary Rushdown?
  • Hybrid
  • Rushdown
  • Zoner
  • Zoner/Hybrid
  • Brawler/Rushdown, Grappler, Strong Armors.
  • Rushdown
  • Rushdown/zoner
  • Rushdown/Hybrid
  • Rushdown/Mobile (Hard one but based on BA vid, she was used as RD, good mobility)
  • Hybrid/Technical (A lot of zoning tools, hard to call Zoner though)
  • Zoner/Brawler, really nice armors.
  • Rushdown
  • Rushdown
  • Zoner
  • Mid screen zoner like Ermac/Rushdown
  • Zoner
  • Grundy= Grappler
  • Superman = Hybrid/Brawler
  • Wonder woman = Rushdown
  • Thx for the input: Juggs, Randomdude, Ryx, Kombatnerd, Joker8417

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aquaman = Zoner, also good pokes

Shazam = Rushdown

Black Adam = Zoner

Lex = Zoner, Grappler, Rushdown, Tehnical, Basically my main

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'd classify Aquaman as much more of a footsies character like MBison and Chun Li. Especially by the footage today.

Green Lantern also falls into this "footsies" category of character. Being a zoner and being effective because you have great mid range normals that cancel into safe specials are two totally different things.

Also Joker and another villain (hint hint) were confirmed to be a zoners by Arturo Sanchez on twitter.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I really see Deathstroke as the Kabal of this game, with a healthy mix of strong zoning and above-average close-combat skills.

Macdaddy

Doomsday is not a grappler.

I think he and Supes would fall better under brawler.
Watching the doomsday vs shazam video I agree that he is probably more a brawler actually yes with all the armors/shoulder charge. However he seems to have an AA grab and I feel like he will probably have more.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm wondering how similar Aquaman's water shield will be to Lao's spin, considering it negates both ranged and melee attacks and damages the opponent on contact. I'm hoping it doesn't end up being a Lao spin that negates projectiles...

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Aquaman has Ground Spikes and a Trident Projectile with push back... Sound Familiar??
Did you see the recovery on his trident throw :confused:?

Just because someone has a projectile doesn't mean it's their strongsuit. The ground spike I heard was most effective because it could anti-air from anywhere on the field. I honestly think his best tool was the hundred-hand-stabs that Arturo was using in the stream today. In any 2D fighting game of this type having a character that could cancel midrange pokes into a safe/damaging special is really specific fighting style.

Neclord

Noob
I would say Hawkgirl is rushdown, because she has a melee weapon. She wants to get in to do some mace to the face action. =D
Her flight will probably help her to get around the projectile characters.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Did you see the recovery on his trident throw :confused:?

Just because someone has a projectile doesn't mean it's their strongsuit. The ground spike I heard was most effective because it could anti-air from anywhere on the field. I honestly think his best tool was the hundred-hand-stabs that Arturo was using in the stream today. In any 2D fighting game of this type having a character that could cancel midrange pokes into a safe/damaging special is really specific fighting style.
I'll see it again.. I know that having a projectile doesn't mean it's his best feature. I just remember seeing the pushback on block and thinking of how much of a pain it will be to play against him kombined with his long range and Spikes.

He looks good from Far to Mid Range. Reminding me of Kitana/Freddy hybrid.. Almost Kenshi like with that water reflect/absorption thing.

Macdaddy

I would say Hawkgirl is rushdown, because she has a melee weapon. She wants to get in to do some mace to the face action. =D
Her flight will probably help her to get around the projectile characters.
Literally just put her as RD before you stated that. Rewatched her BA with Arrow, although she didnt use a lot of specials in the fight, the player used her mainly as RD and she had great mobility skills, quick flight dashes.