What's new

Character Types

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Circus it was safe because it got pushblocked.

21:00 in this video
Those hundred-hand stabs are definitely safe. He push blocks it the third time because he found it annoying lol. It's just like Chun Li's kicks in SFxT. It puts you in a situation where if you jump you are asking to get anti-aired, you are too far for any reliable fast pokes (unless your character actually does excel from this range), and if you just turtle up that is exactly what he wants. It's a really powerful tool.

!

Ares is a zoner with a teleport supposedly.

Joker is defensive, he has a parry and his teeth things act as a bit of a trap supposedly.
Yea, Joker is a zoner from the start, but the more he parries the better his jump arc and his movement speed get. I really want to see how those teeth work though. I see it possibly as one of his more important tools that we haven't seen too much of.

Yea, Joker is a zoner from the start, but the more he parries the better his jump arc and his movement speed get. I really want to see how those teeth work though. I see it possibly as one of his more important tools that we haven't seen too much of.
From what I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong, but Joker basically sets his teeth on the ground and if walked into/landed on they pop up. If this is true then he seems very similar to Sub Zero in a way with his so to speak ice clone, slow gun, and long range normals

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
OMG BLACK ADAM ISN'T A ZONER! Colt has already said it. Hector has already said it. Why is this thought still in your heads?

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
OMG BLACK ADAM ISN'T A ZONER! Colt has already said it. Hector has already said it. Why is this thought still in your heads?
I initially didn't think he was a zoner but I've heard hector refer to him as one a couple times. That and lightning attacks, but im not sure, if hes anything like rain and aint no zoner haha

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I initially didn't think he was a zoner but I've heard hector refer to him as one a couple times. That and lightning attacks, but im not sure, if hes anything like rain and aint no zoner haha
Nah man, I've seen the video lol. He isn't a zoner just because of one good projectile dude. Zoners don't need dive kicks either, and also Colt just corrected Hector in the Black Adam vs. Raven thread by saying neither one of the characters are zoners and Hector agreed by saying they have zoning capabilities, but aren't zoners.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Apparently if you have a projectile you are a zoner in some people's mind LOL
I'm not going to lie, the bolt looks GAWLIKE. However it looks more like a counter-zoning tool than just a zoning tool. That combined with a trait that absorbs projectiles and a divekick, I think it is fair to say that he isn't trying to zone.

Macdaddy

You may be right. He does seem like a hybrid, and doesnt seem to have many keep away tools, just a dive kick which is pretty counter productive for a zoner.

Treadmill

Warrior
I'm not going to lie, the bolt looks GAWLIKE. However it looks more like a counter-zoning tool than just a zoning tool. That combined with a trait that absorbs projectiles and a divekick, I think it is fair to say that he isn't trying to zone.
Bolt looks very smoke bomb like.

Basically a heavy rushdown character that has some grappler qualities...well kind of lol. For this game...just think about what Sheeva should've been.
So the difference between fx. Catwoman and Superman would be that Catwoman have more tools to get close to opponent where superman have fewer tools but once in close, deals alot of dmg over a very short amount of time ?

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
What the definition on a brawler type character ??
Armor, Armor, and more Armor... aside from that, slower normals, shorter strings, but MASSIVE damage. They should be incredibly difficult for frame trap characters (Flash, Nightwing) to deal with. Also depending on how the brawlers deal with zoners, they can potentially be the best character type in the game.

Edit: I'm biased as shit because I'm going to main Doomsday, so take that last sentence with a grain of salt

Macdaddy

Yeah I was gonna say that, for a NRS game I feel they are sorta defined by armor. And correct me if im wrong but IGAU will have true damage trades? In which case brawlers will get the better of.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
So the difference between fx. Catwoman and Superman would be that Catwoman have more tools to get close to opponent where superman have fewer tools but once in close, deals alot of dmg over a very short amount of time ?
That plus as Fractured mentioned, lotsa armor lol.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah I was gonna say that, for a NRS game I feel they are sorta defined by armor. And correct me if im wrong but IGAU will have true damage trades? In which case brawlers will get the better of.
Yeah they have trades in this one.

Fractured_Shadow

Yeah they have trades in this one.
This alone has me skeptical of frame trap characters and made me switch my main from Flash to Doomsday. The more I'm watching about Injustice, the more I'm realizing that IOT be successful I will need a good roster and will need a good variety (Zoner, Brawler, Frame Trap) to deal with other characters.... I'm kinda predicting a bunch of 7-3 MU's right off rip. I'm really hoping for no S+ tier and a large A+ tier. Counter picking for days :p

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
This alone has me skeptical of frame trap characters and made me switch my main from Flash to Doomsday. The more I'm watching about Injustice, the more I'm realizing that IOT be successful I will need a good roster and will need a good variety (Zoner, Brawler, Frame Trap) to deal with other characters.... I'm kinda predicting a bunch of 7-3 MU's right off rip. I'm really hoping for no S+ tier and a large A+ tier. Counter picking for days :p
I'm hoping for something more along the lines with the game not being heavily MU based at all. However, with so many characters it probably won't be the case lol.

Fractured_Shadow

I'm hoping for something more along the lines with the game not being heavily MU based at all. However, with so many characters it probably won't be the case lol.
It's not so much the amount of characters as it is the amount of different play styles. From what I've seen there will be FrameTrap/ Rushdown, Grappler, Brawler, Zoner, and Anti-Zoner/Spacing Character.

Rushdown/FrameTrap > Anti-Zoner, some Zoners depending
Grappler > Anti Zoner, Rushdown/FrameTrap
Brawler > FrameTrap/Rushdown, Some Zoners depending, Grappler
Anti-Zoner/Spacing > Zoning, Brawler

Obviously everything is subject to specific moveset, armor, i.e if Doomsday can control his sky drop and isn't -12552 than he could eat some zoners, but I feel that for the most part this is what we will see

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
It's not so much the amount of characters as it is the amount of different play styles. From what I've seen there will be FrameTrap/ Rushdown, Grappler, Brawler, Zoner, and Anti-Zoner/Spacing Character.

Rushdown/FrameTrap > Anti-Zoner, some Zoners depending
Grappler > Anti Zoner, Rushdown/FrameTrap
Brawler > FrameTrap/Rushdown, Some Zoners depending, Grappler
Anti-Zoner/Spacing > Zoning, Brawler

Obviously everything is subject to specific moveset, armor, i.e if Doomsday can control his sky drop and isn't -12552 than he could eat some zoners, but I feel that for the most part this is what we will see
Well what gives me hope for it is that they seem to give characters tools to deal with their weakness, not to the point they aren't weaknesses anymore, but they help. I think we are saying the same thing different ways here though, basically I was getting at that due to just all the different characters that are all unique and have their own playstyle...some are just bound to beat others.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
From what I've heard, correct me if I'm wrong, but Joker basically sets his teeth on the ground and if walked into/landed on they pop up. If this is true then he seems very similar to Sub Zero in a way with his so to speak ice clone, slow gun, and long range normals
That sounds really cool. I hope your right. A not-as-good ice clone but you could throw it in three distances.... that sounds like a pretty cool concept for a character alongside some zoning tools.