Votes: 94 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 17.4%
  • Not enough time yet to decide

Votes: 44 26.3%

• Total voters

EGGXI

Scary Bat
To those demanding that Bane shouldn't have a 'weak' side to his trait, you are having a laugh. At full Venom his damage output is ridiculous, if it really bugs you just don't use it until near the end of the match, or if your opponent is wide open. I mean honestly it has no start up time! Sometimes you can use it mid-combo! If you can't deal with damage nerf/defense nerf after it, don't use it.

PIg has a point but his agenda is wrong.
hes a self fish man who is all about buffing his character.
constantly moaning about an already strong character , in sinestro is stupid.
if you ask me some trait are out of control but within reason.
sinestro is very strong he doesn't need to be amazing in close,with the kind of keep away game he has.not every zoner ha s to be as brain dead as kenshi.
As for Bane a character that does 60 plus with his trait is that not enough for you get serious.
its used to punish projectiles and get in vs zoners, you really shouldn't be spamming it as a move thats beats all
bane is fine get real his charge already has full invincibility as it is.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
To those demanding that Bane shouldn't have a 'weak' side to his trait, you are having a laugh. At full Venom his damage output is ridiculous, if it really bugs you just don't use it until near the end of the match, or if your opponent is wide open. I mean honestly it has no start up time! Sometimes you can use it mid-combo! If you can't deal with damage nerf/defense nerf after it, don't use it.
Insert millionth comparison to Superman's trait, how Aquaman's has no startup, how Sinestro's is ridiculous and has no debuff, etc etc

You don't use Bane so I understand your ignorance of the problem.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
I like how Kano is the gold standard for characters nerfed into oblivion. Every community for a good character is constantly screaming their guy is the next Kano. My god Ares is losing a ridiculous reset he's the new KANO.

We need to have Sheevas. Meaning characters so low tier that even giving them buffs every patch wouldn't help. Hawkgirl is the new Sheeva!!!
Yes, hawkgirl needs a buff. Make her we1 a low slide and not an useless move so she can become goddess tier! Kehehehehe!

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Pig Of The Hut

Im only gonna talk about the chars i have experience with

Grundy: His trait is good but there is a couple of things that make him suffer as a character
  • His trait can be parried
  • Ungrabable frames that so many characters have (i wouldnt be surprised if every single character has some ungrabable frames)
and people concerned about the clashing of the trait Lmao, well if your stupid enough to
  1. Get close enough to get hit with a raw trait you deserve to get smothered by GRUNDY
  2. Not clash before the UNCLASHABLE damage gets started.......do you even know what character your playing against.
Superman: Give me a reason there is something wrong with this trait?

Doomsday: Personally i feel his trait good but not op
  • he still has to respect frame traps
  • once you know how to break his trait it becomes more of a calculated assault mechanism than a i have trait might as well rush in with it on.
Catwoman: Nothing wrong with this trait Would like it to be unclashable but hey it has its uses other than tacking on at the end of combos

Bane: Lives by the venom Gets destroyed by the venom, i wouldnt so much change his trait but buff some normals and change the properties of some of his strings. He has no OKI Good oki game without the venom so when he has no venom is he just supposed to hide like a bitch.

Sinestro: I hate him but his trait is fair.

Lex: Remove the whole Trait dash to get instant level 3 and its all good

WW: Buff her make stance change combos do 50% more damage LMAO...jokes

RYX

BIG PUSHER
PND i2 Gaug3 Superman's trait gives him a huge damage buff, all his moves shatter ALL armor, and you can cancel into and out of it almost immediately for combos that are just insane with no drawback whatsoever. It's Bane's level three with no projectile immunity(but he has projectiles) and no period where he's just fucked like Kim Kardashian for nine seconds.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
I feel the assessment in the op does not take enough move set and play style context into consideration it its assertions. I feel powers are quite balanced right now.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
RYX so what your saying is that you don't want when superman hits you he does damage to you?

if you know your fighting against supereasyman then be more cautious know his range and wiff punish don't do armored moves when he has trait active.
And dont get trapped in the corner.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Have you ever used him against a person who can block the charge?
Yes.
Used? In practice mode?
Try using Level 3 Venom against the top tiers ( and competent players using them ) and tell me it's a bigger help than harm.
Seriously, try and be more condescending. Yes I've used Bane (outside of practice mode, what a shock?) however in fairness, I probably haven't used him against top tier players or whatever. At least I don't think I have. I get that if you get caught in a combo from someone who knows what they are doing when your weak you are practically fucked. But Bane is capable of doing some fucking of his own when his juiced up.

If you are talking about changing how much weakness there is, that's probably fair. If you are talking about removing it completely I think that's a little messed up. If you are talking about giving it better armors etc. I can sort of see that being a good thing maybe, but.. I don't know some of it sounds a bit like 'Let's make Bane top tier'.

As for that Superman thing, I don't know, I really don't use him but that trait sounds messed up.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
RYX so what your saying is that you don't want when superman hits you he does damage to you?

if you know your fighting against supereasyman then be more cautious know his range and wiff punish don't do armored moves when he has trait active.
And dont get trapped in the corner.
Bane vs Superman is unwinnable. I can handle him with Deathstroke most of the time but he's.. He's fucked up.

Bane cries everytim

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Seriously, try and be more condescending. Yes I've used Bane (outside of practice mode, what a shock?) however in fairness, I probably haven't used him against top tier players or whatever. At least I don't think I have. I get that if you get caught in a combo from someone who knows what they are doing when your weak you are practically fucked. But Bane is capable of doing some fucking of his own when his juiced up.

If you are talking about changing how much weakness there is, that's probably fair. If you are talking about removing it completely I think that's a little messed up. If you are talking about giving it better armors etc. I can sort of see that being a good thing maybe, but.. I don't know some of it sounds a bit like 'Let's make Bane top tier'.

As for that Superman thing, I don't know, I really don't use him but that trait sounds messed up.
I don't mean to be condescending. :16Bit Apologies.

Venom is useless at level three despite it being the only thing that gets him right through zoning(which still doesn't work lol) If he just ran through all zoning, got monster oki and guaranteed damage I could see some of the debuffs being necessary. But he doesn't, not one bit.

I don't think I should be punished or scared to use a trait, especially when I use it well. Does not make sense to me.

CamChattic

Eternal Champion of Justice
Bane is meta as fuck definitely one of the more technical characters to be crying over not using him correctly any less than 6 mos in is just dumb. He obviously a risk reward character playing risk reward characters quirks a lot of play time because you have to know what's your risk and reward for each option in each situation and calculate that against a read. This is why it took like 3-4 years for Seth's to start doing well in tournaments. That and the option select system had to get broken just a little :p

Ronald_A_Knox

Clipeum Aurea
Venom is useless at level three despite it being the only thing that gets him right through zoning(which still doesn't work lol) If he just ran through all zoning, got monster oki and guaranteed damage I could see some of the debuffs being necessary. But he doesn't, not one bit.
If his charge offered a mixup, and his oki game allowed for non-stop pressure, then the debuffs would be entirely justified in a way of letting the other players get Bane off themselves.

Reactions: RYX

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I don't mean to be condescending. :16Bit Apologies.
Eh, my bad too, I probably took that more seriously than I should have. I can get that having a trait with a big downside sucks, but without it Bane would have been pretty damn powerful. Perhaps even OP. I don't think I know enough about the whole armors argument to discuss it thoroughly, but I think some of it makes sense as Bane being an unstoppable machine isn't great for anyone who isn't Bane.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Eh, my bad too, I probably took that more seriously than I should have. I can get that having a trait with a big downside sucks, but without it Bane would have been pretty damn powerful. Perhaps even OP. I don't think I know enough about the whole armors argument to discuss it thoroughly, but I think some of it makes sense as Bane being an unstoppable machine isn't great for anyone who isn't Bane.
I thought everyone was supposed to be OP. Bane is worse than Grundy outside his range so why can't he be the best up close for a few seconds of super charge and then still decent without it(PS he's pretty garbage without Venom)

Makes sense to me. :(