What's new

Changes you would make to enhance MK11 presentation.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
I would like to see MK get some of the "fun" back in. Jonny Cage is really the only remnant of the old school MK days when it was kinda silly and knew it. Do not get me wrong I like the ultra dark vibe it has now, and I think they should keep that... but I also would like to see a return of some of the silly. There is a few things you can point to like the old school arcade cabinet brutality for Lou Kang or the eyes bugging out for Kabal... but even so. I would like them to lean into that a little and bring a slightly lighter and more fun feeling to the long term game. Again, keep the main vibe and storry mode dark and brooding, but after 500 hours in game, having some light jokes and humor would be awesome, and not jst in the intros that no one ever watches.
Great ideas. I always find comedy works better in a serious setting for tv as well. If everything is for laughs nothing really matters but humor in a serious setting is far more entertaining. It certainly works the Marvel films.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I’d like to see stages with more color and stuff going on in the background. I think MK9, Injustice 2, and a select few of these MK 11 stages look really good. I liked the battle damage in MK9 with chunks of muscle and skin being torn out of each other, sometimes revealing bone. It adds to the intensity and after winning a super close match and you see your character looking like shit, it is just super satisfying and felt like you barely won the victory. It adds to the cheesiness of the game in a good way. MK lore is silly and over the top and it absolutely works in the game’s favor when they embrace it. MKX had the best character models imo. Maybe MK 11’s animations, MKX’s models, and MK9’s in fight gore and color palette would be ideal for me. That being said, Injustice 2 is the most aesthetically pleasing of their games imo.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I just want more bright and lively stages. NRS has a history of fairly drab stages across the board.
You think so? I actually love most of the MK11 stages. I think they're extremely light and pretty and dynamic, especially in comparison to MKX.

If I could add things to enhance MK11...

- I would have brought back a bunch of older characters (Rain, Mileena, Goro, Ermac, Quan Chi), but at this point that's impossible cause of Shang and a bunch of gear pieces.

- I would bring back some previous skins for older characters that have them, similarly to the Tournament skins in MKX. I would love to see MK11 characters that were in MKX regain their MKX skins (Default Scorpion, Kuai Liang Sub-Zero, Default Cassie, Default and Dark Empress Kitana, Outlaw Erron Black, Revolutionary Kano, Future Raiden, etc.). So many great skins were left on the floor from MKX that need to see a return (mainly because half of the skins in MK11 suck IMO). Personally I wouldn't take too many from MK9 because I feel like most of those were tacky anyways. I'm looking at you, Flesh Pits Mileena.

- Stage Fatalities and Stage Brutalities. I can think of some good ones for some stages, and there are a bunch of obvious ones for a lot of the stages.

- I would make a bunch of the "optional" special moves just be basic special moves. Characters oftentimes feel so weak in another variation because they lack a move that's specific to a certain Variation (Cassie Kneecappin', Cetrion Geyser, Erron Enhanced Locked and Loaded, Shang Ground Eruption, etc.).
I liked variations in MKX to some degree, because there could be a lot of differences from Variation to Variation (Kitana, Tanya, Takeda, Quan Chi, Sub-Zero, Erron Black), and I still have hope, but at this point I hope NRS just gives it up. They just can't do it. They end up bastardizing characters and forcing moves the characters normally always have into certain Variations (Raiden teleport, Shang Morph, etc.). I don't like that. If they do Variations again, go back to how MKX did it, where the Variations are just set in stone, but only have 2, or just don't have them at all, because the way they've "improved" on Variations is way worse IMO.

- New Stages. I'd love to have a few more klassic stages. Maybe some brand new ones. I do like most of the new stages this game. The Pit needs to return, though. Such a shame it's in the Krypt but not as an actual stage.

- Tag Team. Wanted it back since 2014.

- This is just a personal thing, but I want MK to focus more on the magical parts of its lore. I want to spend more time in Outworld with characters like Kitana, Rain, Shang Tsung, Onaga, Shujinko, Mileena, etc., because to me, those characters are far more interesting than the human special forces (Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Cassie Cage, Jax, Jacqui Briggs, Kano, etc.). Not to say get rid of those characters, but stop shoehorning those characters into the spotlight every game. And while we're at it, stop making the story mode go in chapters. I feel like that hinders the story, because certain characters have to have a certain amount of fights, half of which feel forced and don't make sense. Don't even get me started on Cetrion, AN ELDER GOD, JOBBING TO THE BRIGGS FAMILY. WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT IS THAT?

Yeah, I think that's it.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
And I ask again, if showing skin was out of the question, what else would you suggest could be done to give the game some more variety, spice, pizzazz or whatever you wanna call it? Because all I see is you wanting T&A, and not coming with any other suggestions that could break said blandness of character designs. Because there are indeed other things one could do to a character to make them appear more interesting without having them show more skin, but again, that's your only suggestion so far... and you wonder why people throw you into the pile of other immature creeps.

As responded above, there are other choices to be done for making better variety to character designs than just showing more cleavage and thighs.
But that's not actually what you want, is it? You want the T&A, right? That's what you're complaining about, no?
Feel free to show me I'm wrong though.
I want options for everyone like other fighting games. I want fully dressed modest attire, I want sexier numbers, I want quirky outfits for laughs, homages to other franchises, classic outfits that match either past entries or in Injustices case ones that match their comic counterparts. It dosnt matter if they are male or female. I want people to be able to choose the outfit they like the best for whatever reason they like it. I'm pro choice and I don't believe in dictating what is and isn't appropriate for fictional characters out of fear of certain extreme politically leaning individuals.

If a character uses sex to her advantage like beliveably certain characters in this franchise would (Millena) then hell yes I want them to lean into it. Variety is the spice of life.

Let me ask you, what do you have against people chosing a different outfit to what you would have chosen? Is their opinion wrong and yours right? Also why is there a discrepancy between characterisation of males and females in this game? Is this something you find not in the least concerning? Are you genuinely happy with the variety of say Cassies outfits in this game? Do you disapprove of some of Street fighter and Tekkens characters less modest outfits? Do these additions negatively effect your experience playing those games? :)

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
Why is Mortal Kombat having these internal problems while other fighting franchises have transitioned into this modern era without these issues surfacing? Or at least haven't alienated a portion of their fanbases.
Fact of the matter is, MK sells better than the majority of fighting games. Like, WAY better. More people = more opinions. More opinions = some opinions won't be supported in the game. SFV for example has continued to try to keep the sexiness at an all time high, with women wearing all kinds of tacky and ridiculous (IMO) costumes. Capcom doesn't even try to be modest about it, but if people didn't like that, you would never know because MK is a lot more popular and mainstream brand, in the US at least, than SF.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
Its true mk community has crazies on both ends of the spectrum. Everytime there’s a thread someone who posts like once a year says some wild shit even by non-sensitive standards and then the other side gets butthurt and tells the janitors - I mean mods lul. The jannies just dont want to deal with it tbh. Would be fun tho

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Let me ask you, what do you have against people chosing a different outfit to what you would have chosen?
Absolutely nothing. I am just questioning OP (and others like-minded) why the "SHOW MORE SKIN" sentiment is the one they are reaching towards, and not anything else that could add that "spice" you so crave.

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
Fact of the matter is, MK sells better than the majority of fighting games. Like, WAY better. More people = more opinions. More opinions = some opinions won't be supported in the game. SFV for example has continued to try to keep the sexiness at an all time high, with women wearing all kinds of tacky and ridiculous (IMO) costumes. Capcom doesn't even try to be modest about it, but if people didn't like that, you would never know because MK is a lot more popular and mainstream brand, in the US at least, than SF.
I'd say the fact theres so many costumers that are sexy speaks to their popularity amongst the userbase. After all if they didnt sell Capcom wouldn't make them. I do think they have great variety to suit each user however, you can really make any character your own. Which ultimately is what I want for Mortal Kombat. Choice.

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
I'd say the fact theres so many costumers that are sexy speaks to their popularity amongst the userbase. After all if they didnt sell Capcom wouldn't make them. I do think they have great variety to suit each user however, you can really make any character your own. Which ultimately is what I want for Mortal Kombat. Choice.
Sure. I don't know. I'm not opposed to "sexy" costumes, but if they're gonna be like MK9 Kitana/Skarlet/Mileena, I personally am not gonna fight or campaign for those skins, cause I don't like them anyways.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Absolutely nothing. I am just questioning OP (and others like-minded) why the "SHOW MORE SKIN" sentiment is the one they are reaching towards, and not anything else that could add that "spice" you so crave.
The opening post of this thread is several other things I would do. Did you read it at all? If you did and you are still asking this then I don't think it matters what I say.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
The opening post of this thread
That was more a reference to the other thread you made that was closed for this exact reason.
And to be fair, you don't give any suggestions in your opening post about character designs at all, so it's all I have to go by.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I tried to be quick about it... but that still doesn't make your response make any sense.
I said "your other thread" after all, not this thread.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Design wise. I want Sheeva in the game. Always has been my favorite Fighting game character. I also would like to see the next mutation of Ferra-Torr, that being Ferra+Rider. I think their tag-team dynamic was cool and so was their race. I also think it would be cool if we got Asgaarth.

I'd absolutely flip for a new female Shokahn character.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Design wise. I want Sheeva in the game. Always has been my favorite Fighting game character. I also would like to see the next mutation of Ferra-Torr, that being Ferra+Rider. I think their tag-team dynamic was cool and so was their race. I also think it would be cool if we got Asgaarth.

I'd absolutely flip for a new female Shokahn character.
Those aren't character designs, those are character additions.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Not sure what you are asking me then. Like you want me to design a character from the ground up?
I am asking you... again again again...
If showing more skin on female characters were out of the question, WHAT ELSE would you suggest they could do with their designs to add more variety, "spice, "pizzazz" or whatever you wanna call it? Because, as said, yet again, all you suggested was showing more T&A, when there are a lot of other things that can be done to add said variety to make the designs less bland. So why was showing more skin the thing you reached for instead of coming with other suggestions to what could be done, if your main issue with it is that you find the designs bland and want more variety?

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I am asking you... again again again...
If showing more skin on female characters were out of the question, WHAT ELSE would you suggest they could do with their designs to add more variety, "spice, "pizzazz" or whatever you wanna call it? Because, as said, yet again, all you suggested was showing more T&A, when there are a lot of other things that can be done to add said variety to make the designs less bland. So why was showing more skin the thing you reached for instead of coming with other suggestions to what could be done, if your main issue with it is that you find the designs bland and want more variety?
O I got ya. I think instead of doing this whole gear system I would make one really good, colorful, high-detailed design for each character and then go the street fight route where picking it with different buttons would yield different colors. To be honest I like Cetrion, Kitana, and Jade. It's the special forces that are a mess, and that goes for Johnny too. They just look interchangeable and generic. I get they they are a task force, but I feel like you play as Special Force guy, Special Force Girl 1, Special Force Girl 2, and Special Force girl three. It's those characters that need the most redesigning. They are bland AF.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
O I got ya. I think instead of doing this whole gear system I would make one really good, colorful, high-detailed design for each character and then go the street fight route where picking it with different buttons would yield different colors. To be honest I like Cetrion, Kitana, and Jade. It's the special forces that are a mess, and that goes for Johnny too. They just look interchangeable and generic. I get they they are a task force, but I feel like you play as Special Force guy, Special Force Girl 1, Special Force Girl 2, and Special Force girl three. It's those characters that need the most redesigning. They are bland AF.

Attachments

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
Sheeva is supposed to be a shokan warrior. That sheeva looks like they took a ballet dancer, stretched her out a bit, and gave her a pair of extra arms :p
I'd like to see a smaller and more agile/graceful lady Shokahn. I agree that it doesn't really look like Sheeva. I think the Sheeva we got is rad, this would be a new character entirely. Additionally when I look at the special forces outfits in a vaccuum they are OK, it's when they are put up against each other that they look very samey. Jacqui's default is really bad.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
In MKX, visual elements distinguished the variations, regardless of the costume choice.

It's unfortunate that MK11 can't pull off the same, because the visual clarity that the MKX system offers is just absolutely superior.

Gear, and random gear in tournament mode, really stinks. I want to pick a non revenant costume for my characters, but instead in tournament it's left to random.

I would love a a real costume system.