What's new

Cetrion General Discussion Thread

Projectile trades with Cetrion’s normal geyser can be very advantageous. Works the best from fullscreen to like 4/5 of fullscreen. Slower projectiles can be punished even closer to mid range.

You get the usual damage from fullscreen Amp geyser but Without spending a bar.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Am I the only one using the earthquake variation?
Her zoning is awesome and ,with it, her 2 best strings obtains 50/50:
-F23....4(overhead) or .....dd3(low)
-21...3(overhead) or dd3(low)

My BnB for this variation is F23-DB4amp-S4-dd1 211dmg and gain distance

Last edited:

jmt

Noob

Her other variation is fun. I love the ground pound move. You can easily react to that above 50/50 so that actually doesn’t work.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Ummm if you think that is a real 50/50 then good luck.
You can do F234 // F23dd3. Or 213 // 21dd3 This don´t open a big combo but it´s a true 50/50.
What´s a 50/50 for you? For me is a string that you can end with a low or an overhead forcing your opponent to guess how to block.
Maybe I´m missing something

jmt

Noob
You can do F234 // F23dd3. Or 213 // 21dd3 This don´t open a big combo but it´s a true 50/50.
What´s a 50/50 for you? For me is a string that you can end with a low or an overhead forcing your opponent to guess how to block.
Yes I get what you are saying and you’re not wrong, I’m just saying Cetrion’s “50/50s” aren’t real because you can very easily react to them. It isn’t a guess like Geras and other people’s 50/50s.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I'm not at home to lab but early in the game I played a Cetrion doing this and I remember being able to block it every time. IIRC the low is slow enough that you can react to it or at least fuzzy block.

Just having a low and overhead mixup doesn't make it a 50/50. If they're different speeds (I think the overhead comes out faster than the low) the opponent can just stand up and then crouch back down and cover both options. For comparison, with Geras' mixup you have to guess since both options are so fast you can't react...you literally just have to pick one.

fireborg

Noob
Geras low sand is actually quite fast, it’s a 17f move and punishes a blocked Geyser and non MB ground df1 (which is why you should always do ia beam with cetrion), he should also be able to reaction low sand a boulder since it’s 48f of start up. He can’t just throw it out constantly against her like he can other characters, but it basically limits her to using ia beam and only using Geyser as a punish or to see if they know it jails after a beam on hit.
hey wdym geyser which move is it? :)

fireborg

Noob
so in the move list, it says the bouncing boulder can be unblockable , if you add forward? wat? how? also what of her stuff jails? thanks

it sucks. block the first hit of the earth quake and you can jump the second. most characters in the game get a punish. raiden flying man, scorp tele, jade air blaive, et cetera

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Projectile trades with Cetrion’s normal geyser can be very advantageous. Works the best from fullscreen to like 4/5 of fullscreen. Slower projectiles can be punished even closer to mid range.

You get the usual damage from fullscreen Amp geyser but Without spending a bar.
I never thought that during trade offs, I just use H2O port to escape, thanks.

fireborg

Noob
anyone willing to play a couple of matches? i need to get some matchup experience, will be playing a set against C soon. tomorrow?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I can’t get the amp geyser, teleport, 11, f13 geyser.

Fuuuuuuck.
It took me a good amount of practice. You have to wait a weird amount of time after the EX geyser, then do the tele, then quickly dash forward and 11. They have to have been at pretty much max height when you hit them with the 11 for the f13 to connect.

Reactions: jmt

jmt

Noob
It took me a good amount of practice. You have to wait a weird amount of time after the EX geyser, then do the tele, then quickly dash forward and 11. They have to have been at pretty much max height when you hit them with the 11 for the f13 to connect.
Ok I’m gonna lab it out again thanks.

so in the move list, it says the bouncing boulder can be unblockable , if you add forward? wat? how? also what of her stuff jails? thanks
i do not play her , but its says so in the second variation , not the one with the geyser
Because in the variation where you can hold the db2 rock, if you press forward it becomes the anti air bf2 rock. And you can’t block antiairs, you either avoid them or get hit. The bf2 rock says unblockable as well.