What's new

CEO2019 Top 8 is Set! Tune in at 4pm EST!

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Man, solid unbreakable damage is really goddamn scary.
They keep mentioning this, but I think it's just as important that the shoulder also doesn't knock down so the opponent doesn't get any wakeup opportunity. The receiver just has to accept whatever Cassie is going to choose to do afterwards, most notably in the corner. Shit's very scary, especially in the hands of one such as SonicFox.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
It's undeniable that people play a lot more scared vs Fox. He's the best, yes, but I feel like people would do better vs him if they didn't respect him THAT much ingame.

Tier whoring is fine, counter picking is frustrating but that's on the devs. No character should have a hard counter

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's undeniable that people play a lot more scared vs Fox. He's the best, yes, but I feel like people would do better vs him if they didn't respect him THAT much ingame.
They respect him because he blows up a lot of the things that they’re comfortable getting away with. And when somebody does that to you it’s a mental ‘reset’ where you have to re-evaluate everything.

It’s easy to say this sitting at home, but if you had to play him in tourney guaranteed you’d end up doing the same thing.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Now, I'll admit, I've got massive bias against Cetrion. But after seeing Dragon play this clean, I really wanna see him win this.

NeonGroovyGator

Vampire mommy simp
They respect him because he blows up a lot of the things that they’re comfortable getting away with. And when somebody does that to you it’s a mental ‘reset’ where you have to re-evaluate everything.

It’s easy to say this sitting at home, but if you had to play him in tourney guaranteed you’d end up doing the same thing.
Hey, I know it's not easy. I'm just saying they'd do better.
And I don't think it's necessarily just that he blows up things other people don't. It happens a lot more often in losers bracket so it's definitely also a mental thing.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
SF, since getting 3-0'd earlier, has already adapted in the following ways against Dragon:
  • More mids, fewer grabs/highs as Dragon just ducks them
  • Perfected his jump range/angle to get over the wall
  • Finishing combos in knockdowns instead of leaving Dragon standing as Dragon doesn't ever wake up, but will definitely backdash and challenge pressure if left standing
These are just the main 3 I've noticed. There's likely many more. It's absolutely insane how much different he's approaching the matchup from before.