What's new

Match-up Discussion Catwoman Matchup Discussion

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Between regular wakeup timing spin and Grayson and delayed wakeup for both I don't think any one timing can stuff all options. I will try again but I don't think I've ever had a recording that stuffs all.
You can't I'm pretty certain. Been trying to do that sorta thing lately against Zods, Aquamans etc.

astronout

see you at the top.
Between regular wakeup timing spin and Grayson and delayed wakeup for both I don't think any one timing can stuff all options. I will try again but I don't think I've ever had a recording that stuffs all.
i haven't played that MU in a long time , but wont jump back 2 either avoid or blow up all of his options?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i haven't played that MU in a long time , but wont jump back 2 either avoid or blow up all of his options?

You can avoid it but it won't punish Grayson and I need to hit him hard for it otherwise he'll wake up constantly.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
After which ender ?
I tried it off of a higher hit f.1 b.2? (the one where she ends in a HKD cartwheel) and it gave me a bit more advantage to work with, though I imagine the same might be possible off of b.3 f.3 f.3 as a splat stand.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
That art is awesome!

Does anyone have a Nightwing combo ender setup to blow up both wakeup flying Greyson and wakeup staff spin? You can stuff both because they're not fully invincible but from what I can tell the timing is different. I want a way to punish both with the same setup, that way I'm playing a 33/33/33 guessing game on knockdown instead of having two different punishes for his wakes. For example, if I end a combo in 1,2,2 and I think he's going to Flying Greyson I backdash then duck, the Greyson will pass over her and I punish with d+2. However if I do this and he did staff spin she blocks it.
When NW gets into staff and I land a combo, I will at first only end the combo with 1f2 because it leaves me with enough space to react to what he will do on wake up. I basically backdash. If I see he is going for flying grayson, I backdash through the active frames and punish with a d1. You have to be on point with the d1 cause the window for punish is tight. If he goes for spin, I backdash right away and punish the whiff. I can not do this off of 122 ender because it leaves you too close to NW and you can't react to what he is doing, you have to read what he will do. Once they respect you, you can go to town with cross ups and mixups.

After the 1f2 HKD, you can walk one to two steps forward to bait the wake up.

Reborn

Noob
So with my very limited time in the lab, I found that you can stuff both attacks with a jump back 2. It has to be a 1f2 ender and you have to jump instantly after dashing forward. Some problems with the setup:
1) It doesn't work in the corner.
2) Since you are jumping so early, your opponent may be able to tell on reactions that you are jumping and choose not to wakeup (hard for me to test whether this is true or not).

Again, I only tested for 5 minutes so feedback would be appreciated.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
So with my very limited time in the lab, I found that you can stuff both attacks with a jump back 2. It has to be a 1f2 ender and you have to jump instantly after dashing forward. Some problems with the setup:
2) Since you are jumping so early, your opponent may be able to tell on reactions that you are jumping and choose not to wakeup (hard for me to test whether this is true or not).

I tried this and yes, you have to jump back after 1f2 ASAP because jb2 comes out slow and Grayson can usually knock you out of it.
You could use WU reverse after f3 HKD with b2. Can usually mind fuck any char once per match lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think this 1,f+2 into jump back 2 setup is pretty good. I am doing 1,f+2, dash up, jump back then 2, f+1,1. I doubt the NW player can tell if you're jumping back or not. This should be just what I was looking for.

I do something similar against Batgirl. I end combos in 1,2,2, take a few steps forward then if I read wakeup I do jump back 2. If she does wakeup cartwheel she gets blown up by jump back 2. If she does teleport or uppercut they whiff.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
I think this 1,f+2 into jump back 2 setup is pretty good. I am doing 1,f+2, dash up, jump back then 2, f+1,1. I doubt the NW player can tell if you're jumping back or not. This should be just what I was looking for.

I do something similar against Batgirl. I end combos in 1,2,2, take a few steps forward then if I read wakeup I do jump back 2. If she does wakeup cartwheel she gets blown up by jump back 2. If she does teleport or uppercut they whiff.
I'm not on my ps3 atm, but if they choose not to wake up, does the jb2 connect on block into a block string? Although it wouldn't be a jail, I highly doubt a NW player would back dash or poke out of a blocked j2 on oki. Cuz then you could option select into f1 pressure on oki.

Last edited:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I'm not on my ps3 atm, but if they choose not to wake up, does the jb2 connect on block into a block string? Although it wouldn't be a jail, I highly doubt a NW player would back dash or poke out of a blocked j2 on oki. Cuz then you could option select into f1 pressure on oki.

No, just whiffs.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Just a side note about 1f2 dash up jb2, this set up works on bane as well. It stuffs all his wake ups (even in venom) except for charge (whiffs and you land in time to block) and venom upper cut (with trait level 1,2,3 and MBed) and obviously super... But I think for the most part we don't take wake up supers into account for oki set ups.

So for the jb2 if you jb2~cat dash you can full combo double punch, the command grab (low) and the air grab. if you do it on venom uppercut your cat dash will have you pass under bane. Your whiff recovery of cat dash doesn't allow you to punish the whiffed mb part of venom uppercut but you're no worse off than you were before hand and he just burned a bar of meter. More work needs to go into seeing what we can do after we pass under him, I know B3 won't punish and f1 can be stuffed by another venom uppercut.

If the bane is in de buff or doesn't have trait up, you can stuff the beginning of venom uppercut for a FCP (full combo punish)

Lastly if you 1f2 dash up jb2 then charge up a b3 (after you land) the mb part of the venom uppercut will whiff and you get a combo off it, you cannot jb2 and walk back for whiff because her walk back speed is so god awful and you get hit by the overhead, but if you do it on a read (which I think most of the time Bane's wake up with uppercut) it only takes a bit of practice to do it consistently.

If the Bane does nothing on wake up the jb2 will whiff.

I made a vid, but I can't show the mb versions in practice mode because we can't set Bane to mb specials. But try it out for yourselves tell me what you think.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I play the best ravens like glass swords and others and I honestly believe that catwoman beats raven 6-4. Once catwoman gets in. It is basically over. Especially in the corner. She has two cross up ground moves in the corner plus she has 50/50 mix ups. I can also do a 40% or more damage and still push her in the corner. Plus catwoman midscreen hard knockdown is really good for mix ups.

Who else believe catwoman beats raven 6-4?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think Catwoman vs. Raven is a 5-5 mu. Raven's backwalk blows up Catwoman's footsies. You only have two options. Risk throwing out something like low whip or mb b+3 or just following her and playing her trait game. Neither can wake up. If Selina is right she basically gets a meterless vortex on Raven but that's more of an equalizer than a matchup winner.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I can't seem to find an answer to this either. Instant j2 and dash in seem to lose out to j2 clean. I think I just have to concede the fact that if I get knocked down the game just goes back into neutral, which honestly isn't really a bad thing.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I think I found a pretty reliable way to stuff wake up cartwheel. I was going to post it yesterday but did the 2d21 vid instead. Unfortunately it leaves us open to flying uppercut thing and smoke bomb, which are both vortex starters but then again are both punishable.

Anyways I'll get to it this week.
I play the best ravens like glass swords and others and I honestly believe that catwoman beats raven 6-4. Once catwoman gets in. It is basically over. Especially in the corner. She has two cross up ground moves in the corner plus she has 50/50 mix ups. I can also do a 40% or more damage and still push her in the corner. Plus catwoman midscreen hard knockdown is really good for mix ups.

i don't play any top Raven's so my experience is pretty limited, I have a lot of success pressuring Raven on KD, I think they key in this MU is trait which allows both characters to wake up, the way 16 bit explained it makes sense to me though.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Ive played ducky twice and got bodied 14-1 and 9-1. I don't no how to deal with the pillar zoning, that's what always gets me. he gets that demon stance up and im through...

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ive played ducky twice and got bodied 14-1 and 9-1. I don't no how to deal with the pillar zoning, that's what always gets me. he gets that demon stance up and im through...

If you read pillar into pillar you do a MB Cat Dash or take a dash forward. He can either do a Soul Crush or block and punish the MB CD. If you think he's going to Soul Crush then you continue to block and you get a free dash forward after the Soul Crush is blocked. The idea is to dash or MB Cat Dash just enough to get her to start doing Soul Crush, so you can dash in. Mostly you have to hold that and block the pillars and eat the chip. That is Raven's game and you have to play it. Just be patient, always keep in mind you're one knockdown away from PLAYTIME FOR KITTY.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.

Remember that thread we collaborated on with her HKD/oki setups. I have virtually every wake up in the game listed and every option Selina has to deal with it. I'm actually working on the videos for that thread right now. ;)

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Just be patient, always keep in mind you're one knockdown away from PLAYTIME FOR KITTY.
Haha that's my exact playercard status on psn. Good shit tho, I always try to end in 122 so I can 33 her on WU although I know I need to practice 50/50ing her instead but hey its a work in progress, just like everything with CW is.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
What I do against sword. Is sit in cat stance once I get the life lead. But when he gets the demon stance its a different story. But the thing is Catwoman can avoid her pillar frame traps with a reversal catstance since catstance can avoid soul crush. So reversal catstance dash and f1 punish

@GGA 16 Bit thoughts?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing

Raven is one of the more balanced zoning characters in the game, one of the few that actually die when you get in on them but that still hasn't stopped her from beating Killer Frost. I can see Catwoman having the advantage and someone like Bane winning 8-2 lol

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
Raven is one of the more balanced zoning characters in the game, one of the few that actually die when you get in on them but that still hasn't stopped her from beating Killer Frost. I can see Catwoman having the advantage and someone like Bane winning 8-2 lol
KF-Raven is 5-5. CW-Raven is also probably 5-5, but if anyone has advantage it is CW, but like I said, it is probably 5-5. Ji2 and Catdash are a huge threat for raven, especially out of trait. Catdash is punishable, so it's not that bad. Too bad I fail to punish it online all the time lol. Raven-Bane is 4-6 if you ask me. I know Max thinks its bane advantage as well.