What's new

Catwoman combo thread

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
what do you guys do off mb cat dash hits that are too close to corner for b3 but not in corner yet?

Into what? Just 112 whip or 122?
After f3 i will either 112 into whip or catdash depending on which side i want to be on. Or instead of f3 after mb cat dash u can whip trip and set up for a f3 reset or catdash meterburn cross up. Theres a lot of options. U can get super creative with her.

HanSolo

Noob
Yeah you have to do the 3~upwhip as soon as you launch with the cartwheel so that you can recover in time.

You could just end in the 1f2, not sure how much less dmg off the top of my head.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
Is there some sort of weird timing to b12d3? I have random moments where I can't get d3 to come out at all.

jmt

Noob
That 112 is seriously hard as fuck what the hell??? I can do all these hard combos in this and other games but I can't get this holy shit. So dumb.

I agree that F2 is easier and does do more damage than s3. Ending in 122 or 12b3 is a hard knock and is better for setups and pressure imo.

Reactions: jmt
Is there some sort of weird timing to b12d3? I have random moments where I can't get d3 to come out at all.
I was having issues with this at first too. What helps me is buffering the "down." My fingers end up doing this:
A. Holding back and pressing 1
B. Immediately pressing 2 and sliding my left thumb to down
C. Pressing 3.
This also eliminated an issue I was having by rushing inputs in corner combos and having cat stance come out early and doing cat stance-3 by mistake.

LordChozo

Mainless Wanderer
It's only on hit it seems.. just labbed it :-/ but ending in cat stance 1 is like plus 1 or 2, and whip is -4, but it's a high... guess we'll be using those when things are blocked?
I just did some lab work myself, and you CAN do MB df3 on block, but only on the second hit. If you pay attention on a point blank grounded hit, there are three strikes in the move. If the first strike is blocked, you cannot MB. If the second strike is blocked you can MB, which puts you on the other side of the opponent and is safe. The third hit can't be blocked because it's so high in the air.

So this means in order to MB the rising claw, you need to start a short distance away from the opponent so the first hit whiffs and only the second gets blocked. I'm not sure what utility it has at that point (beyond potentially hitting for a full combo), but there you go.

Catwoman Optimal Combos
----------------------------
Youcan replace the enders with trait for extra damage. Just decided not to for situational purposes. Pounce is the best ender for damage or 1F2 for setups.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
What does everyone here do from a mbF3 in the corner if you're trying to stuff wake-ups?
I've been doing:
mbF3, db1, d2xxdb1, d1, d1, 1f2 = about 470 damage.
Of course you can always end in trait for over 500 damage but I prefer the splat knockdown of 1f2 because you can dash forward and nj1 cross up, or keep the pressure

You mean if you crossup with BF3?
You could go:
BF2MB, F3, 3 xx DB1, 12, 12 xx trait. Or end in 12, 1F2

What does everyone here do from a mbF3 in the corner if you're trying to stuff wake-ups?
I've been doing:
mbF3, db1, d2xxdb1, d1, d1, 1f2 = about 470 damage.
Of course you can always end in trait for over 500 damage but I prefer the splat knockdown of 1f2 because you can dash forward and nj1 cross up, or keep the pressure