What's new

Tech Catwoman Block Infinite & Strategy

Oh ok. I didn't know you could backdash out of it midscreen, I thought it was 100% jail. That would've been silly since it would basically be a free chip ride to the corner.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Krayzie have you been able to do this more than twice in a row mid screen on a computer set to duck block?

I ask because I recall in MK9, Skarlets F2121+2 string jailed only for one ex dagger cancel if your opponent was duck blocking. Unless you caught them stand blocking on the original F2 hit, which isn't what's being tested here (they begin in duck block state).

If this isn't clear I'll just test it later and let you guys know what I find.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

webreg

Noob
No.
My reason? It does not work on Killer Frost.
I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying this infinite would make you consider picking up CW if it weren't for KF?
So one MU where this one move doesn't work carries enough weight to influence your decision?

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
I love CW. I went from tier-whore ez-mac green lantern to her and havent looked back.

I love her mix up game, her catdash is easily one of the best moves in the game, and plus.. her arkham city skin busts out the cleavage we all crave for in fighting games (kappa).

Seriously though, I love any new CW tech and Ill be trying this out when I get home!

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
her f1/b1 is a good 50/50 but it's effectiveness is kind of overblown imo. Killer Frosts 50/50's are MUCH harder to block on reaction than catwoman.

REO for the love of god make a tier chart and not a tier list! Charts are so much better at communicating the info tier lists are supposed to

Reactions: SLy

Ninj

her f1/b1 is a good 50/50 but it's effectiveness is kind of overblown . Killer Frosts 50/50's are MUCH harder to block on reaction than catwoman.
Killer Frosts b1/f3 are 4-5 frames slower though than Catwomans b1/f1...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I use 1F2 alll the time. To bait a D1 after it i punish with D1 claws. But if the advantage is this much that's nuts. I'll have to play with it some. I'd be fine with taking it out and just making it +2 like the frame data says.

Ninj

WNF tonight guys.

Tune in.

I stand corrected. Just tested this aaaand this is a legit block infinite. It does appear to be a just-frame which is a drawback. And can be pushblocked. and only does .46% damage on block.

I think the fact that it's +6 is more important than the fact that it's a block infinite. Under_The_Mayo RunwayMafia Pig Of The Hut

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
There is a new tier list update coming June 1st.

You guys make this difficult.

Catwoman is not that good. She can be zoned.
R u even good with catwoman to say she is not a good character. I don't think so. The only problem I have with her is getting zone out which I'm doing really good getti g better at it

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
You guys calling out REO for abiding by infinites don't know him very well, do you...

This man lives to break characters and unearth dirt.
And you should be glad folks like him do, because who knows who else would/could dig as deep.

I say fuck it.
If I can watch Chris G iA spin kick people to death with Magneto in Marvel, this is probably the least of our worries.
Go get 'em, Kitty. And AWESOME job finding this, Krayzie.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I stand corrected. Just tested this aaaand this is a legit block infinite. It does appear to be a just-frame which is a drawback. And can be pushblocked. and only does .46% damage on block.

I think the fact that it's +6 is more important than the fact that it's a block infinite. Under_The_Mayo RunwayMafia Pig Of The Hut
She isnt the easiest character to use. I like that.

Reborn

Noob
As for the tidbit on crossing up wakeups in the corner:

Catwoman has many combos that can be manipulated (catdash can be used to switch sides) to get her into the corner and end with 1f2. For reference, the farthest combo I can think of carries from the statue holding the trident closest to the corner you are carrying (Aquaman's stage). The notation is:

[starter] xx catclaws, b3, j3, 1f2 = 32-36% (depending on whether you start with overhead or low chain)

I have only done a little bit of experimenting so I am sure this can be optimized. Some characters have moves on wakeup, such as Black Adam's cage and Doomsday's supernova, that will work regardless of getting crossed up (BA's WU can be blocked after your wiffed 1f2 but Doomsday's cannot). Also, if you do not push them FULLY to the corner, you will get some wonky results. Sometimes CW will actually land on the other side after the 1f2 and you will either get punished by the WU, or a double crossup and still be able to punish their WU attack.

In addition, the timing on the wiffed 1f2 is pretty lenient. The easiest way to describe when to input the second 1f2 is when the first 1f2 animation is COMPLETELY finished. If you are not getting the WU to wiff, delay the 1f2 slightly and you shouldn't have any issues.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
all i know is this character better than the flash, until you can't backdash everything the flash does midscreen, and the yfix his "mids' and his trait.

Belial

Noob
This isnt justframe, its very easy to do.
However the timing is slightly different depending if both hits are blocked or only the cartweel part.
Once you figure it out its very very simple. I got 10/10 on my second try.

Ninj

This isnt justframe, its very easy to do.
However the timing is slightly different depending if both hits are blocked or only the cartweel part.
Once you figure it out its very very simple. I got 10/10 on my second try.

The block infinite is off all 3 hits of the 1F2 hitting. You can do this 10/10 times? Are you practicing on Superman with Kryptonite Crush set as his reversal and duck block always?