What's new

Tech Catwoman Block Infinite & Strategy

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Yes, it did have to be a Cyrax player. Now that we have that out of the way... Shall we?

1. Catwoman is able to use her 1 F+2 string to cause an untechable knockdown in the corner, followed by a second well timed 1 F+2 to mess with the opponents wake-up options. What happens here is that either the opponent will get hit for pressing buttons, the opponent will block the 1 F+3 because they blocked, or the wake up will come out, but be reversed and be open for a full punish.(This is similar to my Cyrax backwards wake-up tech.)

2. Catwomans 12 B+3 string hits high, mid, low. Its only -4 on block, and it causes an untechable knockdown. This is good because it opens up a great oki game. You are standing next to your opponent and either go for an overhead B2, F1, or cross them up with a MB CatDash, or even regular dash if timed correctly.

3. Catwomans Tom Cat string(1 F+2) has incorrect frame data at +2 frames on block. I'm pretty sure its at least +5. The string is an infinite, and if executed by the frame, you cannot escape it, unless you are mid-screen and you decide to backdash out, after the 1. In the corner the cartwheel catches the backdash and causes an untechable knockdown, which you can then use the backwards hitbox tech to cause an infinite loop, even if the overhead hits. The only way out is by pushblock.

A. Even characters with a 6 frame D1 cannot poke out, unless the Catwoman player mistimed the infinite.(Example: Kabal)
B. 1 hits high, however, you are so plus on the cartwheel that your opponent will be stunned enough for 1 to lock them in place.
C. You can execute the infinite, and as your opponent tries to poke out, you can hit D1xxBF2(Cat Dash) and start your combo.(Again... Kabal dash, but a bit safer.) You can always end a combo with 1 F+2(an untechable knockdown) and repeat the process.

4. Keep in mind, if you are going to use the infinite, your opponent will be stand blocking due to the second hit of this hitting as an overhead. This allows you to use 12 B+3, which I mentioned ended as a low. If this string hits and knocks your opponent down, you will have an untechable knock down mix-up. This is similar to ares in a way because now your opponent has two choices.

A. Wake-Up, which can be interrupted with an ambigous cross-up cat dash. Or your opponent can just simply block and punish.
B. Block and take the infinite. You cannot duck right after this and avoid the standing 1. You will have to block it and take the infinite loop again. You can pushblock out, or you can try and dash before the cartwheel, unless Catwoman jabs, and dashes to catch the backdash.

5. Catwoman is a very low tier character. You should all drop her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEST: Set Superman's Kryptonian Crush as a reversal, and execute the 1 F+2 string to get better at executing it. Have fun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Yes, it did have to be a Cyrax player. Now that we have that out of the way... Shall we?

5. Catwoman is a very low tier character. You should all drop her.
It just had to be a Cyrax player. Of course. :joker:

5. That is a really bad joke my friend. Lol.
Good find though. Great job. I will need to give it a shot as I am trying to get back into Catwoman.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Why can't NRS make frame data right. I would rather they have no information than have wrong information, as it tricks people into believing they can do a reversal when they can't.
There is no cancel or block advantage to see holes or gaps in strings which forces us to set the cpu to do the fastest reversals and trust that NRS had the right frame data for those reversals.
There are also inaccurate string hit levels though that comes from differing hitboxes (low hitbox yay).

This block infinite would have been immediately obvious if NRS had not lied to us about the frame data.

Rip

Noob
Good find Krayzie

There is a new tier list update coming June 1st.
Not to derail the thread (pm me if necessary), but serious question for you REO - What is the point of creating new tier lists so often? What is your end goal? I ask, because from the other fighting game communities I've been involved in, I don't feel like there was ever as much of a desire to constantly update/try to improve a tier list.

Good find Krayzie

Not to derail the thread (pm me if necessary), but serious question for you REO - What is the point of creating new tier lists so often? What is your end goal? I ask, because from the other fighting game communities I've been involved in, I don't feel like there was ever as much of a desire to constantly update/try to improve a tier list.
he likes to stir the pot my friend.

REO

Undead
Good find Krayzie

Well in reality I discuss tier lists with other top players literally every day. Aside from it being fun to argue with others on the topic, we want to provide players with a list that is as accurate as possible. MK9 had tier list updates almost every month, and the end result after some time was pretty damn accurate. Although I would personally still give it one final adjustment with some slight tweaks. Anyway, the end goal is to try and see what characters are better than others.

It has always been this way with this community since MK:A. I do not see it changing anytime in the future.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Do people forget about Push block, Nightwing has a Corner block infinite to with his staff, sometimes you have to push block

It should stay.

There are other characters that have corner block infinites. See Aquaman, etc.
I don't know man, corner lockdown is one thing but midscreen jail infinites? I think that's where I personally draw the line lol.

I mean vs Nightwing, Green Arrow and Aquaman all I have to do is not let myself get cornered and I can do that using different combo enders or using corner interactables. But if Catwoman can just do it every time she gets close to me then she's going to be a bitch to deal with. She already has unreactable 50/50s that lead into combos.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I don't know man, corner lockdown is one thing but midscreen jail infinites? I think that's where I personally draw the line lol.

I mean vs Nightwing, Green Arrow and Aquaman all I have to do is not let myself get cornered and I can do that using different combo enders or using corner interactables. But if Catwoman can just do it every time she gets close to me then she's going to be a bitch to deal with. She already has unreactable 50/50s that lead into combos.

You can backdash out, mid-screen.

REO

Undead

It's Catwoman. God forbid she may have something that will bring her closer to the S tier characters.

Besides you can backdash after the 1 before the f+2 up close.

Infinite should stay b/c other characters have infinites too?

I find it ironic how everyone was calling this game a zoning fest weeks ago. Now later down the road we seem to be seeing that rushdown and offense may be stronger. Crying about Catwoman's infinite suggesting it be patched when other characters in the game have had something similar since day one is a joke. Out of all the characters with a "block infinite", Catwoman is possibly the worst of the bunch. Why are players sounding the alarms now?

Belial

Noob
I find it ironic how everyone was calling this game a zoning fest weeks ago. Now later down the road we seem to be seeing that rushdown and offense may be stronger. Crying about Catwoman's infinite suggesting it be patched when other characters in the game have had something similar since day one is a joke. Out of all the characters with a "block infinite", Catwoman is possibly the worst of the bunch. Why are players sounding the alarms now?
I find it ironic, that a top player thinks its okay to have ANY infinites in the game.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
This should stay. There are no block infinites in this game. Catwoman is not going to beat you doing this. It does like...1% chip total.

You have the option to backdash or pushblock it. Much like Nightwing's Corner escrima infinites, there are ways out that don't involve meter, but even if you are not proficient at it, you can always pushblock. If zoners are allowed to lock you down full screen, why can't rushdown players lock you down up close?

Belial

Noob
She needs it. I'm sorry if that's another character you may have to worry about in tournament.
I main CW.
Infinites should be out of the game. All infinites. Your trolling doesnt help, as too many people take your opinion for granted.