What's new

Match-up Discussion Cat-woman Vs Bane is not a 3-7 or a 2-8 Mu

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Bane is standing there at jump range. How do you approach?

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I do. Max isn't dashing 3 times in a row and knows how to blow up standing 3.
when I see you play, I see patterns, You jump consistent in the air and getting blown up by shoulder charge not playing the mu smart. You get blown up by shoulder charges because you back dash after you get double punch instead of rolling. I don't see you going for High damaging combos when Cat-woman can rebuild meter by getting hit by bane 1 time. I don't worry about meter. You need to start doing when bane and you are in the air Jb2 b3 instead of Jb2 catdashing and wasting meter. You do not apply anything of what I said except for the mb B3 on grab. I will show you Sunday 9:00pm.

coolwhip

Noob
when I see you play, I see patterns, You jump consistent in the air and getting blown up by shoulder charge not playing the mu smart. You get blown up by shoulder charges because you back dash after you get double punch instead of rolling. I don't see you going for High damaging combos when Cat-woman can rebuild meter by getting hit by bane 1 time. I don't worry about meter. You need to start doing when bane and you are in the air Jb2 b3 instead of Jb2 catdashing and wasting meter. You do not apply anything of what I said except for the mb B3 on grab. I will show you Sunday 9:00pm.
Your advice to getting back meter is being hit?

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Is everyone really going to gloss over the fact that he said to GET HIT by BANE to build meter? Bottom 2 wake ups in the game and you want to GET HIT which leads to getting floored by that Bane guy. SERIOUSLY?
As someone that likes blocking with their face I can atest to this technique. Suuuure you took over 50% of my health with that combo but now I have 30% more meter. I mean who needs health in a fighting game anyway.

coolwhip

Noob
I think he means that getting hit is an inevitability since, you know, it's 4-6 which means Bane has to be hitting you at some point to be winning and that you'll get meter back from that.
Well no shit. You're going to get hit in any match-up. But, if your attitude is hey, let me spend meter in combos (despite the fact that I can do some damaging meterless combos anyway and I'll need the meter for something else) because I'll just rebuild it while getting hit for half my life, well, then, you're not doing it right.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh boy.

Command grab is NOT reactable, lol it's a read. This entire matchup write up is based on the perspective that the Bane does this and you guess right everytime. Example d1 double punch. What if he does a f2d, a raw dp, a grab? It's an absolute guess on wake up. MB VU is punishable yes, but it can vary on things like distance etc. "If you see Bane players dash in 3 times consistently in a pattern just do a catdash or straight whip to punish him" If they're in a pattern like that then that is a player issue.

I appreciate you're giving options in situations, but the problem in the mu isn't her punishing etc. The issue is at EVERY single point in the match it's not in her favor. You have a 33% chance to guess right. Bane has a 66% chance of being right. Even if he's not, he has armor to cover his ass. So now you're guessing again. A Bane player doesn't need to wildly dash in on catwoman, because his d1 and d2 are dominant tools for space control that she can't really play around.
Shut up, you play LOOOOOBOOOOO

Reactions: RYX