What's new

CASTLEVANIA: Lord of the Shadows (for PS3 and Xbox360)

Loving the combat system. Let em make it deep with world rankings like arkham has and have challenge modes/boss mode etc

RoGE

Noob
Hell yeah! I love the CV series, SOTN is still my favourite game of all time. I've been playing the handheld Castlevania games and I like the gameplay and all, I just don't like the anime art style as much as the gothic art style (Like in SOTN and the GBA games) but I did like OOE style a lot.

I might get this if it gets good reviews.

JagoMIH

Noob
i still can't get over why they are calling him....gabriel belmont

he looks too much like simon's cv2 design

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Great find Jason...that monstrous Werewolf looked sooo bad-ass!!!i love the God of War-esque type of effect it seems to have...this looks like it's going to be a really good game.

The Lords of Shadow Demo is out now. You just need to create a UK account in order to download it. Not hard at all. Enjoy

Any problems creating a UK account let me know.

I really enjoyed the demo. I feel as though the frame rate could be smoother. Its creating some missed hit detections and whatnot, but then again, it is just a demo.

Combo system is decent. Hard to get used to blocking/dodging and attacking, but i think its good.

1,3 is your popup. Key to doing it is waiting a second after 1 is pressed. The game gives you time to input a 3 afterwards as if you were just framing it, but with plenty of more time.

2 is a long ranged attack but does less damage. This is where you can squeeze extra hits in.

2~13~2~1~d1

d1 is a special you learn in game called gullotine.

4 is your dagger/holy water etc command. can be used airborne during combos.

I'll get the vids up soon. Very good stuff so far. Not gonna lie though, it could be better.

Couple of more things:

Air Cancels - I discovered this no less than 5 minutes ago. While in the air, hold the block button and tap the jump button to immediatly drop back down to the ground after an aerial combo. This is pretty ridiculous considering the ground whip attacks will just continue to keep them airborne the whole time. But still makes for some AWESOME combos. launch, jump, air combo, ac, ground combo etc. very nice shit!

Alternate Popup - 2~3. covers more range, but not as accurate.

Combo - 23, 2, 2, 2, 2, dagger(4)

Block button/Dodge button - Can be used for parrys as well as otgs after combos. Block when youre about to be hit to perform a parry. After a aerial combo, you can dodge/roll into the enemy you just hit for a quick stun/reset. Basically an Infinite.

Hit Recovery - Tap 3 after being hit.

Im going to unlock all the moves in the demo before releasing the combo video. For the record, there are only 2 rooms in the demo. One of which has infinite respawns.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Combo Video

I will write up a more detailed guide when i pick up the game tuesday.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I really enjoyed the demo. I feel as though the frame rate could be smoother. Its creating some missed hit detections and whatnot, but then again, it is just a demo.

Combo system is decent. Hard to get used to blocking/dodging and attacking, but i think its good.

1,3 is your popup. Key to doing it is waiting a second after 1 is pressed. The game gives you time to input a 3 afterwards as if you were just framing it, but with plenty of more time.

2 is a long ranged attack but does less damage. This is where you can squeeze extra hits in.

2~13~2~1~d1

d1 is a special you learn in game called gullotine.

4 is your dagger/holy water etc command. can be used airborne during combos.

I'll get the vids up soon. Very good stuff so far. Not gonna lie though, it could be better.
Check you are scary man. Only you could starting breaking down a game before you even have it lol. Good shit, I look foward to getting this game tuesday.

Wow, so true Rob.

The fucked up thing is that doing combos in this game is like manual inputting Ultras in KI lol. God damn you have to be SUPER fast to do this shit.

There will be more, obviously. Just very busy with school. Not even sure when.

Thanks a lot dude.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Ughhh I hate this game already. If theres one thing I cant stand its when a brand new game expects you to just know what the hell your supposed to do. So I beat down the first boss and it tells me to "press the right trigger to finish him off" I do just that. and the boss just throws me off of him. I try again, same thing. *sigh*...oh well I guess I can return it.....Back to darksiders and dantes inferno.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Ughhh I hate this game already. If theres one thing I cant stand its when a brand new game expects you to just know what the hell your supposed to do. So I beat down the first boss and it tells me to "press the right trigger to finish him off" I do just that. and the boss just throws me off of him. I try again, same thing. *sigh*...oh well I guess I can return it.....Back to darksiders and dantes inferno.
play the demos first my friend! :)

Rob, you have to pick up the big wooden stake thats on the ground next to you. You have to pick it up at the exact time when it will start to jump at you.

If this isnt the part you are talking about, then my bad. Hopefully you reconsider if so.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Rob, you have to pick up the big wooden stake thats on the ground next to you. You have to pick it up at the exact time when it will start to jump at you.

If this isnt the part you are talking about, then my bad. Hopefully you reconsider if so.
No i beat that werewolf at the very beginning. This is the 2nd boss at the end of the swamp stage, right after you get your cross upgraded in that ruined temple or whatever it is. I cant seem to figure out how to finish him. The only thing I can think of is that ive been running up to him and hitting right trigger. Maybe Im supposed to stay away from him? Thats kind of the strategy I use to beat him anyway. Il try that when i get home.

JagoMIH

Noob
castlevania is one of my most favorite gaming series of all time, and i would recommend everyone get this game when possible. it has a darker, gorier and more epic feel than the past cvs....there is tons of levels. so many levels that i still have yet to beat it, and ive been playing it for four days. i'd say it has more challenge to it than lament of innocence or curse of darkness. its not so much rpgvania and goes back to the oldschool roots a bit more. you don't level up rather you get your powerups zelda style. you get exp but it is only used for buying new moves and combos. there's lots of puzzles, and fast paced epic battles. the enviroments are huge and look great in hd. you'll feel like spiderman climbing and swinging from towers with gabriel belmont...the guys a freak. the music is nice too, there are some memorable tracks that i like, some ambient and relaxing...and some battle themes that make you feel like your in the middle of a warzone. konami put a lot of hard work into this one.

check you need to get the game asap. i wish you would have done got it and hope you can get that java crap fixed so that you can. :)

I cant get it. I'm way too busy with school. Its just not going to happen till Winter Break. Same goes for MK9. Hopefully next semester isn't too bad.

Glad you're enjoying the game, dude. Too bad we couldn't play it together.

Tim Static

Adminerator
i like it. its pretty damn good. definitely worth trying the demo

still nothing i'd buy, but if money wasnt option then i guess i would.