What's new

Castle Fight Night X - The Grand Master Challenge - Possibly on 11/15/08 now.

Noob
Ill be there as long as im not working when are u guys having this? Were looking to have another tournament of our own as well if guys will show up. Its weird to me that there are so many guys who play and go on this website but when tournament time comes around getting more than 10 guys is a chore. We want to have something big at the house with around 30 or 40 guys, possibly for money

Zach, good to see you here again. Hit me up on AIM when you're online again. We're def. gonna have sticks that you and your guys can use.

Phil, i got your message. its hard for me to make calls on cell phone while at home. the only place in the state i get no service happens to only be in my room,go figure,lol. ill call you tonight after i get out of work. i might be able to get a HP 8510 laptop for the weekend from work,it even has HDMI ports and it has 2 GB ram. ill contact you tonight:)

summoning

Noncompliance to ASTM F 899-12 Standard
Ill be there as long as im not working when are u guys having this? Were looking to have another tournament of our own as well if guys will show up. Its weird to me that there are so many guys who play and go on this website but when tournament time comes around getting more than 10 guys is a chore. We want to have something big at the house with around 30 or 40 guys, possibly for money
Hey Zack. We def gotta do something at the house again , had a blast back then i suggest do like a 2 month notice post and we will sticky it on here and i think we can arrange a decent turnout , i hope you do make it to CG10. We will have the sticks that you guys are used to so everyone has a great chance

styroteqe

Space Jockey
after talking to summoning, he recommends we just use regular PC monitors. I know I don't really have one big enough, but I'll still be bringing either 1 or 2 CRT TV's just in case. I know one has s-video, gonna check the other one after work to be sure.

Anyone have a larger PC monitor they can bring? Ideally 19" or bigger.. hopefully something 20+...
Yeah, I have a 21 incher I can nick from work for the tourney.

summoning

wide screen LCD take more cpu power to drive , so ill see what my laptop can handle
I have a 19" wide lcd on my service desk the proper res is 1440x900 . I dont know if that will work for our needs

Noob
the one thing that is important to remember is that, if we use monitors, the laptops may not have great sound, so we may need speakers.

Also, I checked my tv's. I have one 19" flat screen CRT TV with S-Video input and the other I think is a 36" CRT(curved convex screen) with S-Video input. I can bring either or both if we need them for the tournament. I just need to know.

styroteqe

Space Jockey
the one thing that is important to remember is that, if we use monitors, the laptops may not have great sound, so we may need speakers.
I probably have a set of speakers I can bring. Nothing outstanding, but they will get the job done... Desk speakers from work.

Oh, and the CRT I'm bringing is 22" not 21.. a whole extra inch of TOASTY!

Noob
I probably have a set of speakers I can bring. Nothing outstanding, but they will get the job done... Desk speakers from work.

Oh, and the CRT I'm bringing is 22" not 21.. a whole extra inch of TOASTY!
Nice... ok.. so now the question is, do I even need to bring either of these TV's I have access to? I assume we'll need one TV for the Dreamcast for SFA3 and possibly ST and MVC2.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Phil if you have room for the extra TVs, bring them just in case. Definitely need dedicated speakers for MK. Whoever is supplying the PC for it, let's try and finalize that as I'd like to go over stuff with them to make sure everything is good.

summoning

Phil if you have room for the extra TVs, bring them just in case. Definitely need dedicated speakers for MK. Whoever is supplying the PC for it, let's try and finalize that as I'd like to go over stuff with them to make sure everything is good.
Shock call me or msg me later about some stuff that im thinking about bringing. I also think its a good idea to get all this sorted out in advance, Let me know what cables you guys may need as well

Noob
So far we have:

Shock: - 2 dedicated MK sticks, various converters

Summoning: - Laptop and connections for the laptops to go to the monitors/tv's, 2 sticks

Alpha_Blob: - Laptop, projector(depending on whether Lance lets us use it...I'll call him later)

9.95 - TV's with s-video input, 360, PS3, Dreamcast, and games. 1-3 Sticks, ps2 to ps3/pc converter, ps2/saturn to dreamcast converter, various pads as needed, traditional video camera, digital camera with digital video capability, tripod.

styroteqe - one set of dedicated speakers, 22" flat display crt monitor

kiki aka game - sony hd digital video camera

we still need:
-at least one more pc monitor

-one more set of dedicated speakers.

-methods of recording through the pc's

-deciding on what version of mame we'll be using

-make sure we have the roms ready to go, and all 3 hiddens unlocked.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I want to be able to connect like 6 controller types so we need a hub or something. If Made In NY guys show, we need to have two 6 button sticks connected, 2 regular sticks, and two controllers. Might be a good idea to have mame saved in two dirs with seperate configs if necessary so we don't have to reconfig constantly. At NEC6 I had 4 controllers (2 different types on both sides) 2 sticks, and the KB all connected, basically just had them split down the middle so there was always an option open for whoever needed it.

Noob
I want to be able to connect like 6 controller types so we need a hub or something. If Made In NY guys show, we need to have two 6 button sticks connected, 2 regular sticks, and two controllers. Might be a good idea to have mame saved in two dirs with seperate configs if necessary so we don't have to reconfig constantly. At NEC6 I had 4 controllers (2 different types on both sides) 2 sticks, and the KB all connected, basically just had them split down the middle so there was always an option open for whoever needed it.

Wer're definitely going to have the sticks and controllers. Between your 2 dedicated MK sticks, summoning's mk stick, summoning's SF stick, my mk/sf hybrid layout stick, and the various gamepads that I'll be bringing, we're going to have more than enough ways to play.

I would recommend that anyone who prefers the 360 pad for playing that they bring a wired 360 pad. I will have various ps2/ps1/saturn pads available for those who want them, and I may also have a ps1/ps2 stick available. Shock, you're also bringing your SF stick for the 3s tourney, right?

Summoning, can you handle a couple USB hubs?

summoning

I have 4 usb ports on my laptop , and i should have a few hubs layin around. What else is needed?

Also Phil if you can post the tenative times for each tourney that would help get people there for what they want to play

Noob
I have 4 usb ports on my laptop , and i should have a few hubs layin around. What else is needed?

Also Phil if you can post the tenative times for each tourney that would help get people there for what they want to play

the tentative times are posted on the first post of this thread, but basically, here's the rundown:

Tournaments will run throughout the day, with some tournaments starting early and some starting late. Registrations will begin 1 hour before each tournament starts.

Early Tournaments: Reg. from 12noon to 1. Tournaments to start around 1-1:30pm

Mortal Kombat II
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Soul Calibur 4
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Late Tournaments: Reg from appx. 4-4:30 to 5/5:30. Tournaments to start around 5:30/6pm

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Guilty Gear Accent Core

Noob
Street Fighter Alpha 3 should be played on Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. The DC port is far from arcade perfect.
It depends if we want the SFA3 or SFA3 Upper version. I'm being told over on SRK that people prefer SFA3 to Upper, so SFA3 it's going to be.

im either bringing my laptop (HP nc 8430) or my boss will let me sign out a HP 8510, that laptop has 2 GB ram and also has HDMI. either way, both laptops are great. i am also bringing my projector. if anyone can think of anything else just let me know what eles i can do to contribute to this event.

Phil it was great chatting with you on the phone the other day, nice meeting you too. cant wait!!! i can also bring my ps3, just let me know what else i can do. i MIGHT even be able to bring 2 laptops, MIGHT.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just make sure the 3S players are OK with FB. I know players complain about unpredictability of converter lag and as little as 1 frame of input delay based on the emulator itself. I have no problem with playing any game through an emulator when the arcade is not available, because the console versions generally never feel the same as the arcade anyway.