What's new

Question - Hollywood Cassie nerfs

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Different timing but I think you will adjust. F34 is still a hkd and a strict punish for a select few of chars.

She doesn't play that much different because of these minor nerfs in my opinion.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Different timing but I think you will adjust. F34 is still a hkd and a strict punish for a select few of chars.

She doesn't play that much different because of these minor nerfs in my opinion.
No, she doesn't. Complaint was more about making us relearn combos (not just for optimal damage, but so it actually combos) and the timing of it all not being on a Monday and such as people have majors this weekend.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
No, she doesn't. Complaint was more about making us relearn combos (not just for optimal damage, but so it actually combos) and the timing of it all not being on a Monday and such as people have majors this weekend.
Problem is people will have majors for like the next month..nothing they could really do there.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
how many diff combos do Cassie players do tho. Like 10 different combos? I doubt the timing is really that bad. If she is the only char you play, you'll be fine.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
how many diff combos do Cassie players do tho. Like 10 different combos? I doubt the timing is really that bad. If she is the only char you play, you'll be fine.
Denzell how many times have you heard DING DONG on our PSN chats?!?!? That's 10 combos per match!!! She NEEEEEEEEEEDS IT!!!!!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Quick suggestion to anyone complaining about relearning combos:

instead of F34, why not try.....F3?

What sucks about this is, NRS didn't even nerf the correct thing. She needs her corner damage normalized. Even after losing F34, she can still get 40 plus meterless in the corner....so what did this accomplish? Nothing other than pissing off a bunch of people who were in love with their corner BnBs.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

You don't get the juicy damage from it and there's better, more damaging, options that just F3. F34 was 18% compared to F3 on its own which is only 5%. Plus F34 looks soooo freaking cooler :p

haketh

Noob
The big deal is the frame data changes due to the corrections, lots of important factors in MUs could be cahnged right now that people ahven't even adjusted to, don't even get me started on the XB1 players not having the patch yet.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
You right splat is still good tho in my opinion. Because of how strong she is up close.
What makes it good? if you don't mind me asking. If the person tech rolls (which they should every time) then the opponent literally gets sent one small step from full screen. This means Cassies only safe options are to shoot guns. She doesn't have anything after that, no mixups, not even a check with run up B1. Just full screen guns. She loses the edge over the opponent.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
The big deal is the frame data changes due to the corrections, lots of important factors in MUs could be cahnged right now that people ahven't even adjusted to, don't even get me started on the XB1 players not having the patch yet.
MU might change slightly but she still pretty much plays exactly the same.
What makes it good? if you don't mind me asking. If the person tech rolls (which they should every time) then the opponent literally gets sent one small step from full screen. This means Cassies only safe options are to shoot guns. She doesn't have anything after that, no mixups, not even a check with run up B1. Just full screen guns. She loses the edge over the opponent.
where will your opponent go in the corner?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
MU might change slightly but she still pretty much plays exactly the same.

where will your opponent go in the corner?
Why would you ever go for splat knockdown when you can restand them with advantage using nutpunch?

Anyways, I'm already over it. Got my new corner combos down already so I'm set. Just gotta re-lab shinnock and a couple of other chars with this new patch.

Yeah... That's doesn't work. We've already found replacement combos but f33 kinda works (off some starters in the corner), but f3 by itself has way too much recovery to combo off.

Problem is people will have majors for like the next month..nothing they could really do there.
Could've been released on a Sunday/Monday so at least we have the week to get used to it.

E

Eldriken

All this talk about automatic updates and no one has pointed out that you can DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES? You can make it to where your console doesn't download a fuckin' thing while in rest mode. :|

The most that will happen is when you start the game, it will start to download the update, which you can pause and then delete before turning off the console. Good lawd, folks.

Go into your settings and adjust your power saving options. :|

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Why would you ever go for splat knockdown when you can restand them with advantage using nutpunch?

Anyways, I'm already over it. Got my new corner combos down already so I'm set. Just gotta re-lab shinnock and a couple of other chars with this new patch.

Yeah... That's doesn't work. We've already found replacement combos but f33 kinda works (off some starters in the corner), but f3 by itself has way too much recovery to combo off.

Could've been released on a Sunday/Monday so at least we have the week to get used to it.
No not end combos in f34 lmao. It can be used when you are pressuring your opponent.

Yeah overall still a very good char

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
She is still good, yes. But it just sucks having to learn new combos off of everything in the corner when it took me specifically so long to get them down. It also sucks that that its not 0 on block anymore which is the main reason I played this variation. An 18% overhead where I could move at the same time as the opponent is really appealing to me and made me wanna play her and now she doesn't have it which sucks. Sure it is probably more fair for it to be -8 but then why tease us and give it to us in the first place?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
As one of the best Injustice players and a solid player all around you would think @KDZ would know that the best characters are inevitably going to be nerfed. God forbid they don't ask you your schedule before they make an update to their game.

You are one player of millions. Get over it

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Really NRS, a day and a half before a major you pull this shit?

A list of documented and undocumented nerfs, forcing only one character to relearn both their bnb and their playstyle from scratch?

On a character without any competitive tournament wins?
Kdz maybe they should play the pre patch version at toryuken considering no one has had a chance to learn the new patch. It is the logical solution