What's new

Question - Hollywood Cassie nerfs

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Other game companies do that have major tournaments scheduled. KI doesn't do this, Dota 2 doesn't do this, for quick examples. So yes, they can (and should) be expected to release their patches at opportune times.

You think that the onus is on the tournament hosts to magically ensure that no system has the update that's being used? I'm not sure what fairy land you live in, but that's more difficult than it sounds on top of the work that goes into hosting it in the first place.

Like others have said, it's a slap in the face from NRS.

But what surprises me most is that any of you who have been here for some time now are surprised. NRS does not give much support to tournament goers - they didn't for MK9, they didn't for Injustice. They cater towards casuals because casuals are valued higher as their main source of income.

Ninja edit - NRS showing up at tournaments is the lowest amount of support they can give. They also threw in some prize money a couple times...great. These patch timings are far bigger because they influence the outcome of the tournaments directly. They also alter gameplay negatively for people who are spending significant amounts of their own money to fly to these events and support their game.

Piss poor.
I've seen DOTA 2 release a complete balance patch in the middle of a set

Xbox one players dnt have it yet? Ouch, but for those who do, Cassie is almost exactly the same. I play Cassie as well and f3,4 I still can use, just no special cancel. Saying it is useless is completely ridiculous lmao. U have a safe overhead vs like the whole cast that pushes back and is 17% damage and that is useless? Give me a break. Now with regards to it happening before a major, I show sympathy for u guys only because u don't have that much time to adjust.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Why would you ever go for splat knockdown when you can restand them with advantage using nutpunch?

Anyways, I'm already over it. Got my new corner combos down already so I'm set. Just gotta re-lab shinnock and a couple of other chars with this new patch.

Yeah... That's doesn't work. We've already found replacement combos but f33 kinda works (off some starters in the corner), but f3 by itself has way too much recovery to combo off.

Could've been released on a Sunday/Monday so at least we have the week to get used to it.
NRS doesnt control when the patches come out. Otherwise why would they not release on both consoles at the same time?

It is purely up to Microsoft and Sony.

So like, f34 is still safe. Its only really punishable by reptile.
Also b124 also says its +1 on block for me so even if it was 0 on block I'd still abuse it.

aj1701

Noob
All this talk about automatic updates and no one has pointed out that you can DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES? You can make it to where your console doesn't download a fuckin' thing while in rest mode. :|

The most that will happen is when you start the game, it will start to download the update, which you can pause and then delete before turning off the console. Good lawd, folks.

Go into your settings and adjust your power saving options. :|
Also, you can just shut it off completely instead of rest mode.