What's new

Video/Tutorial - Brawler Cassie Day 1/2 Brawler and Meterless Corner Combos

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
So her corner game is pretty solid in all 3 variations.

Meterless standing resets into pressure in Hollywood/Brawler and missiles into pressure in Spec Ops. Interesting.

Can't wait to get into the lab with her & Erron.

Shady

Noob
Nice, I do the same in Hollywood, except a little different in the middle to get about 34% no meter into nutpunch reset. Really nice situation there. Might sub in that second jumping kick for the 11 212 I do though. Nice combo.

I'm thinking In Spec Ops you should be able to end all of them with a hard knockdown into EX Missile or close missile for shenanigans.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
For more damaging corner combos:

Easy one: 242 jump punch 3 xx db2 3 xx db2 b12 xx bf3 37%
Harder: 242 jump punch 3 xx db2 3 212 db2 b1 xx bf3 38%
F2 1+3 standing reset ender: 242 jump punch 3 xx db2 3 xx db2 f2 1+3 36% which is awesome because it does as much as the command throw ender

Bnbs off of strings:

Starter string (212, b12, b212, f3, df1, etc) xx db2 run cancel 3 212 212 xx db2 b12 xx bf3 or f2 1+2 is somewhere from 36-38% meterless depending on the launcher and ender.

Last edited:

HaWXx Is Rippin

In the Akatsuki hideout, Hiding.

F2 1+3 standing reset ender: 242 jump punch 3 xx db2 3 xx db2 f2 1+3 36% which is awesome because it does as much as the command throw ender

Bnbs off of strings:

Starter string (212, b12, b212, f3, df1, etc) xx db2 run cancel 3 212 212 xx db2 b12 xx bf3 or f2 1+2 is somewhere from 36-38% meterless depending on the auncher and ender.
Ooooooooo glad you mentioned that, have you got anything with meter in the corner atm? The only thing thats worth spending it on is maybe enhance grab, but even then she can do that meterless.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Ooooooooo glad you mentioned that, have you got anything with meter in the corner atm? The only thing thats worth spending it on is maybe enhance grab, but even then she can do that meterless.
Honestly I haven't really been using meter in her bnbs. I've been saving it for ex missiles in spec ops for setups/running in on neutral or ex cartwheel for extra damage in bnbs/wakeups. In brawler all my meter goes to ex air throw stuff into standing resets if I land a stray hit or reversals/killing with that extra damage ex cartwheel gets you.

@Sajam

"Bnbs off of strings:

Starter string (212, b12, b212, f3, df1, etc) xx db2 run cancel 3 212 212 xx db2 b12 xx bf3 or f2 1+2 is somewhere from 36-38% meterless depending on the auncher and ender."

youre saying this is midscreen?
db2 run cancel 3 212 212 ?? doesnt make sense to me at all video or explanation plzz

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
@Sajam

"Bnbs off of strings:

Starter string (212, b12, b212, f3, df1, etc) xx db2 run cancel 3 212 212 xx db2 b12 xx bf3 or f2 1+2 is somewhere from 36-38% meterless depending on the auncher and ender."

db2 run cancel 3 212 212 ?? doesnt make sense to me at all video or explanation plzz
Nah that was all corner combos.

Shady

Noob

Bnbs off of strings:

Starter string (212, b12, b212, f3, df1, etc) xx db2 run cancel 3 212 212 xx db2 b12 xx bf3 or f2 1+2 is somewhere from 36-38% meterless depending on the launcher and ender.

These are nice. I'm not a big fan of 3% extra damage, I'd rather give that up for a nice set up.

For example in Hollywood (242 xx neutral jump punch xx jumping 4 xx 4 xx db2 xx run in xx 11 xx 212 xx bd3). Does about 34% meterless and leaves them standing for more pressure. Also still need to test this, but theoretically in Spec Ops you can end with a hard knockdown string and a Close/EX Missile for corner pressure.

HaWXx Is Rippin

In the Akatsuki hideout, Hiding.
These are nice. I'm not a big fan of 3% extra damage, I'd rather give that up for a nice set up.

For example in Hollywood (242 xx neutral jump punch xx jumping 4 xx 4 xx db2 xx run in xx 11 xx 212 xx bd3). Does about 34% meterless and leaves them standing for more pressure. Also still need to test this, but theoretically in Spec Ops you can end with a hard knockdown string and a Close/EX Missile for corner pressure.
How are you finding Hollywood? Ive messed with the other 2!

Have you played brawler? Hiw do you think it compares? Better?

Shady

Noob
How are you finding Hollywood? Ive messed with the other 2!

Have you played brawler? Hiw do you think it compares? Better?
I like brawler a bit for pressure with command grabs to keep them guessing. Her low/overhead mixup game is great so I think having command grabs adds a lot to that.

I really like Hollywood though because it's a mix of pressure and space control. Still getting the hang of air guns, but you can get them off pretty low to the ground to keep the spacing. I also like ending combos into nut cracker for the +3. Because she's so fast with her normals that usually leads into a tonne of pressure on the ground.

I'll get my corner set up on YouTube tonight.

i feel like youre almost never going to be landing a 242 in a match. its negative, slow, and you have b12 (one of the best strings in the game) f3 (really good overhead), and b212 (has a funky low hit). 242 is kinda just there. ive only been getting it off of a jump in really and even then rarely because you have to commit to the whole thing without confirming and its (i think) -2

Shady

Noob
i feel like youre almost never going to be landing a 242 in a match. its negative, slow, and you have b12 (one of the best strings in the game) f3 (really good overhead), and b212 (has a funky low hit). 242 is kinda just there. ive only been getting it off of a jump in really and even then rarely because you have to commit to the whole thing without confirming and its (i think) -2
Oh, I'm with you there. I was just doing them negative first day things. Obviously going to change as the game grows. Excited to figure out more stuff with her. The B12 is so godlike right now.

@Sajam

"Bnbs off of strings:

what does xx mean?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
what does xx mean?
xx means you're 'linking' a move directly into a special. Technically in MK engine terms it's a "cancel", but since that word has a few different uses and can be confusing, think of it as doing the move immediately so that it comes out linked to the move before it.