What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage Cassie Changes 10/04/16

The patch is now live, we can adjust to the changes. I have yet to play a human, but even in practice mode I can feel the movement restriction. Starting a run into b12 bnb drains almost entire stamina bar. Cassie normal movement will come in handy even more now. No more running guys, save it for your b12 hit confirms. We are playing Street Fighter right now.
F3 isnt slower, there's a bit of delay before f3 comes out, making it fuzzy guardable. It seems so after a jump in or even raw. I have a prediction. If running affects everyone as it affects Cassie, we have moved up a tier. Thanks to forward advancing b12 and overall great neutral. If other characters won't suffer as much as Cassie with this new stamina system, we dropped a tier, as we will have to pick between doing a combo or closing the distance. Dashing will be the new run. The rest of changes that are universal will only benefit Cassie, we received our October update in March :)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
yep, noticed the f3 right away especially in the corner if you're going for that 242 f3. It's impossible to connect now. I'm thinking, we might want to start launch combos with f44 now because of the stamina restriction. You can easily dash from that distance.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The timing is just a bit different, right?

Nope, same timing.
yep, noticed the f3 right away especially in the corner if you're going for that 242 f3. It's impossible to connect now. I'm thinking, we might want to start launch combos with f44 now because of the stamina restriction. You can easily dash from that distance.

Yeah, time to change a few things up.

shura30

Shura
242 f33 combos just turned into 242 121 combos
so far it's the worst nerf,
gotta get consistent on those f2 juggles now

btw no more jailing into 50s from a jumpin..if you jumpin and f3 there's a gap now
also, the recovery on the flip is lol..no more free meter building

Simply, we got hit again.
Cassie is still super solid. Atleast in hollywood. I was able to run up b12 kitana in her reflect state from afar on screen and combo with another runb12 nut punch. Rc nerf isn't a problem, her stamina reloads fast enough for another combo rep after you finish first combo. Idk about spec ops though, I think this might hurt spec ops.

Not being able to combo off f33 isn't an issue either because she has other strings to combo that do same damage. With all characters losing launching armour hollywood Cassie has the invincible nutpunch that will go through any gap and be as amazing as a wakeup. Which is a 50/50 of launching essentially because the free 50/50 she gets.

F3 is still pretty much non reactable from what I've seen. You just cant do jump in punch 50/50. This isn't a problem after exnutpunch because you can just walk up 50/50. Just sucks she can't cross up 50/50 to put opponent in corner. But she can crossup jp to her low options and b121 1+2. The low options jail, if they think you're going to over head and try to armour/backdash you'll hit them with low. Nobody launches with armour anymore either. So it's not a huge risk if you go for jp overhead after ex nutpunch. Even regular nut punch ia better, you can catch back dashes with b1 or you can throw out b121 1+2. Before you had to worry about armour, armour is not nearly as strong very less risk to go for a mix after nut punch. Alot of people simply try to backdash but b12 covers that.

What makes absolutely no sense to me is how brawlers command grabs didn't get 2 hits of armour when other characters command grabds did. They don't combo....

Last edited:

Ardul

Noob
Playing again the game coz its finally in PC. Lot of things have changed after this time ( 1 year?). She was top 10 or Top 5 in that moment, what do u thing now? Is she in Top 10? what chars could be now in Top 10?

I play Kitana as well, and she looks better this patch, so I guess I will practice with her as 2nd char.

With all characters losing launching armour hollywood Cassie has the invincible nutpunch that will go through any gap and be as amazing as a wakeup. Which is a 50/50 of launching essentially because the free 50/50 she gets.
i could be wrong but it seems that she does not have 50/50 anymore.

when you hit them with ex nut punch, they are in stagger state, you can not hit them.
when you are able to hit them, they can just block low then up. its like to block the f/d1 low starter string itself without cancel into flipkick

low starter is 13 frames
overhead starter is 20 frames.
People still getting hit by it seems pretty unreactable to me.

shura30

Shura
People still getting hit by it seems pretty unreactable to me.
there are no true 50/50 now
as long as you don't jump in and leave the gap
20 frames (f3) or 13 (df1) is not that much also, I feel that with the ohs being slower is easier to d3 df1 d4 people and follow up from there

but really, getting in against decent projectiles is an obstacle course
once there the reward is fine but damm what a nerve workout

there are no true 50/50 now
as long as you don't jump in and leave the gap
20 frames (f3) or 13 (df1) is not that much also, I feel that with the ohs being slower is easier to d3 df1 d4 people and follow up from there

but really, getting in against decent projectiles is an obstacle course
once there the reward is fine but damm what a nerve workout
Its a true 50/50 if you walk in f3 or df1. No longer true with jp though. But there still are 5050s with a lot of characters. Ermac still got his because to NRS 16 frame overhead is reactable.... Yet they took errons 16 frame overhead away.

omg dude...
a true 50/50 is when low and oh starter are equal fast. or almost at least. here you got 7 frame difference.
pre patch it was just 2 frames difference. that was actually a true 50/50
You have the option to make them guess low or OH. Lol, its still a 50/50..

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
they dont need to guess if they block low then up. that covers your both options.
wtf i did explain it already!

ok, you could delay your OH starter and catch them but that has nothing to do with 50/50s anymore.
they could just jump away on read or poke you out.
You would delay the low. So if they fuzzy, they are in the oh part of fuzzy blocking and get hit by low. Or grab and rebuild stamina. Or go for guaranteed chip. It's not all about 50 50s

shura30

Shura
what you guys are saying is true
but the definition of a 50/50 comes off those moves that are really close in startup frames
let's not spread misinformation and keep the lingo

You would delay the low. So if they fuzzy, they are in the oh part of fuzzy blocking and get hit by low. Or grab and rebuild stamina. Or go for guaranteed chip. It's not all about 50 50s
Thats right. I am just saying she dont have it anymore.
Lbsh she has been nerfed every patch since release. Lol
Against zoning chars and players who turtle and know the match up, she will struggle now more then ever.
Just imho ;)

they dont need to guess if they block low then up. that covers your both options.
""""""""""""""""""""""""wtf i did explain it already!"""""""""""""""""""""

ok, you could delay your OH starter and catch them but that has nothing to do with 50/50s anymore.
they could just jump away on read or poke you out.
Yeah because your always right! Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Last edited: