What's new

Match Footage - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage video thread

I had a nice Player Match against a 502 wins SubZero

My execution wasn't the best in this match but I pulled some good reads and dis some good punishes, especially with his wakeup backdash and slide

Bembi

Noob
How about you guys put more videos here? I would like to see post-patch Cassie and her place in this new world

JoJoShiro

NRS Scrub

Hopefully it's ok to post this here. It's a few online ranked matches I had yesterday. This is the first time that I've sat down to learn an NRS game so looking to get some feedback here.

A few takeaways I've gotten from reviewing the matches are:
- Work on execution. I do have problems landing combos online, so I should focus on the ones I can do. Also, I should probably utilize the db3 a lot more.
- Definitely need to learn and work on corner combos.
- My mind and fingers tend to go on an "auto-pilot" mode at times
- Really had problems when it came to Possessed Kenshi using that one teleport move as well as when a Liu Kang started spamming the fireballs. I'm guessing against Kenshi, I should've tried back-stepping to punish.
- I really think I need to start playing more aggresively

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Hopefully it's ok to post this here. It's a few online ranked matches I had yesterday. This is the first time that I've sat down to learn an NRS game so looking to get some feedback here.

A few takeaways I've gotten from reviewing the matches are:
- Work on execution. I do have problems landing combos online, so I should focus on the ones I can do. Also, I should probably utilize the db3 a lot more.
- Definitely need to learn and work on corner combos.
- My mind and fingers tend to go on an "auto-pilot" mode at times
- Really had problems when it came to Possessed Kenshi using that one teleport move as well as when a Liu Kang started spamming the fireballs. I'm guessing against Kenshi, I should've tried back-stepping to punish.
- I really think I need to start playing more aggresively

Any feedback would be appreciated!
I've found that it can be useful to use an armored wakeup against someone with pressure like Liu Kang. Incorporate 242 as well if you want to start a launcher without the flip kick.

skater11

The saltiest
hai u guise. here's a poorly edited sample of me being trash vs @Envythis, the sonya of online texas.

[vid]

feel free to tell me to stop playing fgs.
Oh but you don't post the ones where I read you like a book. Lol just kidding GGs. But how are you uploading these? Are you using the Xbox one's dvr or a capture card?

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Oh but you don't post the ones where I read you like a book. Lol just kidding GGs. But how are you uploading these? Are you using the Xbox one's dvr or a capture card?
xbox dvr, then edit them all together, and post it up. i lost most of the set, this is all i had to post. good thing, now nobody can see me get flawlessed 10-0.

also @TopTierHarley can i have props for using a bottom 5 variation

Bembi

Noob
hai u guise. here's a poorly edited sample of me being trash vs @Envythis, the sonya of online texas.

feel free to tell me to stop playing fgs.
Loved the vid. To be less useless, here are the tips:
- you don't try to put pressure when you have 1 round lead and 60% health lead. It is your opponent, who needs to worry about loss. Wait for the wrong move and punish.
- Cass has more mixups, than you use. Once your enemy starts reading your main pattern of choice (... nutpunch -> F34), your string is blocked.
- stop doing neutral jumps (so much)
- add throws

Overall it's not much about execution (you have a nice one), but about variety of moves that you use. I suggest you seriously minimize the usage of F34, because this string now is nothing but stylish.

Shaazzyam

Loved the vid. To be less useless, here are the tips:
- you don't try to put pressure when you have 1 round lead and 60% health lead. It is your opponent, who needs to worry about loss. Wait for the wrong move and punish.
- Cass has more mixups, than you use. Once your enemy starts reading your main pattern of choice (... nutpunch -> F34), your string is blocked.
- stop doing neutral jumps (so much)
- add throws

Overall it's not much about execution (you have a nice one), but about variety of moves that you use. I suggest you seriously minimize the usage of F34, because this string now is nothing but stylish.
thanks for the feedback.

-it's online, i just close my eyes, go in, and push buttons.
- i'm not so sure, at least in hollywood . her offensive game plan is do a 50/50 into nutpunch for more 50/50. i feel brawler has the more mixup potential. i can understand f34 bur it's the safest overhead option, nets decent damage, has good pushback - it's not what it once was but i just like to abuse safe and good options.
- nj is the shazzy special.
- yes.

i look forward to hearing input on future videos. i'll prob put up some brawler stuff soon.

Bembi

Noob
thanks for the feedback.

-it's online, i just close my eyes, go in, and push buttons.
- i'm not so sure, at least in hollywood . her offensive game plan is do a 50/50 into nutpunch for more 50/50. i feel brawler has the more mixup potential. f34 is the safest overhead option, nets decent damage, has good pushback - it's not what it once was but i still like it. i just like to abuse safe and good options.
- nj is the shazzy special.
- yes.

i look forward to hearing input on future videos. i'll prob put up some brawler stuff soon.
I comment only Hollywood. But since there is nobody else, I can comment even brawler :(
Ah, as for overhead, you can sometimes use F3->backwheel (or what's the name)

Shaazzyam

I comment only Hollywood. But since there is nobody else, I can comment even brawler :(
Ah, as for overhead, you can sometimes use F3->backwheel (or what's the name)
you didn't hear it from me, but brawler is equal to, if not better than hollywood. try it out.

in some sitatuions f3 xx flip is safe, ya.

Shaazzyam

This post will serve as a graveyard until @TopTierHarley stops ducking me.

Every week he doesn't sign on, I will post a match of a D'vorrah being mopped, starting tonight. I am a man of my word, Toptierharley.

Whatever, like... D'vorrah is made out of is on his hands now.

RIP

Last edited:

Bembi

Noob
This post will serve as a graveyard until @TopTierHarley stops ducking me.

Every week he doesn't sign on, I will post a match of a D'vorrah being mopped, starting tonight. I am a man of my word, Toptierharley.

Whatever, like... D'vorrah is made out of is on his hands now.

RIP

That moment at around 0:05 is an example of perfect spacing. Overall there's not much to comment, because your victim didn't do well. Also those attempts to put you in the air with insects... didn`t work even once, so why repeating this again and again.

Shaazzyam

Lmao at "Victim 1". Also did you have to do the brutal though lol.
you know it.
That moment at around 0:05 is an example of perfect spacing. Overall there's not much to comment, because your victim didn't do well. Also those attempts to put you in the air with insects... didn`t work even once, so why repeating this again and again.
this series wont't be to show of high level d'vorrah play, if such a thing exists in the first place. it's about me sending a message to toptierharley.

Bembi

Noob
you know it.

this series wont't be to show of high level d'vorrah play, if such a thing exists in the first place. it's about me sending a message to toptierharley.
Dude, there's nothing else to comment. Send more messages to toptierharley

I know that you guys have been dying to see some mediocre lvl gameplay of your favourite character, so enjoy.

I ran into this youtuber in ranked today and was praying to Elder Gods that i won't make it into 1 of his "funny moments of people being total scrubs in fighting games" videos.

Last edited: