What's new

Match Footage - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage video thread

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I usually D3 to catch people pressing buttons, then go for DF1 or F3.
Ive always blocked after that string. I didnt know you could cjeck people after it.
You get a lot of success with the d3? The F3 seems risky

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Ive always blocked after that string. I didnt know you could cjeck people after it.
You get a lot of success with the d3? The F3 seems risky

Yes. When you make people respect df1 and condition them to block low, they'll think twice before pressing buttons and that leaves them open for the overhead.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
So im not sure if its character specific or you actually get a d1 after your opponent blocks the b124, but Claude was getting a lot of those.
d3 can only be armoured through. On hit it's + enough for a mixup. On block you're safe. Once you condition them to block low, you can go straight into the 50/50 with f3.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
d3 can only be armoured through. On hit it's + enough for a mixup. On block you're safe. Once you condition them to block low, you can go straight into the 50/50 with f3.
I guess online is a different beast. The amount of d3 checks i get in a row are just nuts.
Any video gameplay from you yet? Im interested in how you play Cassie. And the variation you choose

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I guess online is a different beast. The amount of d3 checks i get in a row are just nuts.
Any video gameplay from you yet? Im interested in how you play Cassie. And the variation you choose
I use hollywood, and not sure if there is. If so, it's like day 3 footage from the first local hahaha. BAM2015 is coming up soon and I'll be competing in that though.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Not sure why that wasnt a brutality. Landed enougj nut punches:/
The opponent has to be grounded. I always go for it if they're below 15%. DF1/F3 xx nutpunch is an autokill. Which one I use at the end depends on how they've been blocking. It's guaranteed in chip territory.

Edit:

Enjoy the Brutality Spree :D!

Last edited:

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
2 hour session with @RedRaptor10 online, started with Hollywood and then quickly switched to Spec Ops. I get slaughtered for the first few matches but I think we went even in wins by the end of the set.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I just started playing Spec Ops and I am looking for tips. If you guys get a chance to watch this let me know what I could be doing better mostly in terms of setups and stuff because I know I am probably leaving a lot on the table.

@Pan1cMode @The BOSS @Shady @GuamoKun @crosstalk @Fergus
Sorry, I didn't get the tag ._.

Just a couple of things you might wanna try doing; you got hit by his wakeups almost every time. You can use f44 to stuff them, or you can just block (particularly if there is already a missile coming towards him haha). As for setups, I like the b4 one you had with overhead rocket, tricky stuff. Maybe work on squeezing more damage out? Particularly in the corner.

delbuster

hungry
ive got my own personal bag of spec ops tricks that im trying to optimize before sharing. basically though, exmissile+b4 is a bit easy to defend vs, so i try to use b212 (cancel the low second hit into flip before third hit) instead.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Sorry, I didn't get the tag ._.

Just a couple of things you might wanna try doing; you got hit by his wakeups almost every time. You can use f44 to stuff them, or you can just block (particularly if there is already a missile coming towards him haha). As for setups, I like the b4 one you had with overhead rocket, tricky stuff. Maybe work on squeezing more damage out? Particularly in the corner.
Yeah I do try and do f44 a lot to condition my opponent, but seem to mistime it still sometimes. Connection was good in those matches so I probably just need to figure out what the best timing is on the most common wakeups across the cast. I don't think me getting stuffed was just because of online timing only.

What is the most common bnb you are doing in the corner to get more damage? I just typically do starter into flip, 212, 123~flip, 123~missile. I am sure that after I get a setup to work and re-launch I can do a way better job of capitalizing on my damage there, I def still miss some stuff on the conversion end of things.

I like b4 rocket since sweeps pop up your opponent a bit, just enough for the rocket to hit them while they are in the air. If you condition your opponent to block the sweep and the overhead then just run in and f3 or just block, worst cast you still are at hella advantage.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah I do try and do f44 a lot to condition my opponent, but seem to mistime it still sometimes. Connection was good in those matches so I probably just need to figure out what the best timing is on the most common wakeups across the cast. I don't think me getting stuffed was just because of online timing only.

What is the most common bnb you are doing in the corner to get more damage? I just typically do starter into flip, 212, 123~flip, 123~missile. I am sure that after I get a setup to work and re-launch I can do a way better job of capitalizing on my damage there, I def still miss some stuff on the conversion end of things.

I like b4 rocket since sweeps pop up your opponent a bit, just enough for the rocket to hit them while they are in the air. If you condition your opponent to block the sweep and the overhead then just run in and f3 or just block, worst cast you still are at hella advantage.
I'm using starter~db2, RUN~33, 212, 123, f24~dd1

If the starter is a missile,

missile/normal (whichever hits first), 33 212, 123~db2, 123~missile

delbuster

hungry
concept i have right now is that all of my setups are ez to get out of and punishable by some chars by tech roll. so if i hit them in the corner i have to do different enders (at least in # of hits) before canceling into missile so they miss the tech roll.

spec ops flip starter (b12 flip, f3 flip, d+f1 flip) -> run 121 212 212 flip run 123 missile (38ish). i think b212d1+2 is possible instead of run 123 at the end.
omit a 212 to be safe vs tech roll + reversal like sub zero

that route you have is interesting. i may look more into it. i am pretty sure early 121 is optimal for spec ops though.
hmm you don't use 2 flips. there's also a flip -> normals into american way -> flip -> normals into missiles route which builds the most meter.

missile starter -> get into position -> 121 212 212 flip -> pops them higher than flip starter so you can get anything here. 123 or f24 or b212d1+2 which all are different amount of hits

Back with some more of my Cassie gameplay. I play Dj_muddbutt from time to time online and he is a good player all around. Please take a look at these matches and let me know what you think.

Vs. Quan Chi

Vs. Jacqui

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I ran a nice FT 10 with a good Erron Black player on PSN

This was pre patch, so take it with a grain of salt.