What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Kal

<3
I'm really loving Cassie, and even though I hate having the drone following me, I'm still enjoying her a lot.
So definitely sticking to her and Noob. Now if only I could unlock shit for her easier than relying on stupid RNG.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Braindead has the game and I got him to test it

It's true boys ;_; lmfaooo

At least Amp Low Shot is true launcher apparently, though in that case I don't understand why NRS have made her energy burst in the other preset a two slot move when all it does is launch for a bar just like her low shot. Yet another baffling decision by NRS lmao. I hope I'm wrong and that it gives her crazy damage or something
It seems they want her to have 30% mid screen and 50% in the corner like in MKX. So freaking DUMB that the shot is a mid, what the heck was the point of that? That feeling when your main gets nerfed day -4. FFS.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I'm really loving Cassie, and even though I hate having the drone following me, I'm still enjoying her a lot.
So definitely sticking to her and Noob. Now if only I could unlock shit for her easier than relying on stupid RNG.
What kinda combos you getting with her mid screen? Like percentage wise?

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
It seems they want her to have 30% mid screen and 50% in the corner like in MKX. So freaking DUMB that the shot is a mid, what the heck was the point of that? That feeling when your main gets nerfed day -4. FFS.
I feel your pain ;_;

This is the kinda damage she's looking at midscreen: Apparently J3 1 B24 nutpunch does a bit more

I wonder how this compares to the damage she gets in the other preset. I guess in that you could potentially do B24 amp burst B13 B3 B24 nutpunch. And in the corner you'd definitely get more damage off the burst than the low shot I reckon

Kal

<3
What kinda combos you getting with her mid screen? Like percentage wise?

Nothing too special, around 30% or something. I have a hard time playing on a controller. I'm mostly a PC player but picked up this game on PS4 mostly because I got it early. My fightstick does not work on my PS4 (it's an old SFIV Tournament Edition madcatz) so I'm stuck struggling with the piece of shit controller. I'm trying though. I will dedicate more time to Cassie soon, kinda hopping around the cast right now to check out more characters.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Nothing too special, around 30% or something. I have a hard time playing on a controller. I'm mostly a PC player but picked up this game on PS4 mostly because I got it early. My fightstick does not work on my PS4 (it's an old SFIV Tournament Edition madcatz) so I'm stuck struggling with the piece of shit controller. I'm trying though. I will dedicate more time to Cassie soon, kinda hopping around the cast right now to check out more characters.
That’s cool, that’s the kind of damage she got in MKX, as long as they look swaggy. Have you tried a pad like the hori commander? I found it’s so much better than a regular pad.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Im thinking of replacing Sub as a secondary, can I join the Cassie club as a refugee pls? :(

Digital Soldier looks dope even if the shots are mid. She has so much flare I can't resist.

Kal

<3
That’s cool, that’s the kind of damage she got in MKX, as long as they look swaggy. Have you tried a pad like the hori commander? I found it’s so much better than a regular pad.
No I have not tried that, I'll look into it. I heard there is some sort of an adapter that would make my stick work on my PS4 so if I find it it will be glorious.

@STB Sgt Reed I found what you were asking about. You cannot combo after that drone KB. :(

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Kassandra Kage Klan :DOGE

Oh wait... Nevermind :rolleyes:
I think we should go with Kassandra CAGE Klan XD so we can continue to use the okay hand sign and not look too suspicious. :DOGE

I promise I'll keep my mouth shut, I've become known as a bit of a whiner, lol.
Whining is fine, I'm already saying she got nerfed so XD And I'll NEVER forget the horrid, downright disgusting, alternate outfits they gave her.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I think we should go with Kassandra CAGE Klan XD so we can continue to use the okay hand sign and not look too suspicious. :DOGE

Whining is fine, I'm already saying she got nerfed so XD And I'll NEVER forget the horrid, downright disgusting, alternate outfits they gave her.
That does sound better Lmao
Now we just need a Theme Song
jk

Dr Awde

Noob
The shot being mid is a bit disappointing. But looking at Cassies frame data it makes sense that she shouldn't have huge midscreen combos. She dips into the zoning potential a little bit, but her pressure is where she really shines. NRS is going hard into the fighter archetype style, which I'm very happy to see. Liu Kang/Noob have huge combo potential but are very unsafe most of the time, whereas Cassie has pretty insane pressure, especially in the corner, with gun cancels, etc.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
The shot being mid is a bit disappointing. But looking at Cassies frame data it makes sense that she shouldn't have huge midscreen combos. She dips into the zoning potential a little bit, but her pressure is where she really shines. NRS is going hard into the fighter archetype style, which I'm very happy to see. Liu Kang/Noob have huge combo potential but are very unsafe most of the time, whereas Cassie has pretty insane pressure, especially in the corner, with gun cancels, etc.
That’s a very good point. I like pressure that’s how I play best. Her cancels may be good only against unsafe characters cause they are pretty darn slow, but as someone else pointed out tou can bait teleports and a lot of the cast seem to have them. I can’t wait to see crazy combos she can do in the corner.

Lisbeth

Kitana stole my sai
Not even Cassie seems happy with her outfits options

I'm looking forward on playing as Cassie, she was one of my mains in MKX, sucks not having Ashly back but I actually like her new voice, she sounds less bitchy (because in my mind Cassie and Chloe from Life is Strange are the same character), I'm very excited. At least she has some of the best intros/outros in the game :p

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Not even Cassie seems happy with her outfits options

View attachment 14071

I'm looking forward on playing as Cassie, she was one of my mains in MKX, sucks not having Ashley back but I actually like her new voice, she sounds less bitchy (because in my mind Cassie and Chloe from Life is Strange are the same character), I'm very excited. At least she has some of the best intros/outros in the game :p
LMAO

Yeah she has some John Wick intros and outros and they look sick. And her social media one is hilarious.

Dr Awde

Noob
That’s a very good point. I like pressure that’s how I play best. Her cancels may be good only against unsafe characters cause they are pretty darn slow, but as someone else pointed out tou can bait teleports and a lot of the cast seem to have them. I can’t wait to see crazy combos she can do in the corner.
Exactly. I fully plan on trying to condition opponents in the corner to wake up guard vs. gun stance, only to cancel into nut kick > nut kick krushing blow. Gonna be free 30% damage for a week at least