What's new

Capcom to win over MK in Injustice? Debate

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
yea combo, and np.
and ok cool, good to know their is a way out.
We tried a bunch of stuff before posting, but couldnt find a way out.
we just video taped what it is, didnt show all the things the second player could do.
must of been doing something wrong, but good to know. I can keep practising it to get out.
I just didnt see the need for anyone to get so hostile. It was just a cool find.
I never meant to come off as hostile, if I did sorry. As for any of the other posters, it is the internet you'll always run into someone being that way. :)

Reactions: zaf

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I come from Guilty Gear. None of these games have just-frame recovery cancels tied to your meter management abilities so I think you're all pussies.

That being said, this concept was mentioned earlier in this thread but I'll put it another way:

MK scene vs. SF scene is pretty much like getting into a fight with Chuck Norris. If you lose, no shit; Chuck fucking Norris. If you win, fuck you; you just beat up a senior citizen.

Nobody will blame the SF crowd if they lose and nobody will give the MK guys any credit if they win. There's also the matter of how we keep score in this pissing contest. Is it who has the strongest stream out of the gate, or is it who pisses farthest the longest?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
guys....ChrisG and J.Wong actually played mk and took ti serious...so stop calling them capcom guys...they know our game because they gave a fuck about it.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
I don't know about Capcom players winning over MK players in Injustice, but one thing I do know... We will see some really interesting matches.

VOR

Apprentice
I know I'm part of the choir of people saying it's just Chris G and Justin Wong just being fighting game machines, but they are. If the Mk community sucks at their game, then almost every other community sucks at their game too. It's just gonna be about who sticks with Injustice and hits the lab the hardest that gets good. These two guys both stopped playing MK, showed up to some tournies, got some wins, but also got absolutely bodied too. The TOP MK players were always good, but they have also improved a ton in their overall fundamentals. F. Champ just talks shit to everybody, so if it pisses you off, use it as motivation.

Exar0s

Cassie Cage <3
Meh, F-Champ needs to worry about MvC before talking shit to the MK crowd. I remember seeing F-Champ get destroyed in team and single battles at Final Round. Chris G on the other hand was a monster.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
At first I wasnt sure but after seeing the constant complaints about back to block and no dash blocking I think its safe to say Capcom has a huge advantage
Death, your point brings up a major point that the vast majority here seems to be missing; a point I've only seen a few people notice: these guys are not "capcom players," they are fighting game players. The reason these guys are good at every game they play (like Chris G always doing well in MK, even though he doesn't even play it) is because they have such a wealth of experience.

Justin Wong, for example, has over a decade of high-level experience in tons of games. He's been in the same situations thousands and thousands and thousands of times before. Guys like him only need to get hit by something once before their brain relates what happened to past experiences and he figures a way out of shit. That is what makes top fighting game players so scary. Do people think if Tokido and Poongko pick this up, they're not going to just murder people? Those guys are killers, period. All games.

I also don't understand why so many people here seem to think they're defending the crown again "capcom players" just because this happens to be an NRS game. Psst. It's not MK, people. If this was MK10, it'd be different. It's just a new fighting game, period. Many are acting like the people you term "capcom players" don't also play KOF, GG, and a ton of other games.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
It's really simple. The reason there isn't more cross breeding is because MK games are fundamentally different than Capcom games, and vice versa. So you won't see many top Capcom players dominating MK games, the same way you won't see many top MK players, dominating Capcom games.

The cop-out of "Oh, MK games are bad and don't take any skill... that's why the Capcom players don't do well in MK", isn't really valid. If the game took little skill, was easy or whatever, wouldn't these Capcom guys be easily dominating the competition with little effort? The fact is they aren't. Chris G is living proof that you can't just play the game at tournaments and expect to win. But the thing is, CHRIS G IS THE EXCEPTION! He's not someone I would call a Capcom player, since he's a top player in almost every fighting game he plays, same with Jwong. Yet these exceptions, they aren't winning. That's not to say MK players are better than Capcom players in general, but MK players sure as hell are better than Capcom players in MK games, to deny that is to dismiss the truth and live in denial. The exact same way that Capcom players are better at Capcom games than MK players are.

I would say if you're not use to the back to block style defense that's a huge disadvantage. You can play for years and still never block as well as the pros.

Being a Capcom player I'd say movement is not a barrier, execution is not a barrier, footsies is a little different but that's true even amongst capcom games.

Not gonna lie guys, if no one ever told me this game was made by the mortal kombat guys I'd neverk now the difference.

Do I think I'm gonna get online and body every MK player? No way, but I think you have as much to learn as I do.

As far as at the pro level goes I see it as fairly even as well. You've got a lot of players from both sides who have gotten a chance to already play the final version.