What's new

Can we give some props to Scar?

Lokheit

Noob
You say this as if Kobu Jutsu were too powerful next to Demolition. Scar's performance was great, but so was Sonic Fox's, as always.
I say it as: "Everyone was going nuts about how awesome it was the top8 was made of character loyalists, some of them with extremely unused ones, and Sonic, having a repertoire of "personal goto" characters had to go for the widely recognized eazy mode one destroying that magic because his performance with Cassie got boddied and apparently didn't think he could win with his other characteristic ones like Kitana and Erron".

I know counter picking is part of tournaments, I know he had to win those games no matter the characters involved, but for someone with his reputation it felt bad, specially in the context of that awesome top8. I enjoyed the Scar vs. Hayatei match much more than the Grand Finals.

Perdition

Your friendly neighborhood cynic
Scar works as hard or harder than any MK player in the community. And for that, I have always had mad respect for him. Scar is by far my favorite MK player these days.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Scar I'm happy for you, and imma let you finish, but that ronin was the most hype thing of all time, of ALL TIME

sars

Noob
Crazy finals, but at the end of the day sonic fox proved why he is the greatest mkx player in the world. Who cares if he switched to tonya. Sonic fox is so smart. He knew when to pressure and when not to. Everyone else was getting wrecked with 50 percent xrays, but not sonic fox.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Scar was nothing shorter than amazing. I originally only thought Sonya as a "one-variation-only" character, meaning that all she had was covert ops. Not only was I blown away by his demolition performance, I immediately wanted to go into the lab to try her out myself because he inspired me to. Scar has opened everyone's eyes to the variation system and now I hope more people of the FGC explore their characters further so we can see them rise to glory of grand finals. Well done Scar, well done.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Hey guys. We have got to give props to Scar for showing us how to play some underused variations. So far during MKX his Demolitions Sonya and Hat Trick Kung Lao have been amazing fun to watch. Not only that he is a very good player too. We need more players like Scar!
Sure, we can, as long as we don't forget that it wasn't the character pick that he lost to.
I could pick a character that way, he'd beat me, so gosh golly, it mustta been maybe Sonic Fox and not his pick that won the tournament maybe riiiiigh' ?

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Dude totally won me over last night, I started rooting for him over my favorite players because that Demo Sonya was too hype.