What's new

Can we finally agree this game's ranked system needs 2/3?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I'd rather keep it at 3/5. I can't tell you how many times I've gone down 2-0 and figured out what my opponent was doing and turned it around.

Having said that, tons of scumbags just disconnect once I tie it up 2-2.

Online ranked sucks for a number of reasons.

I prefer 2/3. 3/5 is alright, but it does feel draining when your opponent is clearly outmatched and you can just feel how badly they want out.

People citing situations where they've gone down 0/2 and then won 3 straight is neither here nor there. I've gone 0-3 to 0-5 in Kasuals and then won 10 consecutive games. At that point why 3/5 and not first to 10? The more matches you play the better chance you have of the superior player adapting and coming out on top, no? Rhetorical question, I realize there are time constraints in tournaments and not everyone has all day, but my point is 2/3 is more than enough in ranked. In tournament 3/5 might make sense, though I like consistency - but meh.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ft3 is perfect. I have reverse OCV’d SO many times in ranked. Seriously, I win being down 0-2 very consistently. It takes me 2 games to adapt to the lag and to my opponent.

Although, it definitely should reflect the pro series rules. Since tournaments until top 8 are ft2, ranked should be as well, imo.

It should be FT10 and winner switches character.
Throwing in "winner switches character" just sounds like you're not sure how to approach my point and hope adding an absurd suggestion which I did not make myself will sufficiently make what I did say seem ridiculous.

I see you.

omooba

fear the moobs
i think it should mirror the pro tour, that said i also think the pro tour should be 3/5

The real solution is to block all the idiots on their neighbors wifi trying to play fighting games.

Wayyy too many bad connections seeping thru the cracks.

The real solution is to block all the idiots on their neighbors wifi trying to play fighting games.

Wayyy too many bad connections seeping thru the cracks.
The sheer number of players on WiFi was actually shocking to me. Anyone intending to take a fighting game seriously enough to play online should know better. Legit 90% of my matches are against WiFi warriors. Must be Starbucks employees on their lunch breaks.