What's new

Can scorpion win a major by himself?

Scorpion has a great and dangerous vortex, hellfire good tool to keep ppl from staying ground, standing 1 AA, instant tele, and a solid d4. His issues are none of his low pokes have advantage on hit, his moves are very punishable if they miss or get blocked, and his wake ups suck. But I would like to know the opinions of others on whether or not he can win a major by himself.

Espio

Kokomo
It's possible, you can win with any character if you outplay your opponents. The thing is, will anybody go to a tournament with just Scorpion?

He has high risk options, but he can be played conservatively and safely, at the player's disrection.

It's possible, you can win with any character if you outplay your oppoents. The thing is, will anybody go to a tournament with just Scorpion?

He has high risk options, but he can be play conservatively and safely, at the player's disrection.
agreed, i play scorpion as safe as possible and try to limit anything that will get me punished heavily, that's the best way to win with him at a high lvl.

nobody will ever win another major (significant major) with only one character ever again, let alone scorpion.

too many great players and solid character counters
I probably have to agree with this unless u get lucky and don't run into a bad matchup, and that is basically impossible now.

lately people say it isnt possible to win with just one character no matter who you pick. And his d4 is not good... its neutral on HIT. and negative on block. the range is the only thing that is good and since you dont get anything good out of it instead of 3% it kind of sucks.

lately people say it isnt possible to win with just one character no matter who you pick. And his d4 is not good... its neutral on HIT. and negative on block. the range is the only thing that is good and since you dont get anything good out of it instead of 3% it kind of sucks.
D4 is not bad lol. He actually needs his d4 or his pokes would be quan chi status basically. Also u can cancel d4 into leg takedown or ex spear if someone likes to jump after it. It can also be used to set up scorpions standing 1 AA if they jump. Before u comment on something, think about everything something can do before u say it is bad.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
D4 is not bad lol. He actually needs his d4 or his pokes would be quan chi status basically. Also u can cancel d4 into leg takedown or ex spear if someone likes to jump after it. It can also be used to set up scorpions standing 1 AA if they jump. Before u comment on something, think about everything something can do before u say it is bad.
compared to everyone else who is at advantage on hit... its bad. Just think... its 0 on hit. Nothing you do after will be pressure oriented... because anyone an simply counter poke you anyway. You NEVER fear Scorpion's footsie.... thats a big deal.

Deity

Noob
D4 is actually 0 on block not negative.
Its 0 on hit too LOOOOL. I would imagine scorpion gets his ass whooped by cage, having terrible low pokes and a mediocre armor move. With the amount of JC were going to see in the future, it would be hard to win with scorp.

compared to everyone else who is at advantage on hit... its bad. Just think... its 0 on hit. Nothing you do after will be pressure oriented... because anyone an simply counter poke you anyway. You NEVER fear Scorpion's footsie.... thats a big deal.
Neutral on hit yes, but not useless and has great range. Counterpoking it will only work if the scorp tries to poke again. I can use a d4 just to give me space to back up and space someone or use it to bait jump ins.

Its 0 on hit too LOOOOL. I would imagine scorpion gets his ass whooped by cage, having terrible low pokes and a mediocre armor move. With the amount of JC were going to see in the future, it would be hard to win with scorp.
I won't lie cage does give scorp a terribly hard time lol, that would be the real challenge for a scorp to win by himself.

ryublaze

Noob
People always see 0 on hit and automatically think it's bad without looking at the good things. As said before, it has great range and is good for spacing. It can be used as an anti-air into vortex as well. It's not one of the better D4s in the game, but it's not bad.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Since Scorp is mostly 5-5s with a few 4-6 and 6-4, he has a chance.

As everyone else said, it would be far better to get a team. Use Scorpion as your lead and then get a counter rushdown and some one for giggles and you are set...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Since Scorp is mostly 5-5s with a few 4-6 and 6-4, he has a chance.

As everyone else said, it would be far better to get a team. Use Scorpion as your lead and then get a counter rushdown and some one for giggles and you are set...
I dont think you will be winning MLG with "some one for giggles" but you hold a true point. It is much better to have a backup.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
I feel you can MIT, ur one of the best scorpions. I hate to say it but I am all for character loyalty.. I plan to stay wit ermac till mk9 is over. I feel I can win a major with him. I worked on my reptile mu cuz of you. Get new tech my nig and do work!

I feel you can MIT, ur one of the best scorpions. I hate to say it but I am all for character loyalty.. I plan to stay wit ermac till mk9 is over. I feel I can win a major with him. I worked on my reptile mu cuz of you. Get new tech my nig and do work!
Oh snaps, I would love to see some new tech for Mac bcuz he needs it.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
He needs it so bad... Lol first one to win a major with their prospective character wins! Lol this gentlemens bet will be won by me though, dear friend!