What's new

Cage sweep into combo

So as I said in the video, I have no idea if this has been found before but i did a search and didn't find anything on it.

So basically Cage's sweep is so fast on the recovery that you can link in a jab after it and after the jab you can do stuff like flip kick, EX flip kick, horizontal kick, and in the corner only you may link in a regular and EX nut punch.

If this stays this is going to make Cage an absolute beast. Everybody knows that cage lacks good lows that do damage, and for a good reason, but now with this sweep he can create a good low game that actually generates good damage. What's also important about this is that following a sweep if it's blocked, the opponent cannot interrupt a d+1(From STBL show, correct me if I'm wrong) so even if this is blocked and you go ahead with the d+1~flip kick, you cannot be interrupted and, as we all know, not all characters can punish a Cage flip kick.

The fact that this improves his corner game by adding a low which ends in nut punch is kind of insane. I'm not sure if you would be able to react to a sweep after mutliple 2 1 pressures (threaten overhead but go into a low, lol), but if you catch them with that it's good damage and will keep them standing for you to continue pressure.

Also, this works from a max range sweep, not just a point blank one.

Update:

-The timing is strict, but after a sweep hits you can do a f+3 and the opponent will block it, BUT it will stand him back up (!!!!). This is significant because even if it is blocked, a f+3 still can't be interrupted after a sweep. So you can fearlessly sweep, f+3 AND have that frame advantage that the f+3 gives you after it.

-After a sweep you can uppercut the opponent for 18% damage with no meter, this gives 2% more damage than sweep, d+1, flip kick. NOTE: I'm just saying this (uppercut) is possible, I personally would never use this.

Permodius said:
After some thorough testing, linking a crouching 1 after the sweep seems to be stance-specific. When Johnny Cage's stance was opposite of the other character, I couldn't connect the combo, but when his stance was the same, I was always able to. It my also apply to the uppercut, I am not sure because the timing on combing a sweep into an uppercut is so tight. Though I've only been able to do it also when Johnny's stance was the same as the other character. I tried this against both Kung Lao and Sub-Zero. Can anyone confirm?
Cat said:
It can be done in any stance. Tested it. You just gotta be god like as myself. Lol. I was doing against reptile. But I doubt that matters. It's just striker timing. Most of the time I get resets with the low jab but have gotten the combo in a few times. Whenever we both have the same stance I get the combo in 8 times out of 10. I practiced it a lot. Lol I look for when the opponents feet are mid air idk it's weird but trust me. Mashing the low jab will not work. Lo

Here's the video...

If somebody could test this thoroughly on the PS3 with the new patch that would be fantastic

wow interesting talk about godlike footsies nice find!
Yeah this with the recent buff to EX kick is going to break him i think. Cage for God tier.

edit: Also, I'm kind of curious if this was what Tom was talking about when he said on the STBL show that "If you knew the things I knew about cage you'd be crying for nerfs" or something like that. Definitely seems worthy to me lol.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Yeah this with the recent buff to EX kick is going to break him i think. Cage for God tier.

edit: Also, I'm kind of curious if this was what Tom was talking about when he said on the STBL show that "If you knew the things I knew about cage you'd be crying for nerfs" or something like that. Definitely seems worthy to me lol.
Actually he was referring to something else.
Traps, he has them

McNasty

Moist.
yeah I remember that 'if NRS knew the things i know about cage he'd be banned from tournament play" Id like to see these traps. I know 21 pressure is ridiculous already and his corner shenanigans are top tier to say the least.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Reveal your secrets :eek:
The living guides man, it'll be there, but you must be patient. haha
I asked Tom not to reveal to me what was so good in detail so all he told me was he has some traps "dumb traps." I'm kind of anxious to know myself, but I'm going to wait. You could probably get an answer from him yourself if you PM him. If you do though, STSFN so NRS doesn't nerf it :p

Update:
Two more things I found after messing around with it.

-After a sweep you can uppercut the opponent for 18% damage with no meter, this gives 2% more damage than sweep, d+1, flip kick

-The timing is strict, but after a sweep hits you can do a f+3 and the opponent will block it, BUT it will stand him back up (!!!!). This is significant because even if it is blocked, a f+3 still can't be interrupted after a sweep. So you can fearlessly sweep, f+3 AND have that frame advantage that the f+3 gives you after it.

I'm personally hoping for it. There's barely anyone here to discuss stuff with.
yeah it's one the the weirdest things i've seen man, character that's S tier is hardly played at tournaments, and yet everybody agrees he's amazing. One of the reasons I posted this was to get more people in this forum lol.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
This is too good!!!! I feel like destroying this thread and hunt all of you down. So no one will know this but me come evo >:)

Zebster

How's my volume?
yeah it's one the the weirdest things i've seen man, character that's S tier is hardly played at tournaments, and yet everybody agrees he's amazing. One of the reasons I posted this was to get more people in this forum lol.
Yeah it boggles the mind. He's arguably top 3 as of now (though he'll always be #1 to me /fanboy), and yet a lot of people will probably still ignore him.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
This is pretty awesome, tbh. But you know it's gonna be gone... >.>

Zebster

How's my volume?
This is pretty awesome, tbh. But you know it's gonna be gone... >.>
Shh... not if it stays a secret... Oh wait, both Hector Sanchez and Paulo Garcia are registered on this site... no way this is going by them. Well all I can say is... hope it isn't changed until after EVO :p

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You're not gonna win a major with it. It's not like fuzzy guarding it doesn't beat it.

You're not gonna win a major with it. It's not like fuzzy guarding it doesn't beat it.
I know, just saying I'd rather the broken/OP shit be patched out so that if somebody wins they don't have people saying "Well you used X, so it wasn't really fair"

I'm in Western Mass. New to Cage still, just learning shit, playing a few nights a week with my a friend in Southwick that plays Sub and actually owns the game. He's tempted to start trying out tourneys in the area and shiz. Thought you might know about the CT Scene, if there is one.

Zebster

How's my volume?
I'm in Western Mass. New to Cage still, just learning shit, playing a few nights a week with my a friend in Southwick that plays Sub and actually owns the game. He's tempted to start trying out tourneys in the area and shiz. Thought you might know about the CT Scene, if there is one.
There is but I don't participate in many of the tournaments held here (good reason for this). If you want to know more about the scene you can check out the New England Matchmaking thread and ask around there.