What's new

Tech - Buzz Saw Buzz saw Jailing set up

Kevin Kusanagi

"Learn from this Playa"
sup folks im new to this forum anyways..... This is a little something i came across like two weeks ago messing around in the lab looking for new stuff, so in Buzz saw Laos ex up hat jails the opponent completely so let's say you you end your bnb with 2,1 for a hard knockdown and either your opponent decides not to wake up with anything or he has no meter as soon they hit the the ground throw the up hat and when they block they are jailed completely and giving you a window to run up and do f2 (been testing if i have enough time to run up and do 112124 but it seems a lot harder so im not so sure if it's possible to even do it) now what can you get with just a F2? i feel there is mind games behind that they can either expect the low so they block low and you b2 them , go for a grab or if they are really spooked run up and do 112124 for meter build... let me know what you guys think... could this possibly be Tourney viable?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Huh, interesting. Can't the person just delay wakeup? And if they did wouldn't the hat not come back instantly then you don't have a hat for pressure/mixups and wasted a bar? I don't know really anything about Buzzsaw so I'm just curious.

Kevin Kusanagi

"Learn from this Playa"
Huh, interesting. Can't the person just delay wakeup? And if they did wouldn't the hat not come back instantly then you don't have a hat for pressure/mixups and wasted a bar? I don't know really anything about Buzzsaw so I'm just curious.
of course they can if you they keep delaying you can also hold the hat, his hat returns as soon as the animation of f2 ends and i believe that's where Lao's mind game start because people can either be expecting the low extension out of f2 so they tend to respect it so you can go for a grab or run up and do 112124 low hat or b2 low hat.

Scott The Scot

of course they can if you they keep delaying you can also hold the hat, his hat returns as soon as the animation of f2 ends and i believe that's where Lao's mind game start because people can either be expecting the low extension out of f2 so they tend to respect it so you can go for a grab or run up and do 112124 low hat or b2 low hat.
There's a gap after F2 so if you rely on this too much expect to get armoured or backdashed then punished. Really there's no follow up to F2 unless you bait a reversal move since F2 is safe (I think)

Kevin Kusanagi

"Learn from this Playa"
There's a gap after F2 so if you rely on this too much expect to get armoured or backdashed then punished. Really there's no follow up to F2 unless you bait a reversal move since F2 is safe (I think)
oh yea of course but that's why i said Mind games honestly not something abuseable but it's another option because you can also run up and do 112124 into low hat ( by that time your hat has returned) granted there is a gap if you do 112124 but again it's all reaction because it's a small window because your jailed for a bit so they can be expecting f2 but you end up going for 112124 instead. also yea f2 is safe it's -1 on block, so it's nothing to crazy but i feel it's just another option.

Scott The Scot

oh yea of course but that's why i said Mind games honestly not something abuseable but it's another option because you can also run up and do 112124 into low hat ( by that time your hat has returned) granted there is a gap if you do 112124 but again it's all reaction because it's a small window because your jailed for a bit so they can be expecting f2 but you end up going for 112124 instead. also yea f2 is safe it's -1 on block, so it's nothing to crazy but i feel it's just another option.
Well more power to you if you have success with this! :)

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
it is, but if your willing to take a risk after some conditioning, because the 3 in f23 is a bit staggered it can catch people off guard.
Yeah, easier to connect online especially, I just use it as my last resort card when I feel like I'm gunna lose if I don't get anything lucky in. The way I play I practically spam overheads all game so this sometimes works for me because I never use it, but for the most part F21 is just my advancing opener/footsies tool. It worse for Hat Trick, because unlike tempest and Buzzsaw, I have no way to make it safe on block, so I'm like -25 regardless of Spin or not unless I cancel into some yolo teleport or something. I just don't really like the string. Might feel otherwise if I played a different variation, but I know F0xy feels the same.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
Yeah, easier to connect online especially, I just use it as my last resort card when I feel like I'm gunna lose if I don't get anything lucky in. The way I play I practically spam overheads all game so this sometimes works for me because I never use it, but for the most part F21 is just my advancing opener/footsies tool. It worse for Hat Trick, because unlike tempest and Buzzsaw, I have no way to make it safe on block, so I'm like -25 regardless of Spin or not unless I cancel into some yolo teleport or something. I just don't really like the string. Might feel otherwise if I played a different variation, but I know F0xy feels the same.
i only use f2 and i feel the same about f23 not being that good, but im wondering why nobody uses b12, including myself lol

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
i lost to f23 online too much xD. just like i lose to subzeroes double low, lack of mu experience makes u lose to some real dumb stuff.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
F2 is only slightly negative I believe so you can hitconfirm the F2. If they delay wakeup do a staggered F2 then block or go into more pressure, if they block stagger F2 to bait out a reversal or go into more pressure or if it hits go into F23xxSpin. I don't play Buzzsaw much, just Tempest, but this seems like a viable setup if you have the meter for it.

Scott The Scot

F2 is only slightly negative I believe so you can hitconfirm the F2. If they delay wakeup do a staggered F2 then block or go into more pressure, if they block stagger F2 to bait out a reversal or go into more pressure or if it hits go into F23xxSpin. I don't play Buzzsaw much, just Tempest, but this seems like a viable setup if you have the meter for it.
Yeah that's what I said except without the hitconfirm part. I'm not sure if you can hitconfirm a single move like F2 but god damn that's cool if you can :)

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Yeah that's what I said except without the hitconfirm part. I'm not sure if you can hitconfirm a single move like F2 but god damn that's cool if you can :)
The up hat helps you hitconfirm. Like I said though I don't really play Buzzsaw so I could be wrong but on paper it seems good.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
i think you cant hitconfirm f2 into f23xxspin, but if you stagger f2 you can always commit to the low hat and be -6 while having the option to counterpoke with exspin if they block, or mixup with throw / b2xxlowhat etc. if it hits

Scott The Scot

The up hat helps you hitconfirm. Like I said though I don't really play Buzzsaw so I could be wrong but on paper it seems good.
Honestly, not a big Lao player so I'm probably not the one to be having a discussion about it. If you keep up with all the character forums, you'll see usually go in blab about something I don't know haha.

i think you cant hitconfirm f2 into f23xxspin, but if you stagger f2 you can always commit to the low hat and be -6 while having the option to counterpoke with exspin if they block, or mixup with throw / b2xxlowhat etc. if it hits
I mean F2 is like 11 frames or something, so nah you ain't reacting to that hitting then being like "Oh yeah, time to finish the string and spin". I think F2~Low Hat might have a gap in it but I've never tested it. And if you're pressing buttons at -6 you're a ballsy man lol.

WiseM0nkey

welcome to the ButtSlam
I mean F2 is like 11 frames or something, so nah you ain't reacting to that hitting then being like "Oh yeah, time to finish the string and spin". I think F2~Low Hat might have a gap in it but I've never tested it. And if you're pressing buttons at -6 you're a ballsy man lol.
well, by pressing buttons on -6 i mean counterpoke with armor to bait a d1/d3 or whatever :p

i dont think f2xxLowHat has a gap, but not sure, i'll check it out asap

Scott The Scot

well, by pressing buttons on -6 i mean counterpoke with armor to bait a d1/d3 or whatever :p

i dont think f2xxLowHat has a gap, but not sure, i'll check it out asap
Oh you mean like a try and blow up somebody poking. Well, if your opponent is frame perfect then you shouldn't be able to spin at -6. Your spin only becomes active after 7 frames of start up. 7 - (-6) = 13. If the opponent uses a 13 frame move, you'll trade I think. But if they use a 12 frame move they'll stuff your Spin. But they need to perfect with their execution :p